Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 21:31:35 )

Less than 5k posts until the goal!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 21:39:54 )

@Totalanimefan: A memory game would be so good! I enjoy those types of game. And maybe a solitaire game? Idk if that's hoping for too much lol.

@Wildfire: oh I see. Do you not have any rain at all during the dry season? I can't imagine living in a place with no rain lol.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 21:51:27 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, thought so. I like it. If I can get my hands on it, I'm sure it would be fun to own!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 21:53:47 )
@sunny: lol - it rains, just... differently than anywhere else I've lived. I'm in Florida, so it's a subtropical climate. We don't usually get full rainy days unless there's some system that's just sitting on us, but rather 10 minute rainstorms every afternoon during the summer. The winters tend to be much drier - not much rain at all.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 21:56:11 )

@Wildfire: That is so cool. It sounds like an awesome place tbh. Do you get hurricanes etc?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:02:02 )
@sunny: Yes, hurricanes are a distinct possibility during the summer and early Fall, and they can be a real pain, but we get several days warning to prepare for them (and there are ways to do this).

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:04:47 )

@Wildfire: Oh no :O that sounds rreally scary honestly.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:11:02 )
@sunny: It sounds weird to say, but you get used to it. It's just a big rainstorm, really. The house gets boarded up to minimize likely damage (look at images for "hurricane shutters"). There's rain, of course, and water piles up for a while until the ground can absorb it... and if the storm lands close enough we'll usually lose electricity (so it gets really hot without A/C) but it's really not that horrible - no worse than a blizzard, for example... and without the freezing cold.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:14:44 )

@Wildfire: It seems like you're used to it. It's amazing what people can get used to :O Are you due any storms soon?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:20:04 )
@sunny: lol - it took me a while to get used to it, especially since I am not native to this area of the US. There are no storms threatening right now, no, although it is officially "hurricane season". The storm season usually gets active and more threatening in late August or September.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:21:45 )

@Wildfire: oh no :( well I hope you stay safe and you're not directly in the path of one. I can't imagine living somewhere with extreme weather :O

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:27:23 )
@sunny: Thank you. It's usually pretty mild here most of the time, which is why it's usually a very active vacation spot (virus complications notwithstanding).
What is your weather and environment usually like?

I need to be AFK for a bit. I'll BBSish to keep chatting. :)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:29:31 )

@Wildfire: I bet it's a lovely place to go on vacation! I live in the UK, so we have very temperate weather. Just boring middle-of-the-road overcast grey weather, with the occasional burst of sunlight XD Nothing much exciting happens with our weather.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:32:04 )
@sunny: It sounds exactly the opposite of here (and more like my native US northeast coast). Here, it's sunny 95% (+?) of the time.

bbs
-disappears-

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:44:32 )
Hey!
Work has been so busy this week.
Usually I can post at work, but not this week. >.<

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:45:05 )

@Wildfire: wow. I would feel like I was always on vacation with that much sunshine! Even today in the height of summer I had to wear a fleece. Summer lasts like three days here.

@Lina: your avatar is so cute!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:48:55 )
@sunny: thank you.
I love your bright colors! Feels summery!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 22:50:14 )

@Lina: that's my whole vibe in a sentence lol

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 23:11:19 )
@sunny: it’s a great vibe!
I’ve been thinking of changing
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/2 23:19:23 )

@Lina: what kinda theme are you thinking of going with next?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.