Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 06:03:09 )

@xvz: Yeah, you know the pain XD He is working from home until 2021, but people aren't supposed to be moving, and as of right now people will be going back into the same offices in 2021. I think that will change because Twitter, FB and another company announced work from anywhere, and I know that Google has like 20+ offices just in the US alone so you can work in a bunch of different cities. The fruit company my husband works for is more secret but that could change and maybe in the future more people could work remote.

So, the first time I was ever in DC was in 2017 for Otakon. I had been to every Otakon since 2010, but they were in Baltimore before. I didn't have any expectations for DC but I fell in love. I really like the metro. It's clean, safe and easy to use. The museums are free and so is the zoo. The layout is cool and walkable. Lots of good parks and tons of good food. I was so surprised at how good the restaurants were. I haven't had a bad meal in DC. Although the NYC food is great too. It's just that you never really hear people talk about how good the food is in DC but you hear about NYC's food all the time.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 18:17:50 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@totalanimefan: lol the fruit company
yeah true i do think the fruit company is very secretive so it's probably harder there than for other companies
i work out of nyc and some of my ny coworkers were talking about moving to like. michigan / connecticut etc. !!
since we will be remote for a while (which honestly i am grateful for, since i know some people are still having to go to work in the city)

oo you make dc sound pretty nice lol. i don't think i've ever really spent that much time there!
i think i remember the air and space museum though, i would love to go back someday
i guess i always sort of wrote off dc since i would imagine like. going to a bar and you're surrounded by politicians lol. it's interesting to hear that dc's underrated, although i do hear a lot happens in the dmv area
having a good metro system is a big plus though - do you usually drive?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 20:58:30 )

@xvz: yeah it’s that company.
Honestly before I went I thought the same. I was like why do I have to learn how to get around in a new city for Otakon
But from the first moment I was on the metro I was impressed and it only got better from there. Every meal I had was so good and I just loved the architecture of the buildings. I could totally see myself living there.
Yeah I drive in San Jose. I work as a temp so my workplace changes a lot plus like I said before, not good public transportation. ^^;

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 18:17:47 )

@totalanimefan: aww your new avi is so cute ^^
i think i'm starting to get a sense of your avi style

oo i see that does sound nice, i'll have to visit sometime then (when cities are open again) :p
how's your week been?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 03:06:22 )

@xvz: thank you. What is my style? ^^ I want to know what you think.

I can’t wait until it’s safe to travel again. My week was good. Hard to believe that Memorial Day was only a week ago. I’m looking forward to June even though I have no plans except for the lockdown lol
What about your week?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 03:40:07 )

@totalanimefan: haha so i only have a sample size of 2
but both of your fits are color-coordinated nicely, 2-3 colors, cute, uncluttered
i think you have the same face and legs?? what's your leg item btw :3

i feel you, i wish we could travel soon too
yeah my sense of time is very warped, also the world has been very surreal this year so far
(we're not even halfway through 2020?? lol)
i'm glad you're looking forward to june though!! is summer your favorite season?

my week has been ok, pretty mopey lately about everything going on
separately i've been debating if i should get a bike to get around? biking in the city makes me nervous haha but it'll mean seeing friends i can't take transit to for a while

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 03:42:16 )
sent ya a gift. :>

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 03:47:38 )

@junko7:
omfg tysm <333333333
i appreciate it so much - can i offer you art or anything like that?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 03:48:36 )
@xvz: you do have some really cute art. <3 but you don't have to. :D I had a spare one.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 03:52:49 )

@junko7: omg lol i've wanted veles so bad <333 tysm
i'm ran to try it on like ASAP lol i'm so appreciative

and ty!! next time i'm sketching i'll use your avi as ref :3 <3!!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 03:55:06 )
@xvz: yee its one of the items i wanted allot on my list. XD
someone gifted me one while someone offered me a second in exchange for art. So i decided to give my second one to ya. :>
<3

aw thanks. ^w^
I like this avatar allot. Been having a hard time changing it to something else.
Lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 04:07:18 )

@junko7: aww tysm <333333

haha i feel you
it can be really hard to change an avi you like!

i started saving them / putting it in a closet thread so i can tell myself i can always go back if i want
it makes it a little bit easier changing when i really like an avi / spent time on it but it just feels stale or like i want a fresh one to fit my current mood

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 04:09:34 )
@xvz: yeah i have a few avatars i'v made i liked but i dunno i just really like this one allot. :)
the colors an stuff just up my theme of things i like. XD
lol

I do like your avatar tho its super cute.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 04:14:54 )

@junko7: it does look really good ^^
the color scheme + themes work well together
i love dark+woodsy vibes

ty ^^ i've been trying to simplify more, i'm used to using a lot of clutter but i'm trying out a cleaner style
i might change it soon though, i'm super excited about using veles lol :3
i'm playing around w it now

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 04:18:20 )
@xvz: same i love creepy/naturey things
Monsters are so on are my fav things to make an just things that are odd. :)
my favorite subject to design.

ooo can't wait to see what you make with veles. :D
I know it was an item i had fun playing around with

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 04:37:11 )

@junko7: yeess i feel you!
i was so excited to see how common horns/antlers/tails were on here
like the daily chance items + commons have so many, they're not just special or hard to get items
and like, the year of the goat body, and the various snake/bird leg items
it's been so fun playing around with all of them

hehe i think i'm on a simple / declutter kick currently
it's usually so fun to pile on everything that fits the color scheme
but lately i've been thinking a bit more in terms of like, avis as character design?
like expression of mood/personality whereas past me focused more on combining colors

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 04:40:08 )
@xvz: oh yeah they have TONS of lovely items an i want every single one of them.
Lol i only have a handful of things atm. but hopfullu gonna get more.

Been playing allot of flight rising tho i have a hard time focusing on 2 sites at once /D

I always think in a character creating sense when i make avatars.
Like could this be a character what is their personality an all that fun stuff. :3

anyway i am off to play some minecraft dungeons.
We can continue later. :>

done by xvz

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 04:56:45 )

@junko7: haha yes! i have so few commons, i just buy them as i need them for avis until i run out of volts lol

oohh i haven't been on flight rising myself but i took a look around once and noticed that it's really active!
there aren't avis on it right?

ya it's so much fun to think of as a character! definitely gives me inspo for like rp characters, and like characters to draw

have fun ^^ drop by anytime ~

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 05:45:15 )

@xvz: haha I do like to use 2-3 colors and be uncluttered. Not always cute but cute is good lol. I know that you figured it out so easily. Makes me happy. The leg mod is a new one. The legs from gunslinger.

Seriously. Jan 2020 feels like it was 5 years old. Not 5 months ago. Yes summer is my favorite time of the year ❤️ I feel like this summer we will only get to experience the negatives of climate change and nothing positive about summer. :(

Biking is an awesome way to get around but I hear you about being nervous. I’m thinking about getting a bike in July for my bday but I’m nervous about riding one.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 06:11:30 )

@totalanimefan: hehe ^^ i think your style has been influencing me lately
it's a different way of thinking about putting together an avi ("can i get away w adding this" -> "i'll only add it if it is worth the clutter")

wowow yes. i just thought about how i spent new year's this january. truly it feels like a memory from 5 years ago lol.
and aww yeah i feel you :-( <3
it's starting to get hot/humid here too i broke out the fan the other day haha
i guess one good thing is having lots of sunlight hours?

ooo! are there good bike lanes where you are? i feel like traffic would be more spread out
i used to bike in philly and was fine going short distances
but would still get nervous going too far outside my neighborhood lol
i think here i probably won't go too far either, just visiting friends w/in a short mile radius on the rare occasion

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.