Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Art Dumpuuh~ <3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/22 19:46:15 )

@Purpsy: Oh wow her art is sooo pretty!
I totally get it. It's so easy to experience burn out.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/23 17:11:42 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: Right? :3
Yeah I'm currently in a mix of burn out and art block as well which sucks. 彡★

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/23 18:01:23 )

@Purpsy: Maybe taking a few days off would help you.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/23 18:20:17 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: I was thinking of drawing traditonal and have a break drawing from my computer. I took a two week break recently because I got sick so I don't feel like taking a break soon. 彡★

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/23 18:55:13 )

@Purpsy: Oh I see. That might work then. Maybe you could draw in a park or a library, something that different from where you normally draw.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/23 20:24:28 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: Ah I've tried that problem is I lose focus and too self-conscious when I draw outside >.<
I guess I'm not used to it. 彡★

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/23 21:33:10 )

@Purpsy: Instead of thinking that it's making you lose focus, you could think of it like letting yourself notice your environment more. I feel like that matters when doing art. ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/23 22:21:26 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: Hmm... never saw it that way. It'll be nice to draw some reference that's not photographic for once too since I do want to incorporate more background on my drawings. 彡★

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 03:18:05 )

@Purpsy: That could be cool. You would even draw like a pretty tree too to practice not drawing people if that is something you are working towards.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 19:09:25 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: Yep something like that, although I'm fairly confident drawing wildlife? I used to sketching animals and plants before just hopefully I haven't lost all that skill TwT 彡★

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 19:17:59 )

A quick drawing from this morning. Is a fanart of Ray Mond from gtav since I've been addicted watching gta roleplay from other streamers. But Ray Mond my main bish (๑˘︶˘๑)♥

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 20:06:19 )

@Purpsy: I love seeing art of nature. I just think it's so pretty.
Cute chibi ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 21:21:43 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: Ikr! I admire artists who can mimic nature on their artwork. That takes skill!
And thanks (^▽^) 彡★

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 22:32:25 )

@Purpsy: Yes it does and I feel like if it's done really well it's like it takes you away into this beautiful world filled with flowers, or nature or water. It's just amazing.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 22:46:21 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: Yep! I'm also a big sucker of nature paired with architectural buildings of sort. I often have them as wallpaper. The best ones are some background scenes from studio ghibli movies. 彡★

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 22:50:28 )

@Purpsy: OMG are you me? I also love architectural buildings!
Backgrounds from Ghibli movies are just amazing. I recently watched Whisper of the Heart and I loved the look of the town. If you haven't seen that one, I recommend it. :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 23:08:14 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: OMG YOU ARE ME!
Whisper of the Heart is one of my favourites! TAT
I have watched that movie so many times and it never gets old. Actually is been awhile I've watched it hmmm..

Fun fact: You know there's another ghibli movie that slightly connected to that movie. They pretty much created a whole new story based on that male cat figurine on Whisper of the Heart. Is called The Cat Returns if you haven't watch it, although I want a seperate movie of his female counterpart and how they were separated in the end. 彡★

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 23:29:41 )

@Purpsy: Twinning! lol
It's a really good movie. I don't know why so many sleep on that one. Maybe because it's not as magical as the others? But it still is.
Yeah I did see the cat figurine and I was like, That's the one from The Cat Returns lol.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/26 15:55:01 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: Yep is a good classic and I love it because is just so simple and relatable. I personally like how realistic the backgrounds are. As someone who live in an old shabby apartment and neighbourhood. Her apartment hits home for me which made me love the movie more (●♡∀♡)

Another similar movie is From Up on Poppy Hill which is another movie I re-watched too many times. But ghibli films are more well known to it's fantasy element. But I think they can also do well on the Slice of Life category. 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/27 20:04:39 )

@Purpsy: I love all of those things about that movie too.
I should watch From Up on Poppy Hill. I kinda think they do slice of life better in a way.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.