Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG The Warlock's Haunted Attic

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:48:52 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀spooky chat

@geist: oh fun!! i hadn't heard of that term before!
now that you've mentioned it - i did listen to a few episodes of welcome to night vale - is it kind of like that?

i guess it kind of blurs the line too with like ... audiobooks?
it sounds pretty fun to write! is it a lot of narration or mostly dialogue?? how do you usually approach or structure writing something like that?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 16:37:50 )

@xvz: it was a wonderful time. Sadly were not in touch as much as we would like. I've gone east and got married and had three kids keeping me busy. XD one of them has moved states west to live with her girlfriend but is back home near her parents now because her girlfriend dumped her and kicked her out for Valentine's day. And the third is down south in a different state because she's in the navy. She's got two little girls and is on her second marriage. I'm hoping this one lasts for her. Her soulmate (in my opinion) died in a tragic accident before they were ever able to get married so love life has been rough for her.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 17:48:50 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀spooky chat

@shadami: oh gosh valentine's day .... that's rough lol ... but i guess for someone having to break up on valentine's day, there probably never was a "good time" (cuz of the long string of holidays that come before)
and that's tough, it's must be hard to move on when a relationship ends in an accident - like it's not like anyone chose to :-(
how often do you all keep in touch nowadays? do you keep a group chat or anything like that, or still write together eat all?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 20:15:27 )

Nah, sadly we're pretty out of touch running around with our own lives. we try to touch base every few months but sometimes time just slips by.

My own sister and I hadn't seen or talked in a year and we just kinda went how the heck did this happen. Scheduled a meet up and said WE'RE DOING THIS. No more "we have to do something" we just did. xD
course the second time we scheduled a sister meet up like that we had to cancel. She works as a nurse and there were some covid cases that went through and she didn't want to risk being exposed and exposing me and my girls. So we're going to try again after the snow. She doesn't travel in winter.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 05:35:28 )
@xvz: I've never listened to Welcome to Night Vale, but I've listened to other audio dramas like Voice of All MTG and Old Gods of Appalachia, so I'd say it's in the vein of those I guess? As for writing it, I just approach it kind of like working on a novel; each episode is pretty much stand-alone, but they all tie into the big season finale (or at least I hope they will ). They're written as if they were journal entries by each of the main cast.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:19:25 )

OMG i remember the night vale thing everyone was talking about it one year and i still haven't listened to it xD

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 07:34:45 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

@shadami: ahh a few months is not bad though! esp when you're far apart, it can be harder to stay in touch w ppl far away when irl stuff is always demanding attention
ru and ur sister in the same area? or is it hard for yall to make time to hang out?

wow so much respect to ur sister, being a nurse this year has got to be one of the hardest jobs ... it must have been pretty scary! hope she didn't get sick or anything
i wish things can get better by next spring, fingers crossed lol...

i haven't listen to a ton of night vale cuz when i think about listening to something it's cuz i wanna relax ... but it's kind of spooky so maybe not the best for relaxing lol ... but their style of humor i really enjoy!!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 07:40:20 )

We love an hour ish apart. So it's not the easiest. And it's an hour via toll road. XD

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 07:40:22 )

@geist: i had to look those up but i listened to one and that's so fun!!! voicing one of those seems like a really fun thing to do, i hope i can try it sometime in my life haha ... i mean it's essentially voice acting right?

that sounds exciting, good luck w the writing!! i guess an episode is kind of like a big chapter? the journal entries approach seems really fun too!

so for the audio dramas u listen to, like how do u usually listen to them?? like... is it in the car, or while you're doing stuff around the house? or would you just sit and listen?? i think outside of commuting i can't really think of a time/place where i'd listen to podcasts / audiobooks / etc. ... like what do i do w hands / body ...? lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 07:41:11 )

nooo not the toll lol
do yall alternate who's place ?? or like meet in the middle ?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 00:42:46 )

We tend to switch who's house we head out to.

Here's the first chapter so that you can get an idea of how i do it ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 04:45:35 )
xvz:

@geist: i had to look those up but i listened to one and that's so fun!!! voicing one of those seems like a really fun thing to do, i hope i can try it sometime in my life haha ... i mean it's essentially voice acting right?

that sounds exciting, good luck w the writing!! i guess an episode is kind of like a big chapter? the journal entries approach seems really fun too!

so for the audio dramas u listen to, like how do u usually listen to them?? like... is it in the car, or while you're doing stuff around the house? or would you just sit and listen?? i think outside of commuting i can't really think of a time/place where i'd listen to podcasts / audiobooks / etc. ... like what do i do w hands / body ...? lol

Voice acting is exactly what it is, yes! And each journal entry is a chapter ^^. And I just listen to podcasts whenever I'm doing something else, like chores or writing. So yeah, listen to them...whenever you'd have a time/place to?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 05:42:44 )

@shadami: this is so cool!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing ^0^ wow i feel like a lot of time and care has been put into organizing this!
so the blog is like, after you play a session and you've compiled it all? when everyone's playing, is it in real time? like on discord? is it all over text / typing, or do you use voice chat, or ..??

also i hope you don't mind but i did poke around your blog just a tiny bit (was trying to see if there was a second session) - it's really impressive how dedicated you are and how much you've written (not just for the rp session but like in general)!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 05:45:39 )

@geist: seems super fun! are you going to narrate anything? how do you plan to find ppl to voice it?

ohh listening while writing ??? is it more of a bg thing or do you just kind of switch ur focus back and forth? i've tried listening to stuff while doing things and i feel like i don't always focus on what's being said and sometimes will drift off into my thoughts ... but i guess one way to look at is, is like ppl will have the tv or radio on in the bg so it could be kind of like that ?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 06:47:09 )
@xvz: It's kind of a background thing. As for finding voices, I've been trawling some of the discord servers I'm in. I've got some of the parts voiced, but not all of them so I've still got some parts that need filling, plus the odd extra I'll need to pitch in every now and then.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 23:43:57 )

@xvz: oh thank you ^-^
Yeah I write quite a bit in my spare time. and just kind of collect my gaming sessions as stories/journaling/writing thing now. I've got some a separate blog for wow and etc. It's just my way of relieving tensions and sharing gaming with anyone that is randomly interested. I have stories in my head but I know people aren't going to see it, so this way i figure at least someone might stumble upon it and I've gotten it out of my head! Hah!

The sessions are in text and some of it is direct quotes in the story, others are made up as I'm writing and taking screenshots. We have done voice chat, but most of it is just them sending in answers to prompts.
The players are all writers themselves.
"Original Stories - Simselfies Adventure" is where the other chapters are. xD I have to get another one out soon, and I don't think I remembered to put the story i typed up for the session i had with my daughters as an actual link. It is in the new posts though when scrolling back.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 10:18:34 )
Hello procrastination my old friend~
Noctem de Magia Academy
///
Voltra's Space Station
///
The Warlock's Frozen Attic--It's cold out there!
\\\
Space Solstice Shenanigans!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.