Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion what type are you?

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 03:19:48 )

i used to go hardcore for avatar sites - posting tons, selling art, collecting and hoarding items - but now i've just settled into the passive collect-as-i-go and work with what i have to make my avatars.

but i'm curious.

what type are you? hoard and collect? constantly vending? super casual? other?
    has your avatar site experience changed over the years?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 03:24:38 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I used to be casual the first couple of months I was here, but then became hardcore and started collecting/buying everything. xD The good thing is that it’s not hard on here because the economy isn’t crazy like Gaia’s was, and everything is attainable if you work hard enough.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 03:28:36 )

@Tsundererra: i've noticed that too, it's the upside of having such a small community haha

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 03:34:39 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: I agree. ^^ I also like that people dress their avis with anything that makes it look good, including commons. It felt like avi contests on Gaia (the only other avi site I’ve experienced) were based on how many expensive rares were on you. )x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 03:34:51 )

I personally don't have a ton of avi site experience so I can't comment on that part, but I just like to collect pieces I know I can use. I like to change my avi up a couple times a week so I like versatile pieces. If a set has 1 pose that I want, I'll try to get it, but I'll trade away anything I don't see myself using.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 03:41:35 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I was very much a guildie back on Gaia
I started off as a generic base with green clothes (green eyes, blonde hair)
Over the years I eventually shifted to the purple getup I generally use everywhere
Some sites the primary color is always purple, others not so much. I also go for more for Asian themed clothes of late as well, though I can and will mix it up if I like how an item or several items look

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 04:28:18 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

Honestly, I feel like this site is my real true avatar site experience. I was involved with forums and such in the past but they were purely for roleplaying and based off of already existing concepts (OHSHC or Shugo Chara).
Also as for being here, I feel like my gratitude/desire to get everything I need in my collection/my cursed gacha past are merging together... Like I want to sell the things I have so other people can use them and get what they really want! But also I really want the sets I think are so stunning.... ALSO I am not afraid to use my real world money to get ohms--
It is A LOT... but overall, I think I like vending, being able to give things they want (and even selling things for a low price or simply giving it for free)....

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 04:31:54 )

@Tsundererra: i rely so hard on commons for my avatars, they go a long way in balancing out avatars |D

@Priestess of Pie: if i get something that i know i won't use, i'll still keep it just in case-- keep the options open 'cause you never know haha

@koneko: yeppp moderation is key, i'm already overwhelmed with the backlog of items on here ngl, burnout is real LOL

@Kitalpha Hart: ohh damn i miss guilds too LOL
    i gravitate towards gold but i try to make avatars with other colours too-- i try to use ones i don't normally think of using |D

@kaichoukai: $$$ whale life $$$
    supporting a good cause (funding the site and staff--

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 04:34:08 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@pachi: Honestly, it will never be as bad as the amount I spent on enstars........... You were around during the end of my enstars day, weren't you? I will never whale so bad......... BUT I WILL GLADLY WHALE ON THE STAFF HERE!!!!!!

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 04:40:52 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: Same! I’m glad a lot of the commons on here are good, though a lot of the earlier stuff is... interesting looking to say the least... >__>

@kaichoukai: Omg bro, that was me with A3!
The Japanese know how to milk the money out of you with pretty characters and gatchas that wreck your bank. T^T

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 04:46:01 )

@Tsundererra: lmao
    honestly i don't see myself working with a lot of the commons here but i try to use them when i can--

@Alethna: LMAO same
    forever no money

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 04:47:56 )

I used to always be an exchanger. I still like it here but there isn’t anyone else that does exchanging. Lol

On here I’m the type to chat with lots of people, promote news, or try to get us to the next goal. I also like collecting items and donating to the site.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 04:49:15 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Tsundererra: I am so glad I have chilled with A3....... I don't open it as much but I am a Muku oshi and he hasn't been in the spotlight of an event for some time... I HAVE spent money on A3, I have been playing the jp version since release...... but nothing will be as bad as enstars........ oidhfgoih

I am glad we have this mutual feeling Tsun...... solidarity LMAO

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 04:54:31 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: I kinda wish they would do a big purge of some of the wonky items, or fix their layering position so people can use them, but meeeeh. Gonna use whatever is usable. xD

@kaichoukai: Yoooo, Juza was my boy. WE’RE TEAM CUZZOS! xD Glad someone else on here understands the death grip of these games.
I still open A3!, but I calmed down because I legit maxed all my card spaces... which means I can’t participate in any new events or roll for gatchas until they extend the space for it. ToT
I thought about joining ensemble stars, but between Touken, A3, Utapuri Shining Live, I nope’d out. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 04:55:22 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Yaaaassss, you’re like our newspaper. Spark better watch out, or he’ll be out of a job.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 04:57:08 )

I'mma go with "other". I do lowkey hoard and collect, but at my own pace and only to a small degree. I have an active exchange thread, but I sometimes go weeks or months without doing any buying/selling/trading. And sometimes I do art stuff, though I was a lot more actively involved in art shops and contests in years past when I had more time and energy for avatar sites. I post feedback semi-regularly, but I used to be really vocal in the feedback sections of other sites. I'm old and tired now but still going through the motions. ;v;

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 05:05:08 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@pachi: yeah having a cohesive color set is easier sometimes. I know on kofk purple is actually one of my less used color sets

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 05:06:09 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Tsundererra: Oh gosh yeah... we understand each other so well...... UGH JUZA IS MY OTHER BEST BOY!!!!!! I love him so much... I spent some serious $$$ on him too........
I am glad you were able to stay away from joining enstars... TKRB, A3, and Shining live.... that is enough! I don't really play any of my app games anymore but also.... this isn't a bad thing... it saves me money that way--

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 05:19:50 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@kaichoukai: OMG YAAAASSSS!!! It’s really hard to rank the boys because I always end up straying and switching depending on new event looks, but Summer Troupe and Autumn Troupe (except for Taichi and fully clothed Omi) are my babies.

That’s how I feel about my app games now. I also like not being stressed about ranking in events and dying when I have to juggle more than one game’s event. x__x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 05:22:57 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Tsundererra: omfg right? They were SOOOOO stressful........... I also just kept throwing money in for dia/daiya......... I would rather throw my money in for ohms--

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.