Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Anxiety Attack

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 14:02:50 )

Honestly I'm having a bit of an anxiety attack right now and need to talk to someone even though there is no guarantee someone will see this specific thread and respond. . .

Basically I was pregnant last year as many of you I talk to on a regularish basis know. Some of you know it was a really hard pregnancy and I struggled.
But again... Me being tough and having to put up with other people's shit all my life messed with me.
With my oldest daughter I taught her from birth everything I could. I didn't treat her like an idiot. I did all the right things to help Autistic children cope... Without realizing it.
But I knew something was off but the doctor that tested her told me I was an idiot and my daughter was just strong willed. 7 years later she is finally diagnosed with SCD, ADHD and dyslexia....I was right. But she was no longer getting the help she needed because she was written off as "just strong willed"
Now it happened again in my third pregnancy. I told the doctors over and over and over.
Something's wrong. Something's not right. I'm not myself. I feel like I'm going to die. Something's wrong. I'm gonna lose the baby.
They tested me over and over and assured me I was an idiot and that I was fine.

Nope.

I had preeclampsia but I was passing all the normal tests for it.
My baby and I both almost died.

Now months later I'm having a panic attack because what if there is other things wrong with me and I will never be diagnosed because doctors are to stupidly stuck on there ways that they can't see that everyone is different.

They told me the weight gain was me eating to much. I practically starved myself and still gained 50 pounds.
Fuck them.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 14:20:49 )

@Shadami: O dear I am so sorry to hear all of this. And those doctors can f themselfs. Sometimes people know enough themselfs that something is wrong.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 14:21:02 )
@Shadami: I don’t have much advice, but I wanted to let you know that someone did read your post and was thinking of you.

I do know that the phrase “mother knows best” exists for a reason.
Go with your gut.

*sends hugs*

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 16:31:30 )

It never ever hurts to get a 2nd opinion. Sometimes even a 3rd or 4th. Medicine is a very difficult practice and experience can mean a lot. And that doesn't mean the amount of experience either. That just means different doctors have experiences based on different events that they've encountered which guides them going forward. I had one doctor write off gall stones as acid reflux but a 2nd doctor knew immediately what was going on and sent me for the proper tests. That doesn't mean the 1st doctor was a bad doctor necessarily, it just means he wasn't familiar with the different signs to look out for in my particular case.

Anyway I hope you get someone that can help you and that things improve for you soon. Remember to breathe.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 16:42:48 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Shadami: Omg, you should try to see a different doctor until you find one that listens. If you’re not eating much and gaining weight, it’s def a sign that something is wrong. Go get tested if your insurance can afford it. It might be something serious like your thyroid acting up. I’m sorry that all these doctors haven’t been listening to you like they should be. ):

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 07:01:12 )

@vengeance: thanks <3 I just wish more people saw it that way

@Kozi: I appreciate that. I mostly just needed to vent because it randomly coming up in my thoughts was what was causing my panic attack. I really don't want to get ridiculed again and told off by doctors when I try so hard and nothing comes off it

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 07:03:21 )

@Priestess of Pie: I really wish my insurance covered the ability to do that.:/

Thank you though<3

@Tsundererra: I' am just an idiot kid everything though it am almost 30. Sigh frustration. But thsnk you

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 09:29:32 )

@Shadami: I’m sorry that happened to you. That’s awful. I would get different opinions from different doctors. Clearly this one is not taking you seriously.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 03:49:21 )

I'd have to travel a pretty large distance to go to someone else. Sadly.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 06:06:34 )

And now I have to deal with the Corona virus. That is causing an absolutely paralizing fear .
Maybe not the one you'd expect exactly.

Yes. Diseases terrify me. I'm obviously already having the problem with doctor stuff.
But no. That is not what's wrong.
I have been in a struggling financial situation for years and bad stuff keeps happening. And another bad thing happens. We lose our job again to freak circumstances and just when we start getting interviews. " NO travel. NO food in stores because people are psyco. Leave your house and you get attacked. "

And there is no end in site. A week. A month. A year. No one knows. They're all preparing for the worst. But well last maybe a month of we can't find an income.
And I have three kids to take care of.

This can't be fucking happening right now.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.