Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Volkan's Memory

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 02:09:45 )

Mayor Volkan sat in his office, looking out of his window at the gently falling snow. The winter solstice was as much a time for celebration as it was one of reflection on the times gone by, and this year’s solstice was no different. He took a sip of the hot chocolate Vanora had made for him just a few moments ago, reveling in the sweet warmth it brought.

“And to think so much time has passed already…my, I really am getting on the years…” he chuckled softly to himself.

He sighted a few children out and about, making snow angels, snowmen and having snowball fights here and there. It was an endearing sight, and the happiness brought a smile to his face, and his thoughts went to one fateful night, many years ago…

Young Volkan sat in front of the small fireplace, his family’s ramshackle home still feeling quite chilly despite the flame. His father was out, no doubt in search of more twigs and, with luck, some leftovers from the more charitable families. The young boy shivered as he tried to keep warm, only to jump when the door slammed wide open.

His father walked in, setting down a bundle of twigs before going over to pat his son’s head, his hearty laugh booming in the admittedly small house.

“Get your coat ready, son! The mayor’s invited everyone to a big winter solstice dinner at his home!” he exclaimed before Volkan could say anything in response.

He tried to get a word in, ask what his father meant, but the question died when his father produced an old tattered cloak from under Volkan’s bedroll, draped it over him and hurriedly carried him out on his shoulders.

Volkan and his father spoke little on the road to the mayor’s home, the young man kept mostly quiet by his father regaling him with how so many people were already there celebrating. The sparkling lights and décor gracing the various homes they passed also kept him silent in awe. Soon enough they had already arrived, and almost immediately the two were led to the buffet and given plates heaped with delicious food. The dinner itself was extravagant, with the mayor’s mansion serving as a bright backdrop to the festivities.

As Volkan ate, he looked at the mayor’s brightly-lit home, and to the happy faces of those around him. With each bite of the delicious food on his plate, he swore to one day that he too would become mayor. To not only have a great home but be able to bring such warmth and joy to those around him at the same time was, in his young mind, an amazingly noble goal.

“Hey dad?” Volkan spoke, pausing from his meal. He looked up at his father who stopped eating to see what his son wanted. “One day, I’m gonna be mayor! I’ll make people happy just like what he did today…” The older man only smiled, freeing up one of his hands to pat Volkan’s head.

“I’m sure you’ll make a great mayor, son.”

Volkan blinked at the sudden memory. He lifted his mug of hot chocolate up to his lips, only to shiver when it reached him, letting out a dejected sigh afterwards. “Oh dear…it’s gone cold…”

art by Q t e a p o n

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 02:10:29 )
Summary
Volkan grew up very poor and their family often begged for scraps during holidays.
One fair Solstice the Mayor decided to host a feast for the less fortunate.
Seeing such hospitality had sparked a dream for Volkan to become a Mayor.

Today's Game... WORD SEARCH!
Find the words from the story in the word search.

You'll have 24 hours to try the game, before the thread is locked and the next thread starts.

Prize
Everyone who attempts to solve at least one of the puzzles will receive the EI Volkan's Memory
Additional copies can be bought in Joyful Jamboree.

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 02:10:44 )
WORD SEARCH

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 02:21:17 )

°<°art by KeturahπŸ–€πŸ¦–πŸ–€

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 02:35:02 )

β”€β–’β”œ Hangout with me! β”€β–’β”œ

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 02:48:01 )
─ β”€β”€β”€β”œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€ ─

─ β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”œβ”€β”€ ─
● sry, i'm not that interesting ●
also please ping me

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 02:55:59 )
Oooh, another fun puzzle! Volkan's dad seems like such a loving man.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 02:59:23 )

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 03:17:43 )
TSUN β˜… TSUN β˜… TSUN (β‰–οΈΏβ‰–βœΏ)

Ugh, Volkan is such a creep. Watching children like that and forcing his daughter to make him hot chocolate. No one cares about his evil beginnings. DOWN WITH VOLKAN!!!

(✿ β™‘β€Ώβ™‘) DERE β˜… DERE β˜… DERE

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 03:26:53 )

buying art selling things

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 03:43:21 )

little volkan is so cute oh my gosh
bless u volkan uwu

Shop | Art Thread | Art by me~ | Used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 04:09:09 )

Volkan was such a cute little boy. ;-;

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 04:10:55 )

β˜…~~Questing~~β˜…

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 04:39:25 )

took a lil while to figure out the thin lined ones XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 04:59:28 )

yay new game!

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 05:22:08 )
Completed!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 05:30:18 )

volkan trying to endear himself to us now that we're on to him

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 05:42:25 )
@Tsundererra: I knew you would be in this thread spreading your filth.
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 05:58:25 )
TSUN β˜… TSUN β˜… TSUN (β‰–οΈΏβ‰–βœΏ)

@Laufeia: And I knew you’d pop up in here and defend his corrupt purple haired butt. :T Do you see how easily he was swayed by money and owning stuffs? Such a greedy man.

(✿ β™‘β€Ώβ™‘) DERE β˜… DERE β˜… DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/31 06:23:13 )

Eyy

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.