Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 01:33:09 )
@totalanimefan:
I bought them.
Theres a place here called insomnia cookies and they deliver cookies or you can pick them up till 3am.
I didn't report it so no discount.
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 01:54:20 )
@Colin: I'm sure they will, thanks :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 02:22:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: So Adventures into the Forgotten Realms was just released for MTG. Think it'll change your guys' meta?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 02:27:44 )

@SorrowTheMad: Thanks. Today I walked a lot too, but I also had frozen custard...so I don't think I made much progress today lol

@Colin: It's true. I didn't go any Dialga raids in person. Just one that my sister invited me too. And it was a 98! Just 14 attack but everything else was perfect. So I'm pretty happy about that. I'm not going to stop raiding them though. ^^

@Amber Lynne: Ugh they really are. I'm trying to be good about doing the gifts since I'm meeting up with friends in two weeks. It would be nice to be lucky friends by then. I don't mind the pace that we gift each other. :)

@ArsenicAttitude: OMG I know about those! I've gone to them in NYC and DC before. They are pretty good!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 02:51:31 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Hot damn! Congrats! That's a darn good Dialga, there!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 03:12:17 )
@Colin: Not much, I don't think, for Modern anyway. I am DEFINITELY putting together a Prosper, Tome-Bound deck for Commander though. We played around with the Precon decks today and Prosper was very consistently putting in a lot of work straight out of the box, and that was without modifying. I kinda want to build a Modern Sultai control deck using ramp to get to Xanathar with stuff like Growth Spiral and Wilderness Reclamation (since I can play their stuff on my turn with Xan and then untap and play my control spells on their turn with WR). I know at least two people are putting Tiamat together for Commander too.

@Totalanimefan: Lol yeah, doesn't sound like it. But hey, at least you walked! I did a whole lot of Magic and that was it, so good on you :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 03:24:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Huh, Proper's THAT good, huh? I'm honestly a little surprised.

And yeah... EVERYBODY wants Tiamat, and wants to make a dragon commander...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 03:34:53 )
@Colin: He might not be good on a higher level than against other precons, but against the other three out of the box precons he was ridiculous. The first game we played I ended up killing (by myself) three players, and then on the other few games I became arch enemy pretty quickly and ended up putting up a pretty good fight. His "draw" engine coupled with the fact that he ramps you as well, and gets weird synergistic value out of even playing Lands that he exiles, is pretty strong. I like to think Birgi, God of Storytelling will be a VERY strong addition, along with some better fast mana. Hellish Rebuke is freaking NUTS as I'm sure you can imagine, and the Rat side-strategy with Piper and Ogre Slumlord ended up also being pretty good. Chaos Wand is another card that just really synergizes with Prosper, and Wild-Magic Sorcerer is pretty gross all things considered. I obviously didn't end up seeing all the cards in the deck in my matches, but it felt strong, very Midrangey value-town out of the box.

He's a 1/4 Deathtouch that definitely feels like he needs to die every time he hits the board, and with all the Treasures you make I was even casting him for 12 mana pretty easily.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 03:53:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: ....huh. Maybe I should grab that deck if I see it. I just got one of the $50 bundles as a late birthday present for myself and opened the packs that came within. Didn't get Tiamat, sadly.

Also, it seems WoTC is really stepping up their game on these precons. I remember when they were barely functional at best, holy crap.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 04:11:21 )
@Colin: It does definitely seem like they've stepped up their game a LOT with this cycle. I did see quite a few strong cards from all of the decks, and a few really good reprints (Heroic Intervention from the Bant one, for example, as well as the Rakdos Talisman in Prosper). Yeah he's fun, for sure, and I like that there's more cards than just a couple of lands I'll be considering putting into the actual deck. Also, Underdark Rift is AWESOME! It's a really good Commander land that they included in Prosper (not sure if it's in all of them).

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 04:22:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Underdark Rift is SO FUN! I LOVE IT! Overall, I just love this whole set. Though I wonder about the wisdom in having it be a replacement for the Core set. But hopefully I'm worrying for nothing.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 04:55:06 )
@Colin: LOL! I hadn't even thought of that, but I'm not a Standard player so it doesn't affect me much even if it's not great. Hopefully it won't be bad though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 05:18:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: I'm hardly a standard player as well. By that, I mean not at all.

But I REALLY want to be rolling dice in my MTG games. While not playing an UN-set!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 06:17:28 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: Yeah... I hate that lucky friends have the same limitations DX
I have a couple of global lucky friends that I can't do shit about.
It's probably only a matter of time before you and I are, and can' do anything about DX

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

0 5 6 9 4 5 1 6 7
KittyBeary generated a random number between 1 and 150; Resulting In 56
Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 10:34:42 )
I need to try and be more active again, whoops.
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 15:19:26 )
@Colin: Fair enough! Lol! Who knows, some budget Modern decks and some crazy Commander decks might come out of this. I kinda like some of the dice rolling cards in Prosper even. One is a board wipe, you roll two dice, deal damage to each creature equal to one result, and then make the other result into treasures.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 15:23:41 )

@Colin: thank you. Finally a good IV one after 24 tries! This is my first one 90% or better IVs.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 15:25:51 )

@SorrowTheMad: thanks. And the frozen custard was worth it lol
How did you do in your magic tournament?

@Amber Lynne: yeah I have some in Japan and CA and FL. Not exactly close lol

@KittyBeary: hey it’s nice to see you again. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 15:40:15 )
@Totalanimefan: 4 wins 0 losses. I literally should not have won one game though, I forgot Silas had a card in his deck that makes me unable to play the game and I scooped game 1 to him playing it on Turn 1, game 2 I destroyed him and game 3 both of us fumbled so badly and the only reason I killed him was because I had EXACTLY 12 damage to kill him, otherwise I would have lost. Everything else was pretty easy to beat and my deck didn't hate on me too badly, so I didn't have awful luck.

Lol I'm glad the custard was worth it! I can't eat frozen stuff, I have sensitive teeth (even with Sensodyne) and it gives me a huge migraine.

Edit: I might have forgotten to mention but I love the cold brewer! I've ordered a new kind of coffee and it's fantastic, it's by a company called Death Wish Coffee (Supposed to be the strongest coffee in the world), and the, like, flavor or whatever is Valhalla Java: Odinforce. It's awesome :D

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/25 19:39:44 )

@SorrowTheMad: good luck getting those chapters out! How’s the writing process going? I… am not ready to share my novel with anyone just yet, but maybe soon. It’s still in its very rough form XD

@Totalanimefan: Three years is a long way to be away from home! Or do you not think of it as home anymore?
It shouldn’t affect my IVF, unless it turns out to be serious and I need chemotherapy or something, which might mean I have to freeze my eggs or something beforehand, but I don’t think it will be serious. It’s probably nothing, I have a history of hypochondria XD

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.