Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 16:00:55 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: The community there has a "salt"/drama blog, and most artists have been attacked on there for their skill. Sort of related to that, but on the other end of art shops - art shops offer commissions and most require a fee to keep a commission private. I found that incredibly offputting, because art to me is a personal process, and I would not ever want my OCs used to advertise someone else's shop, especially for art I paid for.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 16:10:27 )
@0v7: That does not sound like the friendliest or most respectful environment! I don't blame you for closing down - and probably not commissioning people for art either.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 16:15:55 )

@Wildfire: I have a small selection of artists I'll probably commission again in the future, and that's it haha

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 16:27:01 )
@0v7: That sounds reasonable. The atmosphere you describe just doesn't sound like a lot of fun, tbh. What do you like about that place?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 16:27:40 )
... and don't mind my slow-ish replies - I am multitasking and getting a little distracted.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 16:56:28 )
Good morning everyone! Or almost afternoon for me. xD

How's it going?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 16:58:42 )
@Aisukohi: Good mor... afternoon! XD Nice to see you - what are you up to today?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:00:58 )
Nice to see you too!

I'm hanging out at my parents' today, at least while our NFL team is playing. The game starts in an hour (Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cincinnati Bengals). Hoping my Jags win, which they should if they play smart!

How about you?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:03:30 )
@Aisukohi: Gooooo Florida! XD
I'm just hanging out around the internet, trying to get a few things done and not feeling like doing it :P ... but it's overcast and that's probably not helping my current mood, which is roughly "slug"

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:08:24 )
Oooh, I get the same way when it comes to overcast weather. Don't feel like doing ANYTHING but being a couch (or bed?) potato. It's overcast and slightly rainy here too. I probably won't do much of anything once I decide to go home.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:23:48 )

@Wildfire: I like how easy it is to make the standard currency - hence why I commissioned people on there in the first place!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:25:10 )
@Aisukohi: Exactly. I don't always feel sluggish when it's overcast, but I sure do today!!

@0v7: That makes sense. I was just curious.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:26:15 )
I should really do laundry when I get home, mainly folding and putting away. We'll see how that goes lol.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:27:15 )
LOL! I should probably do some laundry too - but not right now, and probably not even today.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:30:53 )
If you can afford to put it off, why not?!

Idk what I hate more...laundry or dishes. I find I don't mind cleaning surfaces though, like sweeping, vacuuming, or scrubbing fixtures.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:38:12 )
@Aisukohi: lol - I'm completely over the dishes thing. It seems like they never, ever, ever go away. At least laundry you don't have to do every day, multiple times a day. The surfaces, though - it depends. I don't mind vacuuming, once the dog toys and miscellaneous things are picked up. Scrubbing fixtures is a chore for me. Cleaning is weird.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:45:25 )
Yeah between laundry and dishes, they're a constant. x-x Or at least the laundry SEEMS constant, and there's only 3 people in my household including myself.

Of course my least favorite fixture to clean is the toilet, but you definitely can't let that go.

I vacuumed out my AC unit a couple weeks ago. It was suuuuper dusty in there, but so satisfying to clean at the same time. I don't think the previous tenant ever replaced his filter, or at least not for a long time. xP

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:58:58 )
@Aisukohi: Dishes are constant. Laundry isn't quite as regular a chore and I don't mind folding it while watching something on TV. The bathrooms get really gross, really quickly. You vacuumed the A/C unit? Actually, I'm not sure why that struck me as weird initially - now that I think about it, we need to vacuum around our intake as well. It has been far too long.

But not today for me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 18:14:33 )
I should really do laundry when my little man is sleeping or otherwise content, but typically when that happens, I just want "me" time. xD But he's a handful when he's awake, otherwise I'd try to get stuff done then.

But yeah, it's funny what you don't think you need to clean until you do. Window sills are another thing I didn't think about until I did it with our last place. Yuck!! Of course, I don't think their windows were sealed properly, so a lot of junk got in there.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 18:18:34 )
@Aisukohi: Yes, gotta love the little details like that, right? And yes, it was more difficult to keep up with laundry when my kids were little. It seemed like they made more dirty clothes and there was always something to wash! And then they wanted to "help" with the folding. They started doing their own laundry when they were old enough to reach the washing machine (about 10yrs)!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.