Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 18:21:21 )

I found a vegan carrot cake at Aldi; I was thrilled. Better yet, it's pretty darn good and the frosting tastes like cream cheese frosting, which has always been my favorite kind. Hard to find in vegan form. This is one reason I still occasionally go to Aldi. They have these nice little special items that pop in and out.

But anyway now I'm reminded of how long it's been since I actually had cake of any kind. Much as I like baking and decorating, I'm not a huge cake person... but when I do get cake, I don't like it too terribly sweet. Pumpkin with cream cheese frosting is my favorite, but carrot is a close second because they're very similar.

What's y'all's favorite cake?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 18:27:50 )

My favourite cake is millionaire's cheesecake :) I'm not a big cake person but I have it occasionally.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 18:34:00 )

I think my love for cakes has grown less these past months, I find them too sweet nowadays! I'm not sure if I'm getting older so my taste buds are changing but then again the cakes I usually have are like from Metro or something xD But I never had a freshly baked cake ever in my life and I heard they're good.

But my love for black forest cake hasn't change, it has become a family tradition to always have it on my birthday and I never really get sick eating them. Or like any kind of ice cream cake will do too.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 18:39:40 )

@sunny: What's that? Sounds fancy.

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Ice cream cake is like a guilty pleasure for me. It's so bad for me but I can't resist it ;v; Black forest cake is a win, too. But more often than not, fresh baked cake is the way to go. I find frozen cakes, if you can find some with good ingredients, are probably second-best. Nothing beats fresh though! I would p much just stay away from the grocery store kind, though. The ones you always see at kids' birthday parties and such? Absolute garbage tier. Not even worth eating.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 18:53:10 )

@Count Trashula: it's tasty is what it is :D it's a biscuit base, then caramel, then cream cheese with a sprinkling of chocolate.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 19:21:47 )

OH MY GOD. THATS SOUNDS GOOD. I LOVE CARRROT CAKE!!!

bloop

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 20:54:41 )

Yum. I want cake now. Carrot cake is delicious.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 20:57:21 )

Gosh that sounds good. I wish we had Aldi here in CA

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 22:28:03 )

@Count Trashula: Yep well back then I can eat any cake and I would love it I guess my sweet tooth is slowly disappearing. One day I'll go to an actual bakery to buy me some slice of cake. I used to often go on one at my old neighborhood and it always smells heavenly when I go inside. There no nearby bakeries where I'm at now TAT

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 22:29:52 )

I saw that no one is getting fresh cake from Whole Foods so they are half off XD

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 02:03:17 )

@sunny: that sounds good af

@PurpdaBurpPurp: my sweet tooth has definitely died down over the years, too. stuff I liked when I was younger is way too sweet now. ...but a little cake every now and then is nice. Maybe you can make your own if there's none around. It's not too difficult, just kinda time consuming.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 02:10:11 )
ive been thinking about cake a lot. i like the semi sweet castellas thats all that ive been baking these days

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 02:16:33 )

Jk buy the time my order was picked up there were no cakes or fresh bread left. No hot cross buns T-T

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 03:23:38 )

@Count Trashula: Well I have baked a cake before but is not really baking since I bought one of those box of cake mix.
I'm not sure about baking a cake but maybe baking some homemade brownies will do. I kind of gave myself cravings for it when I sketch some brownies on my sketchbook the other day...

Art Dump ☆ Avatar Gallery ☆ Quest Items

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 04:16:50 )
@Count Trashula: I frickin love Aldi. I find the most amazing stuff there.
Which sucks because then it's just GONE. Never again. RIP ;_;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 05:34:52 )
This reminds of one of Dwayne Perkin's jokes about people eating cake to celebrate in the place of drinking.

I like a good moist mousse cake or tiramisu.
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.