Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Nanowrimo

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 05:08:39 )
In case you didn't know: National novel writing month, or Nanowrimo, is held each year from November 1st to the 30th. The gist of it is you crazily decide to write a 50k novel in only one months time! That's 1667 words a day!

I'm just curious do we have any past or present Nanowrimo participants here?
Did you also participate in the camps?
Do we have any winners?
*If so please share your secrets with those of us who fail year after year. T^T

Nanowrimo is literally, one of my favorite times of the year despite the fact that I've never gotten anywhere with any of my novel ideas.

"Maybe this year will be different!" She cried hopelessly. D:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 05:15:17 )
I did it once when I was in college and was actually successful. The garbage I wrote is still on an old laptop and it's soo badd hahaha
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 05:28:08 )
I participated a few years back.
Didn't win or anything. I only wrote 14k words.
I also paricipated in the camp NanoWrimo.
Though I don't participate a whole lot. Mostly because I actually forget. :vanora_sweat:
But I think this November I will participate. Or at least try to.
I have quite a few fanfics I need to write.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 21:49:25 )
I wanted to do this last year but totally forgot; I might give it a go this year for fun as long as I don't forget again :vanora_sweat:

Donator — Minya Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 03:33:11 )
Last year i successfullt wrote over 60000 words for my rough draft of a book. Got to 8 chapters. I still need to finish that.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 10:42:47 )
I have tried NaNo like... 3? 4? years now. Every year I fail, lol. It's really not easy to do. Surprisingly so!
Especially when you get distracted by art so often > >
I AM planning on trying agani this year though~<3

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 18:01:29 )
I participated a few years ago, but the story was lost when my old laptop's motherboard crashed. Ever since then, I wanted to participate again, but every time something came up. Hopefully, I can join this year.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 18:06:51 )
@Valyndria: This is the first time I heard about Nanowrimo. Thanks for the info. I might give it a try this year.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 02:49:31 )
Actually, thinking about it, I might rewrite something I've been meaning to write for awhile now, as my NaNo project~<3

I love the story, but it really needs to be rewritten... to... y'know... actually be something worth reading, lol.

@Temujin: You totally should! NaNo is awesome. It's not that easy, since it's VERY easy to be distracted, but it's still awesome to hit the various goals~<3

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 20:42:33 )
If we go by today, I wrote 1,500 words as part of a story for a contest here in a few hours, I can make the 1,600 words per day deadline easily.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 05:07:31 )
@Tuijp: 167 a day seems so easy, yeah. I can agree with that.
It's a matter of sitting down and actually writing every day. Lol.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 13:46:27 )
@Lunakiri: if everyone and everything around will let me do that...

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 20:07:48 )
I've tried it several times and have never completed the 50k words. The closest I've gotten was somewhere in the 20,000s and even then, a lot of it was stuff that should have been chopped / notes / etc. c':

I'm excited to try again this year as I've spent the last couple years "on break", so to speak. Should be fun and interesting to see what comes this time around.
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 11:07:07 )

[x]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 08:33:56 )
Hey nanowrimos! I've been participating for a couple years now. This will be my third if I remember correctly. My first year i struggled really bad. . . Actually this might be my fourth. It's a little fuzzy cause I've been doing camps as well. My first year I got about 30k words by Midway mark and things were looking really good. And than I got really really sick and couldn't continue. So sick that it didn't go away until the end of February or longer. It was really tough. I was about to give up during that one when tamora pierce sent out one of the letters which had the perfect encouragement I needed right at that moment.
The second year I was writing a different story that after I won I just lost interest in the story even though I still had time in the month to spare.
The third year I wanted to go back to my original story but I hadn't looked at it in awhile and needed to brush up on it so I could keep my facts straight but the deadline to have plans ready was coming up fast. So I started planning out a new story and happened to go to a signing of tamora pierce. My dad drove me as a birthday present making my day. He told me I had to not chicken out this time and go up and talk to her. I braced myself and confronted my idol. She is he most down to earth amazing person. I chatted with her and rhanked her for encouraging me in that first nanowrimo. Her words in it have stuck with me all these years.
Than holy cow!!! After the signing I was getting a drink at the cafe with my dad. Was writing in my notebook my story plans. She came over, looked over my shoulder and complimented me that I was doing a fantastic job and to keep going. I won that year too. Ive been cleaning up that story and plan to use it again for this November! I want to run three nanowrimos with it to get my word goal of 146k to complete the size novel I want.

My biggest suggestion in how to win is nanowordsprints on Twitter. They've got fun challenges and a great community that can really help you when you're struggling.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/16 13:33:03 )

[x]

pls don't

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/18 00:33:28 )
It's in.. uhh April and July? I .. think.. ^^;; i forget now. But you can set your word goal, it doesn't have to be 50,000. You also can count in pages, or minutes instead of words. For example I chose (well wanted to ) do 100 pages of which I would edit my story during.

Voltie — they/them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 14:21:48 )
I've attempted NaNoWriMo and its camps almost every year since the beginning of high school. I never got beyond day four of writing though, and certainly never met my word goals. For me, it's just a fun excuse to be writing and plotting stories and making characters. But I rarely commit to it.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/24 05:16:49 )

i try to commit to it, at least for november. but i am always so busy that sometimes i don't manage as much. i'm determined to finish a book AND get it polished up to publish. So nanowrimo helps me out with that.
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/24 05:20:22 )
I tried to do it a couple of years ago, but I didn't get to 50k words. I think I might give it another try this year though~
★~~Questing~~★

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.