Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing One of Your Own

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 09:30:36 )

She was silent as she walked. She didn't know what it was that was going to be found, and didn't even know properly where she was. Alls he knew, was that she was locked out of the hotel she'd been staying at with her parents. They were gone, and now she was alone,a nd she was trying to find her way out of there. She needed to get home, after all, even if she had no idea how to get home...

Or truly where home was. She knew she was vacationing with her parents, but that was about it.

She made her way up to a door, and knocked, hoping someone would be home. Her knocks were light, but frantic. She continued knocking for about a minute before stopping and hooking her auburn hair behind her ears and waiting for whomever was, hopefully, home to answer.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 18:41:15 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Meanwhile, inside the home, there was only one person. A person that had been sound asleep on the couch. However, something had disturbed them mere moments before he heard the knocking on the door (which was good, because otherwise the knocking would have gone unnoticed by him).

"What the!?" he exclaimed, looking around.

"...what is...?" he started to ask, before looking in the direction of the front door, where he'd heard the knocking.

"COMING!" he called out. "GIMME A SECOND!" he added.

He then slowly got up off the couch and quickly gave his body a bit of a stretch, before standing up and straightening out the wrinkles and rumples in his clothes a bit. He then pushed down some of the... wilder... parts of his bedhead, before sighing.

He walked over towards the door and looked out the peephole, only to see... nothing.

"Eh?" he mumbled, before opening the door... and seeing a little girl there.

"Ah?" he muttered, witnessing her.

"Yes? Can I help you?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:25:14 )

She looked up and met his eyes, allowing him to see the almost surreal and ethereal green that she had.

"Hi." She said, trying to speak in French. This was a language she never had a chance to learn, in her own way, as this trip was sprung on her, and she had a choker she literally couldn't remove that was stopping her from using her ... unique... abilities. She couldn't even feel them.

"...I... Uhm... Can... can I use your washroom, please?" She asked, her voice curious. She wanted to get in, dow hat she needed, then get out of his hair. She knew that people weren't too fond of a random person asking to use something of theirs like this. At least back home, she knew that was the case. She couldn't actually say here, of course.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 03:58:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was silent for a moment, before clearing his throat.

"Yes, of course." he responded.

He then stepped out of the way and let her enter, to which she did. He shut the door behind her, and was silent again, before shaking his head.

"Right." he said.

"Bathroom is up the stairs." he told her.

"Turn right, and it's the third door on your right." he said further.

"Got it?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 04:07:02 )

She nodded.

"Thank you." Was all she said before heading off, off to do just what it was that she'd asked for access to do.

While in there, she just sighed and sat on the edge of the tub after doing what she'd needed to.

"I..." She was silent, not sure what to make of all this before just wrapping her arms around her torso. She didn't like what was going on, and it really wasn't hard to believe, at all, to any who knew of her and her situation.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 04:33:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." the man was silent after she'd gone up to do her business.

He sat down in one of the chairs that were nearby, and thought about it.

"....hm." he mumbled.

"I felt... immense power from her." he said.

"For one so young..." he continued, before looking up towards the ceiling.

"......" again, he was silent, before getting up and making his way upstairs, to the bathroom door, and knocking lightly on it.

"Everything all right in there?" he asked through the door.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 04:38:15 )

She let out a light cry of surprise when he knocked, before opening it a moment or two later.

"Y-yes. Sorry about that." She said before stepping past him. When he looked in, he saw nothing was out of place, and there were no new messes or anything.

"Thank you." She then said with a soft smile before heading back for the stairs down.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 04:51:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." again, he was silent for a moment.

"Uh, hey." he said.

"Hold up." he told her.

"Are... are you okay?" he asked.

"You seem a little... nervous? Scared? I dunno, something seems wrong." he commented.

"Where's your home?" he asked her.

"I can help you get there if you need it." he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 04:54:15 )

She was silent for a moment before sighing.

'Canada." She answered after a couple of seconds.

"... I'm... I came to France on a trip with Mom." She added simply as she turned to face him properly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 05:10:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I... ah..." the man stammered.

"I... I see." he said.

"Well, I mean... why are you here?" he asked.

"Which is to say-" he then started to ask further, before pausing and sighing.

"Would it be better if I spoke English?" he asked, switching to the language in question.

"And would you mind answering a few more questions for me?" he asked further.

"Over something to eat or drink if you like?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 05:14:06 )

"I..." She started before sighing.

". . . I am usually a very quick study with languages, but I didn't have my classes before coming here." She then said. "English would be prefered, yes."

".... I ... wouldn't argue to food... either..." She then admitted with an almost sheepish chuckle.

"And... Ask all you want to know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 05:41:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll speak English then." he replied.

"Come on, let's go downstairs." he told her.

The two of them then made their way downstairs, and towards the kitchen.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"How about a nice croque-monsieur?" he asked.

"It's simple, quick, and I have some VERY good cheese for it." he told her.

"And what do you want to drink? Water, milk, or juice?" he then inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 05:43:36 )

"Water, please." Was her response as she sat where he'd motioned to.

"And... Just... make whatever you feel you want to." she added after a moment. It wasn't had to tell that she felt awkward there, probably as if she was in toruble, or that he would be returning her to the home she was overall rather happy to be free of. Even if it was abit sudden.

"I... will just be happy to have something to eat.."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 06:01:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He wouldn't lie to himself, that statement alarmed him.

"........uh.... right." he said.

"Sure thing." he told her.

The first thing he did was give her a tall glass of cold water with ice in it, before starting to make up what he said he would.

"...how long had it been since you've eaten?" he asked.

He was almost scared to know the answer right now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 06:03:04 )

She was silent for a moment, thinking about the answer.

"Uhh.... 2? days I think." She then said.

"But... I not sure. Whenever I was lockedout." She added honestly. "... I think? Two days?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 06:22:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

That answer almost caused him to drop everything he was doing.

"....2 days!?" he exclaimed.

"...wait, locked out!?' he exclaimed further.

He then sighed, took a deep breath, held it, and let it exhale slowly.

"....calm... calm..." he mumbled to himself.

"All right..." he went on, before continuing what he was doing.

"Where... where are your parents...?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 06:25:14 )

". . . . I... " She started before shaking her head.

"I don't know." She told him honestly.

". . . Maybe here? Maybe back in Canada? I don't know." She added, not looking toward him. She didn't like how she'd been abandoned there, and she knew she was. Her one and only friend had told her that on multiple occassions, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 06:47:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, the man was stunned.

"I... I... ah..." he stammered.

"Wow." was all he said.

He didn't know what else to say here, so he ended up making some awkward small talk with her, before bringing her the sandwich he'd made... and made sure it was a little fuller than he'd usually make it.

"Here." he said.

"Oh, one more thing." he added, before disappearing again and coming back with a plate of home-made madeleines he'd made a bit ago.

"Here you go."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 06:50:47 )

"Merci." She said with a soft, rather hesitant, smile. The way she was looking at it was she was a child and shouldn't trust someone else. Not when they are a stranger, at least. At the same time though, she'd been, in essence, left for dead she was sure, so even if he killed her, at least she'd be well fed first.

She took a few bites of the sandwich before looking to him with a puzzled expression.

". . . . Why?" She asked after a second or two. She didn't mean anything by it, was honestly just curious. She wasn't sure why he was helping her as he was, and she was definitely curious as to why.

What did he get out of this?

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 07:19:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Why... what?" he asked in response. "Why am I helping you? Why do I care?" he asked further.

She just nodded.

The man then sighed deeply.

"Because I know the struggle of being left to fend for yourself. Without parents that care for you." he answered her.

"Granted, it's not the exact same situation. My sister and I were all we had. But we had each other. And we lived on the streets like urchins for... well... too long." he admitted.

"Eventually we were found by a kind man that took us in... gave us a home, food, comfort, warmth... things we didn't have." he went on.

"And... we all agreed that the best way to pay him back would be to... pay it forward." he continued.

"So I'm going to show the same kindness that I was shown so long ago. That, and I can't stand the thought of you being lost and alone here, especially when it's on a foreign continent, let alone country..." he then muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.