Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing One of Your Own

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 04:41:13 )

Madison was silent for a mometn ebfore meeting his gaze.

". . . Samuel was meant to die?" She asked him.

"I..." She paused before meting his gaze again.

"I... have no idea what to think of that." She admitted.

"But.. all right. If you'll rez me, that... really would be appreciated. Before I go though, can I make a request?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 04:58:56 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" he was silent for a moment, after hearing what she asked for at the end.

"A request?" he asked.

"I make no guarantees." he told her.

"But I'll humour you by listening to it." he said further, before looking at her body.

"....hmmmm." he murmured.

"A lock." he said.

"Troublesome." he commented further.

"Yep, going to need to deal with that." he added with a small nod.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 05:17:26 )

Madison was silent.

"Wait... what?" She asked.

"Deal with the lock...?" She wasn't sure what it was that was entirely involved in that, but she knew it was something, at least. If that could be broken, she'd be eternally in his debt.

"I mean... if you can remove the lock... that's great, but... I was assuming... that it was to stay and wanted to ask for a chance to sit with Gregory for a bit... before I was revived. I ... he's one of my best friends, and I haven't spoken to him, barring just before you arrived, fo ryears."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 05:38:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." he was silent for a moment, before laughing out loud.

It was a legitimate laugh, and it seemed to be genuine amusement... but it was laced with an ominous undertone... which was probably just because of who he was.

"IF I can remove it?" he asked.

"This lock is mere child's play for me!" he declared.

He then looked over towards her, and pointed the curved end of his crook at her... and as he did so, she saw a literal lock form on her chest, with several chains extending from it, and wrapping around her torso... though her arms were still free to move about.

"Now. Let's get rid of that nuisance." he commented.

He then lifted his other hand up slightly, palm up, and she saw a dense black orb form above it. She could tell it was necromantic mana... but it was so so powerful and dense, it felt like it could crush her just by being in the mere vicinity of it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 05:41:31 )

Madison was silent, looking at the orb.

". . . . I get the feeling that if you were to not wish to be nice, that there would be quite a threat in your hand." She commented.

"Because.... damn. I feel like, were I alive, that would just crush me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 06:00:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...that's because it would." he replied.

He then looked at the orb, and she saw it get reduced by half.

And again. And again. And again. So many times it was unreal.

Eventually, he stopped when all that remained was a mere sliver of what had been there previously. She could barely even see it, but she knew it was there.

She could feel it.

"All right." he said.

"This should be enough." he told her.

"You'll be able to integrate this into your mana, and then it'll be strong enough to break that lock." he explained, looking back at the young lady.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 06:02:51 )

"I..." MAdison started before pausing a moment.

"say what now?" She asked.

"Is... that what I suspect it might be?" She asked, her voice curious, and almost uneasy. There was no way for her to know completely, after all. She did have her suspicions though, that it was some of his own mana.

"And... are you sure you want to do that, for someone as minimal as I?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 06:26:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It is." he replied.

"It is a fraction of a portion of a..." he started to say, before pausing.

"It is some of my mana. A minuscule amount." he confirmed.

"And I AM sure." he told her.

"Trust me when I say that you are not minimal. You play a VERY important role in the future, and while that lock may be something that your deities are forbidden from interfering with... I am not one of them." he continued.

"So breaking it is fair game." he said further, and she could hear the smirk in his tone.

"Teach that meddling dark elf a thing or two." he muttered.

"Regardless, this is going to be uncomfortable, and it's going to hurt." he warned her.

"I'd brae myself, if I were you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 06:36:33 )

Madison didn't dwell on what he'd said about being a big piece of the puzzle before just steeling her nerves with a breath and nodding.

"Might knock me on my ass, so to speak - possibly literally - but I'll deal." She said simply as a means of saying that she was ready. She knew she couldn't delay for too long, after all.

He looked to her before nodding and she felt the mana hit the lock. There was nothing for a few seconds, before the lock exploded. When it did, Madison's world was nothing but pain - but she didn't drop.

She tensed, immensely, but she remained on her feet through it, just closing her eyes and focusing on her breathing, even if it was a task. Her hands were in tight enough fists that were she in her body, her nails would have certainly drawn blood.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 06:54:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She had no idea how long she was in such pain, before it suddenly just... faded.

"And we're done with THAT." he said.

"Cool." he went on.

When she opened her eyes, she felt like... herself, again. Though she was still out of her body.

"Now to return you to your little container." he continued.

"By the way, you received a MASSIVE boost, as I'm sure you can tell." he then said.

"Careful not to overuse it too soon. Let your body and soul acclimate to it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 06:56:08 )

Madison just looked to her hands, trying to take it in, adjust.

"Put a stopper on my mana for awhile. Gotcha." She said with a nod, and he could hear that she would do it seriously.

"thank you... just... thank you." She said.

"If there is ever a way that I can repay this... let me know. I am in your debt."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 07:26:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Mmhmm." he responded.

"Oh, when you wake up, there's gonna be a massive pulse of mana that'll shake the pyramid." he told her.

"When you're asked about it, say that the lock reacted badly with the runes, and a massive backfire happened." he told her further.

"And all the mana traps in the pyramid will be disabled from the pulse as well." he added.

"Now, when you open your eyes, you'll be in your body again." he finished.

Then, before she could say anything, he whacked the back of her head with his crook, and her world was black once more.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 07:30:40 )

Madison hadn't the time to argue that no one knew of the lock, before she'd been hit.

Up above, Michelle looked to Vincent as she stood at the edge of the flooring. She was back a few paces, enough that she wasn't right on the edge, but she was close enough to look down.

"Vincent, I'm just going to ---" She started before everything shook. There was a pulse of mana, and they both could identify that. Perfectly.

"What the hell was THAT!?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 07:49:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

They almost fell over from the pulse, and Vincent was silent for a moment.

"I do not know." he replied.

"And I am nervous about finding out." he said.

Meanwhile, down in the pit, Madison heard light tapping on one of the walls... as though someone were tapping an implement on it... mere moments before a part of the wall slid open, revealing a spiral staircase.

And at the exact same time, a panel slid open near Vincent and crew, revealing a spiral staircase down.

"....hm." Vincent mumbled, seeing it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 07:58:10 )

Madison was silent for a moment before chuckling lightly.

"Thank you, Inpu." She said quietly before getting to her feet, carefully. As she put her weight on her pained leg, she nearly collapsed from the pain.

"Ah damn.." She muttered before something rolled over toward her. A staff. It looked rather ornate, being jewled and carved, but she didn't care.

"And again... thank you." She said quietly to the shadows around her, realising that he was most likely still there for the moment.

Carefully, using the staff, she got to her feet. She found it did help, but obviously wasn't a perfect solution.

Once on her feet, she looked around.

--

Michelle looked between the men she was with before sighing.

"Shall we?" She asked.

"Madison may be down there, we owe it to her to at least check." Samuel commented. Vincent nodded.

"I concur." the older mage stated. Michelle nodded before heading to the new doorway, the pair following.

As they reached the bottom, the room was completely dark... before ... it wasn't. There was a finger snap, before the negative light was replaced gradually with a more natural looking light. Revealing Madison in the middle fo the room, with the staff.

"Hey." She said, sounding a bit rough, tired, and certainly looking like she'd just falling a floor or two - and not landing well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 08:21:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Madison!" Vincent exclaimed, rushing towards her.

"Are you all right!?" he asked her.

"What happened!?" he asked further.

Samuel, meanwhile, looked around the room.

"...this looks like a rather ornate pit trap." he commented.

"I'm... amazed Madison survived it." he said further.

"This is truly a wonder... both this AND her." he added, looking towards Madison again.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 08:26:01 )

Michelle meanwhile, was completely silent for a moment.

"Vincent... stop." She said before he reached the teen.

"We don't know if this is Madison." She added, her tone wary.

Madison just sighed before looking toward Michelle as Vincent stopped and stepped back a pace or two.

". . . Why don't you believe I'm me?" Madison asked, her voice curious.

". . . Madison isn't a mage." Michelle answered bluntly. Madison just sighed.

"I am. Actually." She said. "Always have been. Necromancer."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 08:47:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Vincent was silent for a moment.

"I know." he said.

"Madison." he addressed the girl.

"If you ARE Madison..." he continued.

"Tell me, why did I accept you for this dig?" he asked.

"What put you above the others?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 08:49:52 )

Madison just paused.

"Considering my fall, the pain in my leg and the knock to my head as a result, you really think I can pull that up?" She asked, sounding a bit annoyed before sighing.

"But... Fuck... wasn't it because I stood out as being more legit than the others? I ... dammit, I honestly can't recall anything better or more specific." She added before shaking her head lightly - an action that she very quickly regretted.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 09:05:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent was silent, before sighing.

"....hm." he mumbled.

"That was a vague answer." Samuel responded.

"Ah!" he then said, snapping his fingers.

"Do you remember what Dr. Kenzey said about you on one of the drives here?" he asked her.

"Specifically, why she was glad you are as young as you are?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.