Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk This election coming up got me concerned

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 17:48:11 )

Watch out, personal opinion ahead:
Y'all I really thought Bernie was gonna do it this time but now I'm getting nervous. Biden has all the backers and he's taking the lead. I worry this is gonna be a repeat of 2016, you know? Where he got so much support, but in the end it all went to the less progressive candidate, and we know what happened from there.

Thoughts? Predictions? Experiences from 2016? Feel free to disagree about your candidate(s) of choice, just don't start no shit, please.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 17:52:41 )

I don't want to get too far into it because it's COMPLICATED and NUANCED, but I will say that I am BIG WORRIED about the way things have been going in recent years.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 17:57:31 )

@Priestess of Pie: I feel that. Last time around, I naively thought "How much worse can things get?" hahahahaha :'^D

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 18:02:39 )

my canadian ass watching from the side supporting andrew yang but then he dropped

now between all the current choices i feel like biden will win the primary and then lose to trump :')

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 18:18:34 )

I honestly feel like (this is a conspiracy) Biden’s only role has been to remove every viable option we have. I honestly can’t find anything I would like from him as president and if he was the nominee it would just cement Trump for a second term.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 18:24:31 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

It sucks because America really needs Bernie, and the young people are energized and talk the talk, but then they don’t vote in the primaries because of BS reasons. I woke up ass early to vote in my state, and it still lost to Biden. ): I’ll still vote for Biden if he wins the nomination, but idk if everyone else will do the same... I really hope that this doesn’t end up like 2016...

I agree with Bonnie that it does feel like a conspiracy. I swear all the politicians except for Bernie belong to special interests group who want to keep the rich richer and everyone else struggling.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 18:30:37 )

@pachi: RIP NEETbux the world wasn't ready for you yet
@Bonnie:
and that's p much what I'm predicting now and I dread it

My friend was talking about how if Warren gave Bernie her support after dropping out, it'd give him a boost, but...

I'mma tell y'all a secret (not really a secret). Last time around, I voted for Trump because I 1, didn't like or trust Hillary (still don't); 2, thought he would focus on the struggling economy while essentially leaving social issues alone (he sure af didn't do that); 3, saw that he had a less conservative overall record than the other Republican candidates (he swung around hard on that one and went full on the opposite direction). I fell for the "we need new ideas from an outsider" bit. I wasn't informed enough and learned my lesson the hard way. But I know from experience how it goes when the two choices end up looking like... this.

I don't care for Biden, though I'd vote for him anyway this time around if it comes down to it. I just much rather get the chance to vote for Bernie, 'cause I have a feeling he won't be running again after this.

@Pee: I missed my chance to vote in the primary because of work. Don't know if I have other options at this point; it was a week ago. But I hope you're right.

@Tsundererra: That is p much exactly how I feel, though I can understand not being able to vote to an extent, since I didn't make it to the primary either time around, myself. Younger people in particular have so much going on and aren't as likely to be invested. But I'm glad the importance of voting is getting repeated to a wider audience lately, regardless.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 18:53:10 )

@Count Trashula: UBI wasn't even my favourite policy of his tbh lol
    policies like ranked-choice voting and data as a property right + AI issues are so important but it's not being addressed enough :')

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 19:12:07 )
I'm incredibly disappointed...

everyone is a fucking awful human.

can't believe i thought warren was even close to equal with bernie. LMAO. what a shitshow.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 19:14:05 )

@Count Trashula: Honestly, I just never had trust in Trump as an intelligent enough human being to enact the change he proposed. As an individual, nothing he said or did could convince me to place my trust in him as a candidate and I tried my very best to not let personal biases affect that decision. I watched his campaign sort of closely and monitored how he addressed America and didn’t let his other shenanigans influence the way I felt.

When he was elected, I was not even disappointed or scared because I was honestly going to give him a fair shot to see what he could do. He’s signed a few things and some good things have happened while he has been president BUT he never delivered enough for me to see that he was this “amazing” president.

I couldn’t vote in the 2016 election because at the time I was an on-campus student and I did not know enough about absentee voting at the time to request a ballot to vote. Easily my biggest regret. Since then I have tried not to let elections slip my mind to make sure I vote.

If given the choice out of Biden and Trump I’m not sure which one would be worst option. I just do not trust that Biden will do anything and to me voting just to kick someone out of the White House is just not how my vote should be used. So we will see. I pray to God Bernie gets the nomination.

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 20:26:52 )

I pretty much feel the same as everyone in this thread. I voted for Bernie last week during Super Tuesday. I hate that the media and moderates are clinging to Joe. (And this is coming from someone that was a moderate and grew up in FL).

Normally I don't stay much about personalities and try to stick with just what they think politically bit Joe Biden is too old, too not with it anymore and I don't think that he can beat Trump. Of course I'm going to vote for him in November, I hate Trump more than I think I've ever hated another person in my life, but I'm not sure Biden can win.

Side note, please still go out and vote in Nov. Senate and House races are incredibly important. Think about it. If the House and the Senate were blue, Trump wouldn't be President right now. A lot of people only vote for the President but all of the elections are important. Even your local and state ones.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 20:31:33 )

+1 on voting down-ballot
    that's super important too
    for the love of god vote mitch's ass out asap

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 21:01:06 )

Thanks for the support. It really is important!

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 21:11:48 )

unfortunately gerrymandering is such a huge problem too :(
    sooo frustrating to watch from where i am aha

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:08:50 )
I'm terrified that the outcome is Biden over Bernie. It's my first election where I'm actually old enough to vote, and not being able to vote for Bernie is a bit of a scary thought. I want Bernie to win, man :viocry:

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:29:55 )

Yes it is Masa. Some states are passing anti-gerrymandering laws (Like VA).

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.