Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing One of Your Own

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 08:00:42 )

"Some tea would be lovely." Hollie answered as she stepped inside.

"While I help you with... whatever you're looking for help with." She added as she kicked off her shoes and made her way to the den as he directed. She got herself seated and comfortable as he went off for some tea.

When he returned, she just sighed.

"SXo yes. What is it that you would like my help with?" she asked as he sat down.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 08:25:00 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent set the tea tray down on the table in front of her, and sighed.

"I received over 1500 submissions for someone to follow me on my dig in Egypt." he told her.

"It was nervewracking and mind-boggling, but I managed to narrow it down to 10." he went on.

"But I would like your help." he said.

"I need someone with an outside perspective on this." he continued.

"Can you skim the 10 applications and see if any jump out at you?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 08:29:45 )

Hollie just laughed lightly.

"That's all??" She asked.

"Of course I can and will help." She added with a nod. As he handed her the files, she started to look through them.

It didn't take too long, about half an hour, before she had them sitting in three piles.

"These," she set her hand one pile, "Are the ones I feel have a better understanding of the dig, but perhaps not as good a realisation of what it is that they are getting into and what would be involved." She then moved her hand to the middle pile.

"These are the ones that are the reverse. They have a better realising than an understanding." She paused before setting her hand on the last pile of four.

". . . and these are the mortals." She paused before sighing.

"But, the first I think would be the best of them, and the they go down."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 08:48:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Vincent was silent as he looked at the piles.

"I see." he said.

"...the mortals are ones that the team would REALLY need to be careful about..." he muttered.

"Make sure they don't hear anything they're not supposed to hear." he went on.

"Yes, they're intelligent, hard-working, but... how much do they 'know of the 'world'?" he wondered aloud.

"Would the team need that stress of worrying what to say or not say?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 08:51:07 )

Hollie just sighed.

"I know." She told him.

"But... Honestly, most of them... I get the feeling that they are wanting this position more for bragging rights than anything. It's been... years since you last headed a dig." She then said.

"I wouldn't count the mortals out just yet. Also... how many mages or non humans are you taking on that dig, anyhow?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 09:05:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's about a 50/50 split." Vincent replied.

"But everyone knows about the world and mana and such." he told her.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"And I know." he said.

"All of them seem to have this aura of wanting to do this because it'll look good on a resume or what-have-you." he muttered.

"Maybe this was a mistake." he said further, before looking at the pile again, and pausing.

"....well..." he muttered suddenly.

"Actually, there's... one... that doesn't reek of that." he admitted, and Hollie saw where he was looking.

The top of the mortal pile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 09:08:04 )

Hollie just sighed before looking where Vincent was.

". . . Vincent, I can't tell you waht to do." She then said.

"Even if I had a vision regarding this - and if I did you know I'd tell you - I still can't tell you what to do. I can offer suggestions, but that's literally it." She added before pausing.

"And honestly? If you truly believe none are worth taking, don't take any." She told him plainly.

'But if you think one might be a good diea... take them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 09:25:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Vincent was silent, before nodding.

"Yes." he said.

"Yes, indeed." he mumbled.

"Hollie, thank you." he then said.

"Looking back on it, all but one of these applications seem to reek of wanting the prestige of this." he continued.

"But... there's that one. The one that seems to... speak to me." he went on.

He then smiled, and looked at her.

"Didn't see that until you mentioned it." he admitted.

"Guess this was a case of my not being able to see the forest for the trees."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 09:37:34 )

"It happens." Hollie said with a soft smile as she sat back where she was.

"Honestly, I do think that you should take them. I don't want to sway you here nor there, but ... I do know things. Things I am not at liberty to say." She paused a moment.

"And I think it would do her a lot of good to go." She added. After a second she just looked at him.

"Assuming we are talking about ms. Kiczys."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 22:32:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent looked at her in response.

"We are." was all he said.

-Some time later-

Madison was up in her room, as usual, keeping to herself, as usual, and doing schoolwork, as usual, when she heard a soft knocking on her door.

"Madison?" Lex addressed her.

"You got mail." he told her.

"It's from the desk of Vincent Remmington." he continued. "It's more than likely the decision he's come to, in regards to your application." he went on, trying his best to remain calm and levelheaded.

He wanted her to be accepted, but he didn't know what would happen to her if she had been rejected.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 22:34:49 )

Madison was silent for a moment before setting her pend own. She got to her feet, made her way to the door and opened it.

"Well... was wodnering when that would arrive." She commented as he handed it to her.

"Thanks." She added before pausing. She looked into her room for a moment before making her way over to her desk and rifling for something in one of the drawers. After a few seconds, she withdrew a switchblade, which she then used to open the letter cleanly. She didn't close the door, as she figured Lex could hang around if he wanted to, and sat down at the desk again before reading what was in there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 22:54:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex just sighed as he watched her open the letter and read it.

'Please, please, please...' he pleaded mentally.

Meanwhile, Madison was reading the letter.

Madison Kiczys,

Thank you for your interest in accompanying Dr. Remmington on his upcoming archaeological dig. Thousands of submissions were received, and after careful consideration, he has reached a decision.

He has decided that you will be the one to accompany him as his assistant to the dig.

Congratulations. You and/or your guardian(s) will be contacted shortly via email to confirm further details.
it read.

There was also another note attached... a hand-written one.

Madison.

Your application inspired me. Even though you are young, it is clear that you have a deep thirst to learn history. I haven't seen such passion put in writing in a VERY long time.

I'm glad you applied to go on this dig with me, and I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely yours,

Vincent Remmington.
was what it said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 23:01:54 )

Madison was completely silent as she read it, before looking toward Lex. She didn't say anything, just handed the paper to him.

Her face was devoid of any emotion, but seemed ot have more life to it than had become her standard lately.

"Have a read." She said simply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 23:25:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex accepted the paper, and read it.

As he did, Madison saw his features brighten for a moment, before it seemed like he actively forced himself to revert back to a neutral state.

"Well." he said.

"Congratulations, Maddy." he told her.

"I guess we should be on the lookout for the upcoming email." he then said.

"Do you want Aimee to know of this as well?" he asked her.

"And if so, do you want me to tell her, instead of you?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 23:29:52 )

Madison just chuckled.

"I can send an email to her." She told him honestly.

"Or you could tell her, doesn't matter so much." Then said before smiling softly, kindly. He could see the relief and hear how she was happy to have been accepted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 23:44:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..................." Alex was silent for a couple of moments, before he allowed himself to smile.

It was slight, but it was there.

He saw Madison genuinely smile... and it had been a long time since he saw that. It made him happy, even if only slightly.

"May be better if it comes from you." he told her.

"So go ahead and email her." he said.

"Whenever you have the time to, of course."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 01:49:06 )

Madison didn't say anything, but did nod.

"Of course." She agreed after a few seconds.

"For now, I'm going to go have a shwoer." She added.

"So... I'll ... I'll see you later." She finished with as she got to her feet and started to grab something to get changed into after she was clean - specifically some pjs.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 02:35:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"If you choose to." Alex responded.

He then left her, setting the papers down before he did, making his way back downstairs. He then made his way to the den, and sat down on one of the couches, sighing heavily to himself.

"...at least she has SOME joy in her life now." he said to himself.

"SOME hope..." he went on.

"...I hope this trip is good for her." he then mumbled, hanging his head a little.

His greatest fear was that, if things didn't change soon, she would end up in the hospital. But then he seemed to jolt to life again.

"....will they allow her to go in her current state of health?" he asked the air.

"She's practically malnourished... will they see her as fit to even go?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 02:54:29 )

Madison was silent as the time went by. That wasn't something too surprising, mind. She didn't change compared to how she'd been before since receiving the confirmation of her acceptance.

Lex had expressed concern about her weight to Aimee, who just brushed it off. Madison may be a bit underweight, but they had made sure that she was very capable, physically. She could run and the like with little issues, and she was sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Plus, there were no weight restrictions listed.

So, Madison went.

The day of the first meet up, when everyone was there and before she had a hotel room to stay in (as she was told that she'd receive that information from Vincent) she knocked on the door of the room that everyone was meeting in. She had her luggage with her, but it wasn't too much. A backpack that was hanging off one shoulder, and a moderately sized suitcase. Her red hair was tied back, and she had, of course, the stereotypical French beret on her head as well. Along with that, she ws, of course, wearing stripes (because she'd found quite quickly taht she did like the look of them). She also had shades on, as despite being inside she was right next to a window that was screaming in her face.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 03:09:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few seconds, the door was opened, and she saw a large conference table with 19 people seated around it... leaving 1 empty seat. They all looked at her in unison, before one of the people, a man that looked to be in his late 20's, spoke.

"Ah, you are Madison Kiczys." he said.

"Please, come take a seat." he offered, gesturing to the chair beside him.

"She's the one you chose, Dr. Remmington?" another person asked.

"Indeed." Vincent responded.

"And it was an easy choice, too." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.