Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Camp Breaker 2020 Team Sound Cabin

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:43:22 )
─ ──┤ ├────────── ─

in denmark we don't have girl and boy scouts, just scouts lol
well it started out with the wife of the danish founder of (boy) scouts making girl scouts, and then them later merging, but that's a long damn time ago

─ ──────────┤ ├── ─
● sry, i'm not that interesting ●
also please ping me

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:43:46 )

there's some fandom drama on twitter earlier cause someone posted a QRT with your hot takes and people started shitting on characters

im laughing

my fav got shat on too 🤙

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:45:58 )

What was funny, is when the assistant leader of our troop, learned that the head leader wanted to transfer me out, it was later that the assistant and two other moms got pissed at her and pulled their girls out. The troop had to disband because there weren't enough girls. That leader cut her nose off despite her face.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:51:31 )
    I wish that boy scouts would've been scouts already when I was young enough to join so I could've done more than arts and crafts and the one cabin trip we took

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:53:17 )

We did a day camp one year too. It was a week long day camp with an overnight stay at the end of the week. It was fun. We made little memory books of the stuff we did along with a group photo.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:53:47 )
    Crystalkitsune85:
    That leader cut her nose off despite her face.

Is this a saying? I've never heard it before

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:56:36 )

I haven't heard that saying before either, but it is a saying apparently:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_off_the_nose_to_spite_the_face

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:56:51 )
    I don't remember too much from our trip other than it was winter, we had some french chick there to be a counselor or something, we stayed two nights, and the leaders had no ideas of what to do there outside what we were eating and we would go sledding eventually.

All the scouts had to make their own fun, I kinda hated it

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:57:04 )

I love learning new sayings

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:57:20 )

@grost: Yeah it's a saying. Basically she means she did her darndest to get me OUT of the troop, that she ended up getting the whole troop disbanded. She only wanted ME out because her daughter wasn't the top cookie seller anymore, and she couldn't stand that. But then she didn't have a troop her daughter could be top in anymore. She'd of have to join a whole different troop and not be the leader anymore.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 00:58:14 )
    There's a swedish saying I heard that I thought was hilarious, it was something like "I can smell the toads in the pond", basically "something's fishy here" or "I can tell I'm being deceived"

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 01:00:55 )
    I was so little when I was in girl scouts though so most of what I did I don't remember, I think one of the babysitters from a daycare I went to was a leader when we met on the one day of the week which was really cool cause she was my favourite sitter

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 01:04:27 )

I remember getting sick the day I was supposed to join the girl scouts... even got the uniform and everything.
I never thrown a tantrum so much on that day.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 01:04:27 )

I know a few Korean sayings. One is 누워서 떡 먹기. It means, "lying down and eating rice cake." It's used when talking about something being really easy.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 01:07:30 )
    I got really angry when I couldn't wear a sash instead of a vest since I thought vests looked cooler

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 01:10:39 )

When I was a Brownie, got a sash, but I was only there one year. Next year we got a vest, for our badges. My mom still has my old uniform somewhere in a drawer.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 01:11:34 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Chrysaora Witch x1 | Heartbreak Coffin x1

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Hello everyone 'waves at' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 01:12:18 )

Hello star!

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 01:12:50 )

well I barely remember my experience I was quite young...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 01:14:32 )

Wb star

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.