Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How do you guys get ready for a date?

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 06:03:03 )
My boyfriend and I are going on our first official date on saturday, and i have no idea if i should do my make up or nah
We are going out to eat immediately after I leave work.

But the day is a very special day for him (not just because of the date. there is a reason he wanted to do it on saturday)
but, even though weve been together for just over a month, we havent really had a proper date yet

this will be my first date in over 2 years
please help

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 06:23:04 )
I think it'll be a special date no matter what you do
make up could be fun

I...never learned how to do make up haha so I'm pretty much just the same on a date :D

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 06:28:38 )
don't look at me; i haven't been on a date in years.

because reasons. :viosweat:

i'll be leaving now :viosweat:
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 06:32:14 )
i usually have a "date outfit" which is a really cute outfit that looks good on me. i reserve it for special occasions like dates
it's casual. it's denim jeans with a forest green coat and my doc marten's. nothing overly fancy

i just try to do what makes me feel good
but y'know, sometimes things come up. and they will. so don't stress.

god, i just went on a first date like 4 weeks ago and my day started off SO AWFUL before the date. i fell off my skateboard into some berries and got juice all over my outfit. and then i missed my stop off the train and had a panic attack..
but i still did the date anyway ^^
don't let the little things get you down or eat away at you. just try to have a good time and "go with the flow" as they say

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 06:45:02 )

I would probably do my hair and makeup.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 02:53:28 )

it really depends on what kind of date.

if it's a special date like what you're describing, i'd pick out something cute but appropriate, make sure my makeup is soft but well done, and my hair is neat.
also important - get yourself in the right headspace! if it's right after work, make sure you don't bring any work stress with you.

hello again

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 16:05:42 )

Only dress up if you want to (or if there's a dress code I guess). I know for me, sometimes it's fun to get all made up so I'll use any excuse. Other days I'm tired and everyone can get wrecked.

Be confident in the fact that you're cute as you are. (uᴗu✿)

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 16:24:30 )
So first, I put off getting ready until the last minute.
THEN, I panic the whole time as I pick an outfit, change my mind, decide to get a shower because my hair looks kind of greasy on top, then freak out because WHY did that take an hour, then do my makeup, have a frustration cry because my OUTFIT FITS WEIRD, redo my makeup because I cried, pick the same outfit I always wear because it looks the best, don't have time to dry my hair because I waited too long, leave the house with puffy eyes and wet hair and still kill it.

So, don't do what I do. Plan ahead, get ready in advance, take your time, and don't try to do too much so you don't stress yourself out. Less is more. It's better to look kind of natural than to try too hard to dress up. If you don't look like yourself, or look kind of like a clown, you won't feel comfortable, and your date will be awkward.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 19:14:08 )

Step 1: not be dirty
Step 2: put on clothes
Step 3: leave the house

usually in that order

source: I don't date but if the person you're with is a good match for you, just being yourself and having fun together is the whole point.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 23:02:45 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Just do whatever makes you comfortable and goes with how you truly are. When I went on my first first first date ever, I didn’t do my hair/make up and wore a hoodie with jeans. I was a high schooler back then with no interest in make up and went dressed in how I usually did.
Now I do EVERYTHING, but only because I like that it makes me look good and I want my date to see that I put in effort for him (though not sure how much dates really care about stuff like that haha).

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 02:51:55 )
ooof i spent the night with him last night and didnt have my laptop, so im just now seeing all of this.
We are going an hour after I am off work so I will have time to change thankfully. I'm not sure if i do make up, it will last the 9 hours at work and since make up takes me a long time to do, i wont have time to do it after work.

I just want the day to be special because our date is on the 100th day of his self harm recovery.
Non binary | Pansexual | Taken
02/06/20

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 01:33:55 )
i just get dressed up
make up on point, hair on point, pull out my sexy clothes

enjoy yourself ;)

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 01:38:56 )

I usually just put on my favorite clothing for the time being and make sure my hair isn't a mess.
Now that we've been together a while, and live together, it actually becomes more fun since we're getting ready at the same time together.
Like "Ohh I'm gonna wear this new shirt cause its cute!" and he'd be like "I LIKE THAT, I'm gonna wear my orange plaid cause its your favorite color"

Ohoh, and we both bought cool jackets together from our first travel trip, so we also wear those every time we go on proper dates. Even if its too hot lol
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 10:13:27 )
Shower, make sure hair is brushed/managed (my hair be wildin'), perfume or something, lipstick.
Fancier makeup for later dates, but in general I really just like lipstick.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.