Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Do you guys journal a lot?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 03:55:27 )

You know, own a diary and write daily about your day or whatever is going on with your life. Well I do, honestly it really helps when things get tough, is like talking to a friend that won't judge you. I remember owning my first diary when I was ten. I got one as a christmas present and it even has it's own lock and key. But I only really got started journaling when I was in 7th grade and is been on and off ever since.

I have this diary app now though with a security password for privacy reasons ^w^

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 04:01:42 )
I used to journal on and off a lot throughout my life starting in my teens probably but I noticed I would only reach for the journal and record really hard times in my life, so every time I looked back on them I felt...well, bad.

so I started making myself do it every day (from about a year ago) but limited to 10 minutes so it wouldn't be too long and I wouldn't get tired of it

and it's been good

e

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 04:20:04 )

@eyry: I get what you meant. I've been from that phase as well. Is really easy to write the terrible things that happened but writing about it too much usually does the opposite effect x.x

So nowadays I balance it out. I often try to make it positive but there are days I just need to rant xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 04:31:09 )

@koneko: Merp that seems normal to me. The normal Koneko way ^^
Everyone has different methods or reasons on writing their stuff down although for me I just write as a coping mechanism? ;v;
I don't even read my past entries much. This mind here overthinks too much so writing it down helps.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 04:38:55 )
I try to write everyday in my journal. I use penzu, and I love it. I write down thoughts, feelings, or just what happened in my day, but one thing I make myself do is to find one positive/thankful thing for that day... it can be anything, a certain smell, taste, health, etc. as long as it is diffrent from other days.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 04:53:39 )

@macsen191: That's such a good way to write! I'm practicing the same thing as well since I use to write negatively about everything before.
I try to think of the positive outcome on any situation I'm in and write it down. Is a work in progress still

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 04:55:50 )

@koneko: ikr a lot of times is a lot easier than actually telling someone about my problems... My mind goes completely blank when I do

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 05:52:05 )

I use to journal a lot when I was younger. I think I will begin to journal! and save my journal on my computer. :)

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 06:36:58 )
@PurpdaBurpPurp: haha yeah ranting can be therapeutic
I generally just write down the positive things these days and try not to go into too much detail with the negatives. best not to dwell on it and thinking about it really does make it worse

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 06:39:26 )

I've dabbled in journaling a bit here and there, but I never managed to stick to it for very long for the most part. The best I did was in 2018 when I managed to do some journaling every day in Korean, but they were mostly very short entries where I tried to incorporate recently learned words and/or grammar points.
★~~Questing~~★

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 07:09:53 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I used to journal when I was younger up until the end of middle school because I found out my mom was reading my journal and gossiping about it to my aunts. ): I’m trying to get back into it, but it’s hard after realizing people can violate your thoughts if they get their hands on your journal. u__u It’s like I don’t trust sharing my thoughts anywhere anymore.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 11:30:08 )

@Tsundererra: Ugh yeah that's the worst ono
there was time in highschool my brother was reading my journal and has even the audacity to write a comment on one of my entries about it!
I was pissed! Told him he has no right to read my diary and I'm glad he learnt his lesson from it.

I suggest you do some journaling on your phone or computer and put a password if possible so no one can read it
If you want to come back to it of course, I'm sorry that happened to you :(

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 11:35:37 )

@KDA Drew: Do what works for you :3
Keeping a diary doesn't always works for everyone, I even gets sick of it sometimes and won't write for weeks ahead.
And I think learning korean is awesome for you to do~

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 13:35:52 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Technically I have two private ones
One on my iPad
One on my phone
I'm very slowly working on getting all the iPad entries onto my phone so they're all together
I'm not daily about it, seeing as I don't always have something going on, but I'm fairly consistent
I used to journal on other sites
I do have a blog, I try and update on mondays but if you check dates you can tell there's little going on sometimes. It's also a drawn one, so it's a bit different too. Plus public, so whatever I put I gotta be fine with being public

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 19:58:57 )

I do a lot of Smashbook kind of journaling, just got finished doing stuff in my right now actually. Been doing it for a few years now. It really helps for soothing away like some of my stress. XD And somehow got me into like being more adventurous and outgoing. Because like I would do stuff just so I'd have something to put into my journal.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 20:35:09 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Omg, that was horrible for your brother to do. It sounds like you telling off your brother helped him learn. I don’t think my mom learned since she has the “my house, my rules” mindset.

I saw you mentioned there are journaling apps with password protection, and I’ll take a look at them. I like the feel of writing it by hand, but I’m willing to try the app just to see if it will help me get back into it. Thank you for the advice~

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 20:58:28 )

@Tsundererra: Yeah but I was a bit late telling him off though xD Back then at the moment I kept it all bottled up but once I told him he understood. We were much a bit older back then.

I don't mean to prod but your mother seems a bit... controlling :( But then again idk much about your family dynamic =w=;
I do reccomend the Daybook app, which is what I'm currently using right now. Is very simple and it has the calendar on what days you did write and it has custom set reminder on what time of day you'll want to write~ Plus it has a passcode so your mom won't interfere and is all numbers and you can change it whenever time you want~

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 20:59:22 )

i've never journaled, but i do use my undercurrent thread to talk to myself lol. i guess that's kind of like journaling in a way.

hello again

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 21:00:27 )

@Another Movie Addict: Smashbook? I've never heard of that o.o
But that seems interesting I may search it up later

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/1 21:02:18 )

@kegs: hehe I like going there sometimes too especially those post your rants threads~

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.