Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 03:24:20 )

Callie was still, tense, as the guardian fell back and onto the broken pillar. The blue blood that she saw falling from it, running down the pillar to the ground, was enough to almost make her feel bad for it. Although, at the same time... she knew she did. The black tar that seemed to be coming from it as well, certainly helped.

Adym had told her that this was the guardian, albeit severely corrupted. There was nothing that could truly be done about it. That corruption... had sealed its fate, sadly.

Now... now they needed to find the source of the corruption.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 03:42:28 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Aym was silent as he witnessed this, and saw the spiders were still frozen.

".....I see." he said.

"Seems like they were taking orders from the larger one. And the corruption made them blindly loyal... to a fault." he commented.

"Now, without their leader giving them orders... they're just... motionless. Still." he went on.

"Useless." he sighed.

"We need to find where this originated from." he told Callie.

"I get the feeling it's nearby."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 03:47:22 )

Callie nodded.

"Let's go before hte pain sets in." She said with a light laugh.

"I don't hurt much for the moment, and I'd rather put as much distance in while I don't." She then paused a moment.

"Actually, any chance you can help?" She asked, knowing that it was possible he'd know of a plant or something that could help.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 04:07:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym looked at her for a moment, and thought about it.

"Ah.... hm." he muttered.

"Actually, yes." he said.

"I think I can." he told her.

He then proceeded to grow some large long leaves from the ground, and wrapped it around the wounds she sustained.

"Best I can do for now." he told her.

"They'll stop the bleeding, close up the wounds, and hopefully help null the pain a bit." he explained.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 04:36:51 )

"Honestly, that's more than enough." Callie commented after he'd said and did all he did.

"Thank you, Adym." She said with a soft smile.

"anyway, let's continue. The sooner we do this, the better."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 05:12:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym nodded in response.

"Yes, let's." he agreed.

The two of them then weaved their way through the sea of smaller spiders, eventually making their way past them.

They then looked around, and Adym paused suddenly.

"....I..." he stammered.

"I think we're close to the source." he told her.

"I don't know why, but I'm getting a VERY distinct sense of darkness and corruption near me. Like... extremely concentrated." he muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 05:15:41 )

Callie nodded.

"That's good." She said.

"The closer we are, the sooner we can deal with it." She added with a light sigh.

"And the soone r we can get somewhere to chill for a bit." She paused a moment before looking around.

"Got an idea for a direction?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 05:47:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....yes." Adym responded.

"We're heading... east." he told her.

And so they headed east... and walked for a short amount of time, before they came across a fountain.

And it was a fountain unlike any other.

The fountain itself looked to be exquisitely carved out of marble, and though it had some cracks and was showing its age, it still looked structurally sound, as though it would persevere through ANYTHING. Vines and plants grew around it, covering it almost protectively, like a natural suit of armour, or like a parent shielding their child. The water inside flowed freely and smoothly, but there was something off about the water itself.

It appeared to be... a dark navy colour, to the point of being almost black.

"...this fountain is the heart of the forest." Adym commented. "It nourishes everything." he went on.

"No wonder this is happening. The water appears to be corrupted."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 05:49:16 )

Callie stepped up to it and sighed.

"That's concerning." She commented.

"But... what the hell can we do?" She asked.

"side from step in and see if we can find anything in there." She paused a moment before sighing, again.

"Can you fashion something akin to a net?" She asked, ehr voice curious. "If you ccan, then maybe we can sweep it through the water to see if we can find the source."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 06:08:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah... I... probably can..." Adym replied.

"If not, I have no choice but to get in there, myself, and look." he told her.

He then crouched down on the ground, and started to grow a few things... but they looked... weak, and frail. And discoloured, as well.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"The corruption is interfering with my abilities." he commented.

However, he still managed to grow some thin, slender vines, and some rigid stalks. He fashioned them together into a pair of nets... though they looked ready to give up and die at any moment.

"Sorry." he apologised, handing one to her.

"Best I can do, it seems."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 06:13:59 )

"Wlel, it's certainly better than I could do." Callie commented with a light laugh.

"Shall we then?" She asked.

"I can start on one end, so to speak, you start on the other?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 06:32:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Works for me." Adym responded.

With that, he made his way to the opposite side of Callie, and they started walking. They walked in the same direction, scanning and dredging things with their nets.

Callie wasn't finding anything, but as she walked, she saw she was getting closer to Adym, who had stopped.

And he looked like he was trying to move something.

"...huh." he muttered.

"There's something in there." he said.

"And it's solidly in there." he muttered further.

"I... can't quite see what it is, but... I think we might have found our culprit, here." he then commented to Callie, seeing she was close enough to hear him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 06:48:43 )

Callie looked over to Adym before approaching him.

".... Well, I suppose we might as well get it out of there if we can." She commented before lookiung to him.

"Also, I'm not letting you touch that shit at all." She added. "You're an elf. More ... susceptible than humans are to corrpution of this nature."

"So, easy solution. I'll do it." was the last thing she said before climbing over the edge and approaching where his net was stuck. Once there, she reached in to grab it, or at least try and grab to bring it up.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 07:12:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Callie!" Adym exclaimed.

"...." he was then silent, as it was already too late. She was in there.

And when she was in there, things definitely did not feel right. Even though the water flowed like... water... it felt like she was slugging and slogging through sludge. Sludge that almost seemed like it was going to actively try and pull her down beneath it.

When she grabbed... whatever it was... she found it to be quite stuck. But it also had SOME give to it, meaning it wasn't part of the fountain. She tried to remove it, and it budged here and there.

However, it also seemed like it didn't like being moved around.

She felt her hand start to go numb... and painfully so.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 07:36:48 )

Callie wasn't sure what was going on, specifically, but she did know that this needed to be moved.

As her hand went numb, she swapped hands and started using the one that wasn't suffering. Trying to yank it up wasn't the easiest, but eventually she managed to. She had to get both hands in to do it though.

As she yanked it up, it gave way a lot easier than she hadd've actually though, but at the same time, it was something that one couldn't properly expect.

The sudden force of the release from the base that the seed had, caused her to fall back, and into Adym's arms.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 07:55:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym instinctively caught Callie as she fell back into him, and tried to ascertain if she was all right.

"Callie!" he exclaimed.

"Holy crap, are you all right!?" he asked.

"What happened?" he asked her, before looking at the seed.

".....and what is THAT?" he muttered.

"That... that looks... not right. At all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 07:59:54 )

Callie, quickly, tossed the seed to the side, it landing on some stone to the left.

"That is what you were stuck on." She told him honestly as she straightened up.

"And... Pretty sure that I'm all right for the moment, but won't be soon." She added, shaking her hands.

"My hands are numb... and not nicely."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 08:22:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......numb?" Adym inquired.

"Oh dear. That's... that's not good." he said.

"We should get back to my home... maybe find someone that can help." he told her.

He then looked at the seed, as it cracked and started to crumble into black ash.

"...guess that was the centre of it all." he muttered.

Then, just as he finished saying that, the water in the fountain turned crystal clear, and they both felt a sense of levity and ease come over them.

It was slight, considering all they'd just been through, but it was there.

"...and I think we did it." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 08:32:19 )

Callie was silent for a moment before just sighing.

"That... is a stupidly large relief." She admitted.

"Anyway, let's get out of here. I ... fear that this is going to spread." She commented, looking to her hands.

"And that... probably would be bad to reach my torso. Y'know, lungs and heart." She added after a moment or two, with a light sigh.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/31 08:45:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Spreading would not be good, no." Adym agreed.

He then helped her out of the fountain, and sighed.

"All right." he said.

"Let's get back." he told her.

However, something was happening behind him, and Callie noticed this.

The shadow of a large arachnid... about the size of her torso... was starting to approach from a dark corner somewhere.

And it was headed right for them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.