Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I caught the school microwave on fire

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:01:56 )

I caught
the
school
MICROWAVE
on
FIRE
:vanora_stunned:
Well mostly the item inside, the damage to the microwave itself is pretty mild or almost nonexistent thankfully.
But if you have seen any of my rants about my school--this just means that I am once again a target of harassment and mean gossip for the rest of the month or until people forget it happened. This school is ridiculous.

What happened was I went to reheat some olive garden bread sticks, in the same take-home bag they provided. I didn't realize the inside of the bag was foil cause it was paper on the outside, and I was chatting with a class mate and not paying attention. Honest mistake, still dumb, but c'mon I took care of it. The fire was gone before anyone else realized something happened, but they were still grabbing the extinguisher and full panicking o__o;

Why are people like this

Anyway, besides that, today was still bad overall. But its only 2pm so I'm throwing back a soda and chillaxin'... until I have to go back to school in 2 hours

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:03:38 )

Adding people now honestly think that I don't know foil catches fire in a microwave and are already shit talking behind my back x__x
The walls are so thin man
Why are people like this

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:04:21 )

Omg :O glad you got it under control quickly. I started a fire inside a microwave once, I was trying to cook a potato. The thing turned black :O

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:07:28 )

@sunny:
Hahah yeah the paper was what continuously burned for a minute. But I didn't open the door, so it died easily

ahem, but you could say my lunch was foiled

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:09:25 )

@Jolly: congratulations, that was the worst pun I've heard all day

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:09:44 )

Oh man, it's unfortunate it had to happen in front of so many people. Don't feel bad though, I once ignited a cup noodle in the microwave at work. XD

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:13:34 )

Oh god, I thought you had just burned some popcorn or something.
But your Olive Garden breadsticks?! Oh, the humanity

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:22:57 )

@sunny:
Thanks, there was a moment and I ceased it :vanora_xd:

@priestess of pie:
It actually only happened in front of one initially. Someone else overheard her when she was getting the maintenance guy to check if it's safe to open the microwave (I thought it was since fire was gone, but didn't wanna worry her so I waited). But yeah, gossip spreads faster than these breadsticks went up!
I've only had sparks happen once before but normally I pay enough attention to the materials I'm holding. Today's just one of those off days and my hands were only feeling paper haha

@booderdooder:
yes

these to-go bags are secretly foil
:vanora_xd:
It gets even better
when I was at the restaurant last night, it was really busy and they ran out. So I didn't get any for appetizer sicne they were baking more. Then the waitress forgot by the time they finished cause we already had our main course and, yeah, it was busy. So we were like, can we take them home for dessert instead?
We were too full to eat them right away, so they would be leftovers for later.

For fire

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:26:40 )

@Jolly: they look delicious. I love breadsticks!!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:28:16 )

I wish there was an Olive Garden anywhere near me @-@ I would kill for those breadsticks now.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:31:57 )

@sunny:
I mean, they are usually the reason I go to olive garden in the first place, I love them!
But its alright, a little waste of food but I'm glad that if I'm to make accidents happen today, that THAT is all it is :'D

@booderdooder:
Aww, if you ever feel crafty enough, look up breadstick recipes? If you can get a good garlic spread, you'd just "paint" it on the dough before baking it. I wonder how amazing that'd be in comparison :vanora_heart:

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:05:45 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

There is a YouTuber I follow whose username is Jelly and when I read title and un I went "Jelly..." in that "not this shit again" tone of voice
He does this kind of stuff on minecraft

Mom's burnt popcorn black
Dad burned rice black
I was maybe ten so I didn't know, but those foam ramen cups I didn't know how they worked and I burned that
Thankfully these were all in our really old microwave that had only about 7 watts :')

But those kids, don't they have anything better to do than talk about someone?

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:12:10 )
My ex girlfriend set off the fire alarms at her college dorm from a blow dryer

She was using a plastic brush while blow drying her hair and she caught the plastic on fire

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:14:55 )

@kitalpha hart:
Lmao I'm gonna have to look him up now. Sounds silly

And nah, they're adults, they're too immature for this xD

@kingslowpoke:
Oh geez, I mean... I'm not sure if I'm more amazed of such an unusual way to make a fire, or by the fact that she can brush her hair while using a blow dryer at the same time.
I can barely deal with a dryer :vanora_xd:

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:18:51 )
@Jolly: I dont even own a blow dryer so i was just like "wow that is a thing that can happen??"

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:25:24 )

@kingslowpoke:
Lmao right? I only own one to mostly dry my hair when its below freezing outside, so it doesn't freeze my noggin and ears to death.
But I'm too impatient to even dry all the way, let alone make fire xD

Like imagine what that kind of heat does to your hair if it can catch a brush!

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 00:10:16 )
@Jolly: Right? Like i dont wanna do that kinda damage to my hair, i already do enough damage with how often i use to dye it
Non binary | Pansexual | Taken
02/06/20

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 00:22:53 )
@jolly: Oh, I would have been SO sad to lose some breadsticks.
Now I have to resist the urge to go to Olive Garden.
"You have food in your fridge. You have food in your fridge."

I have accidentally burned an acre of land before...
I've also burned macaroni and cheese.

Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 00:30:38 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Jolly: still, don't they have anything better to do?

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 02:38:25 )

@kingslowpoke:
Saaaame! Dang bleach lol

@mousy:
Yeaaah its the struggle ;;
I had a gift card but still ended up paying 30 bucks on it, cause its just expensive af.
And I got a $7 moscato.. xD

Oh my, an acre of land? I hope there wasn't any harm involved!

@kitalpha hart:
I ask myself that every school day hahaha
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.