Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing One of Your Own

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 01:08:12 )

"Hence the book." Madison answered, turning the front cover up so he could take a quick glance if he so desired.

"Figure I might as well read up. I was reading before now, yes, but... well... I didn't get to read all I could find." She added.

"And if it is true, yeah... quite a find. There's speculation that he didn't even do the burial as was custom for those of his status at the time." She added. "If it's proven that yes, it is him... well..." She trailed off, knowing that she really didn't need to say more.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 01:36:20 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just smirked.

"My dear, you may very well be a part of history in the making!" Samuel then commented, the two in the back having finished their conversation.

"Sam, you make it sound so grandiose and bombastic." Vincent laughed.

"But you are not wrong." he admitted.

"This could very well be a turning point in history." he continued.

"Or a pivotal point in learning from it." he went on.

"Supposedly, this pharaoh made a lot of mistakes during his short time in power." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 01:39:42 )

"Nobody is perfect though." Madison commented.

"And honestly, I'm not here for the recognition for being 'part of history'." She continued.

"Oh? Why are you here then? One would think everyone wants a piece of the pie." Michelle commented.

"All three of us are interested in some of the recognition that would come with it. Even if Vincent wants to argue. He wouldn't be doign this if he didn't want the bit of fame." She added with a laugh.

"I'm here for the experience, and to find out if I'm actually wanting to go into archaeology or not. I know I want something history related for my career, but I dunno what exactly." Madison answered

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 02:05:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was silence for a moment, before Samuel spoke.

"A noble goal." he replied.

"Seriously, I applaud you for it." he said.

"Such an earnest young lady you are." he added with a small smile.

"Indeed." Vincent agreed.

"You will surely learn an awful lot here." he told her.

"It's an experience you'll take with you for the rest of your life."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 02:08:14 )

'I don't doubt it." Madison said with a shrug.

"Regardless of what happens, it'll be a learning experience." She agreed with a nod.

"I am curious as to what will happen though. I know that these can't be entirely planned, as what is hidden within the halls can't be completely accounted for."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 02:27:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"We do our best to plan for that." Vincent replied.

"But we DO need to keep our wits about us." he added.

The rest of the trip was filled with small talk about the site, with Madison going to her book time and time again, but the time came when the announcement everyone wanted to hear was heard.

"And we're here!" Vincent announced, as they saw dozens of people spread about the site, milling about and getting ready.

And in the centre was a structure that had been carefully dug up... a new and before-now unseen pyramid. One that could very well contain an obscure pharaoh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 02:37:04 )

Madison climbed out of the jeep and took in everything around her.

She hadn't expected such a large crew, although she knew that therere would be one.

She stepped out into the sun and just looked around, making sure that her shades and hands were blocking the sun from her eyes.

People were milling about, doing what was needed, and just conversing in some situations. Some were still working on diging out the pyramid, making sure that they could get through the entry... if they could figure out how to open it in the first place.

... I... She thought as she looked around.

I... can't believe I'm here... she thought. For once, her mana concerns not coming to mind at all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 03:31:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent looked at Madison as he saw her looking around, and silently chuckled.

'Youthful wonder and amazement.' he thought.

'Beautiful.' he thought further.

"This is glorious!" Samuel said with a laugh.

"Come on, then!" he told the others. "Let's check in with Robert!" he said.

"He's the one that's been overseeing the unearthing of the pyramid." Vincent told Madison.

"And yes, let's." he agreed. "See if we can't find a way to actually get INTO the structure." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 03:34:50 )

Madison was silent for a moment before shaking her head slightly and following. She knew that it was something that they needed to do after all.

After they'd checked in and were at the building, Madison just looked at it's full form.

There's one thing I can think of... but I dunno if it's going to work... or if it'd be worth mentioning... she thought as she looked at the various runes and the like that adorned the building.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 03:47:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Everyone else seemed to be looking at and studying the runes and markings, and for the most part, she was left alone, to her own devices... until Vincent stepped up towards her.

"Madison?" he addressed her.

"You look like something's on your mind." he said.

"Do you have any insight or ideas regarding these markings?" he asked her.

"If so, feel free to speak up, please." he told her.

"After all, any information is helpful." he reasoned with a smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 04:04:16 )

If I could answer, I would. Madison thought, again unaware of the telepath in the area.

"Sadly... I have no idea." She lied.

'I wish I did, but... I'm just..." She sighed lightly.

"I'm coming up blank."

... not really. I think it's a mana lock. Meaning someone without mana should be able to trigger the locking mechanism, but the question is where said mechanism is...

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 04:11:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".................." Vincent was silent for a bit of a long moment, before clearing his throat.

"Erm, Madison?" he said.

"Might I make a suggestion?" he asked.

"Guard your thoughts carefully." he told her. "After all, there may be people here that are telepaths, and might accidentally hear what you're thinking." he continued, before sighing.

"That being said, I'm glad you know of mana." he commented.

"Also, do you really mean that?" he asked.

"That one without mana is the key to entering here?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 04:16:07 )

Madison was silent for a moment before turning to face Vincent.

"..... Guess the twins dropped the ball on that one. I had no idea that you or anyone here would know of mana." She admitted before pausing and looking bsck to the structure.

"And yeah.... Look at the two runes here. They're usually interpreted as being without charisma or something of that sort, right?" She asked.

"But this one," she motioned to another, "is an outright necromatic rune to try and protect all within." as she spoke, there was something to her voice. Something that Vincent couldn't identify.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 04:30:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...yes, seems they DID drop the ball a bit on that one." Vincent agreed.

"And I see, I see..." he went on, looking where she was looking and scratching his chin slightly. He also could sense... whatever it was... in her tone, but he didn't know what, specifically. And if he were to bring it up, he'd do so later.

Right now, it was time to focus on the pyramid, and the runes.

"Yes, that does make sense." he told her.

"Well done, Madison!" he complimented her further.

"We'll see to studying these even more closely, looking for further clues on this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 04:33:38 )

"That's literally the only thing I can think of, considering what it is that I saw." She paused a moment before sighing lightly.

"Not sure how well known the necro runes are though. There are ... a bunch... all over the building." She then said. "All around the preimeter it looks." She looked toward him.

"I can jot 'em all down for ya, if it'll help?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 04:57:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That would be an amazing help, Madison." he told her.

'...she seems to know a lot about necromancy. Or at least its runes...' he thought. '...but I suppose being raised by a pair of necromancers, that shouldn't be a surprise.' he then reasoned.

"Yes, get to that." he said.

"I'll make sure the others know what you're doing, so they leave you alone." he went on.

"And yes, you don't need to hide your knowledge of mana here." he then said.

"Even those here without mana know of it. We're all one big unit here." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 05:01:36 )

Madison nodded.

"Yeah. Of course." She said.

"I'll copy them down for the sake of knowledge." She added with a soft smile. After he'd headed off to leave her to devices, she got to work with transcribing them, wishing they would take effect as she did so, but also knowing that they wouldn't. That there was absolutely chance that they would.

Hours later, as she brushed some sand off of one that she wanted to be able to see, she felt ... something.

It almost felt like the chains and locks around her were tightening.

She let out a gasp of air as she felt that, some pain in her face for a fraction of a second before looking to where her hand was. As she took it off, the feeling faded.

". . . the fuck..?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 05:21:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Someone that had been nearby, a lycan, had seen what had happened, and made his way over.

"Hey." he said.

"You all right?" he asked her.

"You looked like you recoiled from that." he commented.

He then looked at the rune that she had uncovered, and narrowed his eyes.

"Is that something we need to be wary of?" he asked.

"Should I call Dr. Remmington here?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 05:23:09 )

Madison was silent, but didn't look to them.

"No... No it's all right. Just... I felt a mana reaction, and it caught me by surprise." She told him honestly.

"I... there shouldn't have been a reaction... I... I have no mana..." She added before shaking her head.

"But don't worry, I'm fine. This one is merely a protection rune, meant to keep the building from weathering too quickly."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 05:45:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmm, I see." the lycan replied.

"By the way, here." he said, handing her a bottle of ice-cold water.

"You've been working for a while, and you don't need to get dehydrated.' he told her.

"Keep drinking those fluids." he said.

"Oh, and we're meeting up in about an hour or so for lunch and discussion." he then informed her.

"But I'm sure Dr. Remmington will come get you when the time comes."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.