Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Vaughn's Memory

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 03:09:36 )

Vaughn sat by the fire in Valentina's workshop, watching her work away at a little pet project of hers. It was an enormous sleigh with all sorts of gizmos and gadgets which, knowing Valentina, did a variety of cool tricks. He gazed in fascination at her working on something so elaborate, thinking back to the sleigh he built himself and had ridden on many snowy Solstice days.

- - -

With Solstice comes a lot of traditions and activities that spark joy in everyone. One such activity that most children looked forward to was rushing up the snowy hills with their new toy sleds. Joyful laughter could be heard in every direction as children raced down the hills and landed in piles of soft, powdery snow.

For Vaughn, sledding was his most favorite memory of the past Solstice seasons. It felt like flying, especially on large hills that allowed the kids to perform small tricks on snow banks.

While parents sat nearby watching out for their young ones, the kids all gathered together to discuss the rules for their upcoming race.

Vaughn took a deep breath and raised his hand, revealing his index finger. "Rule Number One! No cheating! I'm looking at you, Marty!" A young, red nosed boy sniffled and looked down at his shoes in shame. "It was one time, Vaughn!"

"Rule Number Two!" Vaughn shouted, ignoring Marty's plea of innocence. "You gotta reach the end without crashing! If you crash, you're disqualified!"

A young girl with poofy blond hair and big, round glasses exclaimed, "But Vaughn, we're kids! We're probably gonna crash! That's a dumb rule."

Vaughn rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine, Marie, you guys can crash. But just don't get in the way of the others!"

"One last rule! The most important rule of all, so pay attention!" All the kids grouped closer around Vaughn, eager to hear the "most important rule."

"You gotta... ride all the way down the hill..." The kids bobbed up and down impatiently waiting. "Blindfolded!"

Shouts of protest came from all the kids at Vaughn's last rule. "B-but that's not safe Vaughn, we could really get hurt!" one of the kids nervously explained.

Vaughn stared at them in all seriousness for a minute... then burst into laughter. "I'm just teasing you all! The last rule is obviously to just have fun! That's what Solstice Sledding is about!"

Marty, the kid earlier accused of cheating, looked puzzled. "I thought the point was to win?"

The other kids rolled their eyes and laughed, turning to rush up the hill and take their places. Vaughn made sure they were all lined up and ready with their sleds, then started the countdown. "Alright everybody! On my go! One... Two... Three... GO!" Everyone clamored down the hill, their hearts and minds suddenly filled with happiness, determination to win a race long forgotten.

Vaughn stayed back, deciding not to start with the others so he could enjoy the hill all by himself. Pure glee lit up his face as he hurtled towards the bottom of the hill, the chilly wind stinging his face.

- - -

A loud clang brought Vaughn back to present time. "Valentina? What was that?" He looked around and couldn't see her so he got up to inspect the sleigh. She wasn't in there either, so she must have left and made the noise as she was leaving. He took a slight peek in the sleigh, smiling at the genius that was Valentina's invention. If only he'd had a sleigh like this when he was a kid...

Shaking his head, Vaughn chuckled and sat back down by the fire.

Art by Saeyra

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 03:09:56 )
Summary
Vaughn, being a lover of all things sledding, would love to see Volties create their own sled!
Use all your creativity and ideas to create the best sled you can!

Today's Game... BUILD YOUR OWN SLED!
Not necessarily a puzzle, but more of a craft project!
Provided for you are two images of sleds, one more ornate and the other more simple.
Also provided are some accessories you can use to decorate your sled!
However, you don't have to use any of these images if you don't want to!
Feel free to draw/craft your sled any way you want, with any program/medium you choose!

You have 24 hours to craft your sled before the next thread is unlocked and this one locked.

Prize
Everyone who attempts to craft their own sled will receive the EI Vaughn's Memory
Additional copies can be bought in Joyful Jamboree.

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 03:10:08 )
Build Your Own Sled

Images courtesy of...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 03:35:30 )
Did I make it? I missed the others xc
Been too tired to really get on after work..

Going to try to participate!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 03:54:54 )
I may have gone a little overboard

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 04:50:57 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Omg, Vaughn’s story and activity are just tldr moods. xD Good luck to anyone completing that activity. I’m going to take the easy route and just buy his event item.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 05:44:12 )

lol this is so ugly y’all

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 06:02:53 )

My Entry!

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 06:13:32 )
@Godawful: That is the cutest!

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 06:26:10 )

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 06:48:54 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Astrologer x3 | Capricorn | Scorpio

daw i like your sled starlight.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 10:50:58 )

Oh god, this is a hard one to do hahahha

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 15:50:18 )

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 17:20:14 )
Ahahahaaa this is great. All the sleds posted already are wonderful!
ping me for best results

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 18:39:33 )

Beautiful. A masterpiece.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 18:42:06 )

Okaaay this was a bit of fun
would add more detail if I wasn't lazy xD

*edit
oh my god, Goblin lmao

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 19:29:05 )

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 22:37:46 )

@Goblin: oh my god i need that sled like right now i will offer u all of my love

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/3 02:33:19 )

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/3 03:29:34 )

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.