Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat The things I do during a blizzard...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 08:08:05 )

Is been snowing non-stop all day and all I've done is wasted maybe two hours making this avi and then more hours trying to find a matching forum post format with it...
And then I did some drawing and watched a movie, I did not have a very productive day and all I want is to wrap myself with a blanket like a burrito >.<

What do you guys do to kill time if there's a terrible storm brewing outside?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 08:37:43 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Holy shiet, your avi and posting style is super cute, so I think that was time well spent. :3

It was snowing for me too. I walked to my game store because I had a preorder to pick up and I was scared to drive, and then I came home and took a long nap. xD After I woke up, I tried to clean but got distracted by tv. Welp.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 08:41:44 )

Well it’s super cute!
I’ve never been through a horrible snow storm but I have been through multiple hurricanes.
So I do my hobbies like listening to music/singing, watching anime, keeping up with the news on the weather event, avatar sites, watching Netflix, sleeping?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 08:46:49 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: You’ll def love living in VA. We get hurricanes and blizzards, but they’re not super crazy (though they can be, but it’s rare).

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 08:56:34 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Provided I don't have work...
Thunderstorms I'll likely snooze through cuz rain makes me sleepy
Blizzards are just another day

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 09:22:00 )

@Tsundererra: wow let me pack my bags right now lol /s

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 14:48:17 )
@PurpdaBurpPurp: It snowed here, too. :3
We only got like three inches, though, not a blizzard. o_o;; eep

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 16:23:03 )

@Tsundererra: It is but at the same time, is one of does days I should be doing something else type of feeling x.x
Oof honestly I had other stuff to do also (like doing laundry) but when you live in a ghetto apartment and the heater barely works sometimes,
I just want to stay in one spot and keep warm.

@Totalanimefan: Ah pretty normal stuff there :3
Honestly I wish I can sleep out during a storm like that but I can't. Rain seems to do the opposite for me

@Kitalpha Hart: Lol for some reason I can sleep through a thunderstorm. There was this one time we had a severe thunderstorm here and my family couldn't sleep all night except me xD

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 17:57:41 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: LOLOLOL come back to the east coast. We miss you. :’)

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Blizzards/snowstorms give me that feeling too, but there’s something about them that just make me feel so tired and lazy. I’m the kind of person who will go into burrito mode on my bed if it’s too cold. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 18:30:30 )

@Tsundererra: Is a mixed feeling for me, cold weather definitely makes me lazy and also go to burrito mode if it's too cold. But at the same time I also find it cozy especially when I go out and everything is covered in snow, is very pleasing to look at sometimes~

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 20:31:15 )

we got hit by the storm here too. i took my car out and did donuts in a parking lot yesterday morning and this morning :) i also made some butternut squash soup since soup is best on snowy days imo, that ate up some time.

hello again

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 15:44:07 )

@kegs: haha I've been in those type of drives, it was awesome yet scary xD
I had some homemde chicken noodle soup last night and I even learned how to use chopsticks~
And that sounds really delicious *q*

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 15:44:21 )

@kegs: haha I've been in those type of drives, it was awesome yet scary xD
I had some homemde chicken noodle soup last night and I even learned how to use chopsticks~
And that sounds really delicious *q*

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 21:12:10 )

@Tsundererra: I miss the east coast a lot actually lol it would be nice to not have to fly 6 hours to see my family.
@PurpdaBurpPurp: that sucks. What did you end up doing?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 22:30:56 )

@Totalanimefan: usually I'll be on my tablet or just draw something.
For some reason drawing in the middle of the night is the best, most of the timeI knows what I'm drawing ouo

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 22:49:30 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I wish America could have a Shinkansen. It would be so much cheaper and might be more convenient to get around.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 02:38:11 )

@Tsundererra: That's a big need. The first and only time that I felt asleep on transportation (without drugs) with on the Shinkansen.
@PurpdaBurpPurp: Drawing is a really good way to spend time. I feel like it takes a long time to finish a piece.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 02:51:05 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I was surprised how smooth it was even though it was going so fast. And omg, the way it stopped so fast when there was an earthquake was just as smooth. If America ever gets something like that, I hope our safety can be held to Japanese standards.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 02:57:22 )

@Tsundererra: I hope so too. I heard that no one has ever died from an accident on the Shinkansen (and it's been around since the 60's) or maybe it was that it's never had an accident at all?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 03:17:25 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I think it hasn’t had any reported issues until a couple of years ago either. It was like someone smelled smoke and haze in a car, but nothing bad happened.
And the only death involving a Shinkansen didn’t have anything to do with the train’s safety. There was a crazy person with a knife who tried to attack two women, and a guy tried to stop them and ended up getting stabbed to death. I found out from the news reports that if something like this ever happens again, you can take out the seat cushions and use it as a shield.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.