Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I got ants in my house

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:09:15 )

In March there was a period where it rained for about 2 weeks straight, and now it's been raining the last two days. Do you know what happens when it rains a lot more than normal? You can get bugs that come into your house so they don't get water logged.

So yeah my husband and I found lots of ants and we spent about an hour cleaning everything up and spraying shit down and moving stuff and cleaning it and just ugh. Just what I needed universe thanks.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:25:52 )

Same. As soon as good weather hits, ants find a way in. I have what's left of the tea I made yesterday as a container trap for them. Several dead ones floating in there already.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:42:10 )

@dragoness129 good idea. I used a vinegar mix to kill them and make them lose their trail. I sprayed at their entrance points.
@koneko: I live on the 2nd floor too! Ugh 😩

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:49:46 )
Lol geez
look at all of us with ant problems xD

Had some ants in my kitchen last night. Sprayed down everything and did a lot of cleaning
hopefully they stay awayyyy

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 21:32:31 )

@Vlad: that’s what I did too and they need to get out of here! I hope yours leave soon.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 21:48:07 )

I got ants too D: I just sweep them outside XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 22:10:13 )
I'm surprised I haven't seen any ants in my house yet. Especially since there's a few peonies planted along the side of the house and ants love those things.

I don't have problems with ants, but I do have a wasp problem. I just don't know where they keep getting in from. I'd rather ants than wasps.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 22:16:05 )
TSUN ★ TSUN ★ TSUN (≖︿≖✿)

@Totalanimefan: I thought I had ants in my screened patio, but it turns out they’re termites. I sprayed that swarm with Lysol, but I’m scared that they’re hiding in my walls now. ToT

(✿ ♡‿♡) DERE ★ DERE ★ DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 22:45:05 )

@inatlaka: that doesn’t really work when they are in your recycling bin.
@Kay: oh gosh that sounds awful.
@Tsundererra: oh shit that’s worse. These are definitely small ants

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 22:46:51 )

@totalanimefan: oh nooooo :O

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 23:43:02 )

@inatlaka: yeah. It really sucks.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 00:13:27 )

I have ants chilling about in my bathtub right now... Two of our bathroom wall tiles came off loose and one shattered straight down the bathtub and I've been covering it up with cling wrap and ductape ever since.

So now since it's getting warmer there will be ants coming out that hole and I can't have it fixed atm ╮(─▽─)╭

Art Dump ☆ Avatar Gallery ☆ Quest Items

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 01:31:19 )
My house gets ants yearly. Usually they infest my bathroom, but this year they found my kitchen.... and it wasn't just like... a few ants. Nope. It was what seemed like several anthills worth. I'm pretty sure I have a lot of colonies living under my house. Every time we cleaned them up, either with vinegar or industrial strength cleaner, they'd be back maybe a minute later. We had to call in an exterminator. I love bugs and try not to kill them, but infestation is war.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 02:55:59 )
Yeah, ants here also.

The little tiny sugar ants. but still, yechhhhh.
I love ants just about much as other guys like spiders.

aka NOT AT ALL ughhh

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 05:28:34 )
TSUN ★ TSUN ★ TSUN (≖︿≖✿)

@Totalanimefan: Ants still suck to have around, but I’d rather have them right now. T__T Ugh, I pay for termite prevention too.

(✿ ♡‿♡) DERE ★ DERE ★ DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 05:34:20 )
I used to get ants in my old home. I just recently moved to the bordering state, on the 4th floor of an apartment building and I am curious to see how it is this summer. No ants so far. A spider though...in our bed.

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 07:40:50 )
i remember that happening when i lived on the east coast
i used to find the hole the ants were entering into our home and seal that hole up with caulk (and sprayed the hole a bunch). stopped em dead in their tracks

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.