Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing One of Your Own

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 13:05:04 )

Madison was silent, seeming to not be paying attention for a moment before shaking her head.

"Interesting is one way to put it." She commented before sighing as she crouched down by one of the markings that was lower to the ground.

". . . . ominous is another way." She commented with a light sigh.

"So that's fun." She added before sighing.

... Why do I feel so on edge in here...? she wondered as she looked at the markings around her. She didn't see anything that would illicit feeling quite the way she was.

She almost felt as if something was pulling at her core itself. Which was... odd. Not to mention very uncomfortable.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 22:39:02 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes, it IS certainly concerning." Samuel agreed.

"Can you make anything of it?" he asked her.

"And regardless as to whether you can or not, do you think we should continue?" he asked further.

But then he shone the light further down the corridor... and the light seemed to refract off something.

"Madison!" he exclaimed in a whisper.

"Something IS down there." he told her.

"And whatever it is, refracts light." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 00:27:08 )

Madison looked over to where he was shining the light before getting to her feet properly.

"well, let's go see what it is, then." She said. "Because I'll admit.. I'm damn curious." She added with a light laugh.

After Samuel had agreed, they started down the hall, taking care. Or at least he was.

It seemed, almost as if there was something more at play. By the time they were halfway down the hall, Madison wasn't even trying to take care to make sure she didn't step wrong or anything.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 00:49:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Samuel and Madison continued to walk, until the light made it clear what it was.

It seemed to be a gem... a ruby. And it looked as fine and clear as anything Madison had ever seen.

"By Jove..." Samuel mumbled.

"Such a gem is most certainly of the finest quality." he commented.

"But what is it doing out in the middle of this..." he then wondered, before seeing a door near it that was slightly ajar.

"Madison, do you think that that might be some kind of treasure room?" he asked Madison.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 01:03:21 )

Madison looked toward the door.

"I... yeah. Most likely." She agreed with a nod before approaching the gem. Her steps weren't careful, and as she walked, she stepped on a tile that didn't seem to do anything. Samuel heard it 'click' into place, though.

Nothing was happening, and could easily be believed that the trap had already been taken care of, even if it was just a case of it being connected to another trap or trigger that had been alread dismantled.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 01:27:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....hm?" he mumbled.

"What was...?" he started to ask, before there was another 'click'.

"Madison, perhaps you shouldn't-" he started to say, before the floor started to shake and rumble.

"Madison!" he called to her.

"Get back here!" he said, as the tiles started to shake and rattle.

"...I think the floor is going to give way!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 01:32:55 )

Madison was silent before looking to her feet as the floor started to feel notably weaker.

"SHIT!" She exclaimed before scrambling back to where Samuel was, hoping to make it to safety before the floor gave way - although she could admit that she had no idea where 'safety' was.

She didn't get far either, before the tiles started to fall behind her.

And they caught up.

They caught up quick.

Before anything could be said or done, she was gone, seemingly devoured by the darkness below. A darkness that even Samuel could feel some mana effects from.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 01:49:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"MADISON!" Samuel called down to her.

"MADI-" he yelled again, but to Madison, his words were muddied and echoed... as though she were in deep water, even though she was falling.

However, she wasn't falling for much longer, before she landed on a hard surface... and not very gracefully, either.

She felt a shooting pain through her leg, but before she had a chance to focus on it, she saw a rune start to glow on a wall in the darkness. And another beside it. And another. And another, one after another, until she found herself in a room with no doors.

Like a pit... a pitch-black pit, barely illuminated by the strange and ominous runes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 01:54:07 )

Madison let out a cry of pain as she landed, and felt that sharp pain.

"dammit..." She muttered before trying to get to her feet, finding that it was a notably painful task. She stopped trying thouhg, once the room started to light up a bit.

She looked around, taking in the deep violet hue that was starting to fill the area a bit, and just sighed. As she looked around, she paused, realising what it was that was around her.

... I should hopefully be all right... she thought,r ealising that her mana wasn't there anymore, so she should be all right, right?

But there's no chance I can get up there again...

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 02:14:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as she finished the last thought, she felt the lock inside her.

It hurt. A lot.

It felt like something was tugging at it, trying to break it open... and then she felt like her mana was literally trying to burst out of her... trying to forcibly break the lock from the inside.

And then it happened.

She felt her mana start to immediately leave her... quickly.

It felt just like the time she'd been kidnapped for her mana to be syphoned off, but she could tell that her mana wasn't strong enough to fight THIS off. It was leaving her. Rapidly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 02:32:31 )

She screamed as she felt the lock being shattered, and her mana being drained out of her. She hadn't a chance to feel the power that she naturally had.

... At.... at least... the mana is free... She thought as the weakness from losing the mana, and she realised that it was taking more than just her active mana - even her passive mana to keep her alive - overtook her.

She laid back on the floor, carefully.

She could barely breathe, barely do anything other than lie there, waiting for the death she knew was coming. She couldn't even feel the pain and wahtnot anymore. Her mana being drained at such a rate was making her extremely numb.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 03:02:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

A few seconds later... she felt fine.

Absolutely fine. Relieved, actually.

And the runes were glowing more brightly than ever... illuminating the entire room more than adequately now.

However, she also knew what had happened... and she saw her body on the floor.

"...hello, again." a voice greeted her.

"Though I wish it could have been under better circumstances." they added with a heavy sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 03:08:13 )

Madison was completely silent as she saw her body, took in what it was that she could see.

"I..." She started before sighing lightly.

". . . I'm sorry." She said quietly, no tears in her voice.

"We knew it would happen at some point... but..." She just sighed before turning to face her old friend.

"I ... suppose we should... just go." She added, some heaviness to her voice, but acceptance, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 03:26:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory just sighed heavily.

"I'm sorry as well." he told her.

"But... yes." he said.

"If you wish to just go... we'll go." he told her, raising his scythe.

"I'll make it quick, so it'll be instant." he then assured her.

With that, Madison closed her eyes tightly, and could almost feel the blade cutting through the air... seconds before she heard a loud 'clanging' sound.

She opened her eyes to reveal that she was still there... there was something that looked like a yellow and blue shepherd's crook coming from out of nowhere blocking Gregory's blade...

...and Gregory looked VERY nervous, suddenly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 03:33:07 )

Madison was silent before pausing and looking to the crook. She remained silent as she turned to face the one that was there.

"... I... I though that you and your kin were... Gone." She commented offhandedly.

"... What brings you here? I'm just a teen that met her end too early."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 03:53:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that was there was... oddly shadowed, despite the glowing of the runes. It was as though their presence was draining the area of light... or the runes of their power, at least.

But she saw two glowing eyes in the darkness as well.

The figure seemed to ignore Madison at first, before moving Gregory's scythe back towards him.

"....leave." they said in a commanding tone. "I will deal with this matter personally." they went on.

"Y-y-yes. R-right away." Gregory stammered.

"Bye, Madison." he said to Madison, before disappearing.

And then the one that remained sighed, before the darkness started to disappear, revealing the body of a toned, tanned man in what looked like traditional Ancient Egyptian garb... but with a black head of a jackal.

"...most people think that." he told her, addressing her first statement.

"And something has happened that shouldn't have happened." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 03:56:53 )

Madison just sighed as Gregory was told to leave, along with being told as she was.

"What have I done in my life to warrant being sheparded by Inpu himself?" She asked, her voice curious.

"I ... never thought I did anything that monumental." She added with a light, hesitant, chuckle.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 04:19:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." he was silent, before sighing.

"Firstly, I appreciate being called Inpu." he told her. "Been a while since THAT'S happened." he admitted, his tone FAR more casual now... almost jarringly so.

"Secondly, did you not hear me before?" he asked.

"Something has happened here that shouldn't have happened." he told her.

"What happened here? You died." he went on.

"I'm here to correct this little error of fate." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 04:22:18 )

Madison just shrugged.

". . . my best friend for the longest time was someone who worshipped you and your kin." She commented, her voice getting a bit quiet.

"And... what's the point...? I died.. it happened." She added. It wasn't hard to tell that there was pain to her voice before pausing.

"Wait... error of fate...?" She asked

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 04:37:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That is what I said." he responded.

"You died here." he told her.

"You were not the one meant to die here." he went on.

"The one you were with was meant to." he continued.

"People die. Sometimes unexpectedly. This is fate, this is life, this is death, it happens." he went on.

"But when someone dies in place of another... especially when it is unforeseen... that becomes a problem." he told her further.

"So I am here to correct that."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.