Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:31:02 )

Almost. And when I’m off I’m going to walk to the farmers market and get dinner there. There is someone who sells empanadas and they are amazing.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:32:00 )

@xvz: yeah I do normally look on the bright side. And the other bright side is that I’m here. I have a beautiful view too. Plus I’m missing wildfire season in CA right now so I’m really happy about that!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:34:20 )

@xvz: I need your email to send you an invitation. PM me? Dreamwidth is a blogging site, a fork of LiveJournal. I take it you're not involved much in fandom? LOL. People make posts there and most story exchanges have Dreamwidth as their base of operations. It's not essential, but it makes it easy to find exchanges and get updates on the schedules etc. Discord does that too. I am only active on that one exchange server, I don't have the spoons for other activity lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:35:35 )

I have never heard of empanadas. Google has shown me some images and they look a bit like Cornish Pasties. Are they similar?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:38:43 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

yumm empanadas ^^ so nice you can walk to the farmer's market too ! :3
fall weather should be super nice next month i'm hoping!

i've never had a cornish pastie :0 but they do look similar
maybe the filling/spices are a little different?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:41:25 )

mm some of my coworkers are in the bay and the heat wave / fires seemed pretty stressful :-(

@sunny: ooh i see! :3 and ty for the invite, i'll pm u
are there any fandoms you're into?

i think i was more in that scene when i was younger but not much afterwards ...
i think in middle/high school i read and wrote fanfiction on ff.net hehe
i think college kind of pushed me into more like. """literary""" style (maybe related to the elitism stuff lol)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:44:49 )

@xvz: No not really. I pretty much exclusively write original stuff. I write fanfic for Resident Evil occasionally, but I haven't done that for a while. I don't read fanfic either. I used to be more into it but like you said, university kind of squashed it out of me.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:48:11 )

@sunny: yeah they are like that but from South America. The outside is the same but the inside is normally meat and cheese of some kind.
@xvz: true. This is the first year that I’m actually looking forward to fall. I need time to pass so that it feels like time is passing cause it kinda just feels like a hot March. Lol
This move really helped make time go by so fast though. I mean it was just July 1st not that long ago it seems and August, man, that has really flown.
Normally I hate the end of summer and I don’t like wild fire season in CA. (And not a fan of winter at all). But now that I’m here it’s different. Although I still am not a fan of winter, I can enjoy fall more.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:49:37 )

@Totalanimefan: they sound yummy!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:50:02 )

Oh and it is nice that I can walk to the farmers market. It’s a small one, and it got even smaller because of Covid, but I’m glad to have it near me. I’ve been getting empanadas here every Tuesday ever since my first Tuesday. This is the 3rd time. Lol
It’s 3 for only $10. I can’t pass it up.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:50:29 )

is archive of our own similar to ff.net? :0 but there's room for original works?
i think it could be nice to have somewhere to post and get feedback on work :0
esp in a casual no-pressure context ^^

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:52:25 )

@xvz: That's exactly what Archive of our own is!! (It's usually shortened to AO3). People can comment and leave 'likes', and create bookmarks with tags of their own. There is A LOT of good content there, some real talented writers.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:53:04 )

yummy ^^
hope you enjoy ur empanadas today :3
what kind of filling do u usually get?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:54:17 )

@sunny: (do you prefer pings or no?)
that's great! :3 i just made my account, will have to do some poking around
do you read much on ao3? how do you find works to read if you're not looking for something fandom-specific?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:55:36 )

@xvz: cheese and bacon, my husband gets spicy pork and then we pick the 3rd one on the spot. Last time we had Cheeseburger and it was really good. Lol
@sunny: yes! They are great. Probably not good for my waist line though. Lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:56:14 )

To balance it out tonight I’m also making a side salad at home to go with it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:56:47 )

oh yum ^^ it's nice you have this like fun lil routine too, like something to look forward to every tuesday :-D

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:59:53 )

@xvz: I prefer pings yes, I tend to get lost otherwise lol. Do you mind me pinging you?
So the thing is, AO3 works on a tag system. So for example when I post my current novella I will tag it as 'sci fi' and also with the tags 'immortal character' 'soulmates' 'non-linear' 'set on Mars' etc. And you can click through and search what other works people have posted with those tags. You can also search for tags from the homepage, so maybe you want to read some stories about werewolves, you can just type that in and it will bring up all works tagged werewolves and all works that contain the word 'werewolves'.

Then you can narrow down your search by fandom (which would be Original Work) and length, and sort by the most popular or the most recent. You can also narrow the search down by rating. You can also search for two tags at once, so maybe you'd want to search for 'werewolves' and 'urban fantasy' etc and it would bring up all works that contain both. AO3 has A LOT of capabilities. I love it.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:00:15 )

@Totalanimefan: you have made me hungry now lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:07:03 )
I wandered off to start baking a cake and seem to have missed a lot of posts. xDD
Love the orb previews though!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.