Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Artists: How do you Feel When ---

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 03:51:51 )

When you've been commissioned by someone, and they message you to ask how it's going? Not right away, but like, within a week/a few weeks? Is it wrong to do that? I personally like to ask now and then, to be updated, and to see if they're having problems, maybe they want to drop the commission, etc.

I'm just wondering if anyone thinks that's rude or anything? ;-;

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 04:04:11 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Gay Space Trash: I don’t think it’s rude depending on how they’re asking and if they’re paying. I always charge 50% payment upfront, so they have a right to know where I’m at in the process.
Buuuut, if they message me constantly every day and seem to be a pain or rude in general, I will give back their money and refuse to do anything for them again. (They have to be really entitled and dickish for me to do this, and I’ve only done this once a couple years ago x__x)

So all in all, you should be fine to ask. ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 06:11:20 )
If I feel pressured it makes me anxious and doesn't allow me to enjoy the process of doing my art... Therefore I never feel like the finished piece is as good as it could have been. Am I alone in that?

I don't think it's rude to ask once or twice, but I would consider it rude if they were asking daily and it was more like "Is it done yet" / "when will it be done" ect when you've already given a time-frame.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 17:33:35 )

Its totally reasonable to ask after a week or two, nicely of course haha not being demanding like YO WHERES MY ART lol
I agree with the others that asking every day is what I would consider rude lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 18:20:22 )

I wouldn't mind tbh but just as someone said here, if they do it very often maybe It will bother me. But if they said first hand they wanted updates like pics and stuff of my progress that would be better~

Just a clear communication between the artist and customer I guess?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 21:30:48 )

tbh when i take commissions it usually hovers over my head and guilts me to get it done asap which is why i'm taking a break from doing them, but i don't mind people poking me for updates, i like to be clear and upfront with customers.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.