Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Violet's Memory

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:25:20 )

“Hmm… A little to the left… My left!”

“We have the same left, we’re facing the same way…” Virgil grumbled under his breath as he adjusted a festive tchotchke on the shelf.

“I guess you’re RIGHT about that!” She laughed, earning another scoff from Virgil. Ignoring his sour mood, she cupped her cheeks and let out a dreamy sigh, “Isn’t it wonderful that Solstice is finally here…? I think it might be my favourite holiday, it’s always so much fun…”

Turning from his stocking duties, Virgil shot her a confused glare, “Since when? Solstice always sucked.”

Violet returned it with a sly smile as she waves her hand dismissively, “Yes Virgil, I know, I know. The evils of capitalism corrupted it, spare me the rant. It’s how we’re keeping the lights on,” she grinned playfully when he grunted in displeasure,, “But what isn't to love? The singing, the cheer, the beautiful decorations, and how it truly brings people together... Ah! Like that year we got gifts? Remember?”

“Children! Come join us by the fire!”

At the command of their mother, two children ran into the sitting room without hesitation. Stopping in unison, they bowed their heads before her, "Hello mother and father."

Their mother smiled warmly, giving them both a gentle pat on the head, “With the year coming to an end, now is the perfect time to reflect on how it was spent. As a family, let us review all your accomplishments this year, and discuss how we’d like to approve for the next. Violet, let’s hear you first.”

Violet beamed with excitement as she was addressed, but calmed herself, wanting to seem poised as she answered, “Teacher said I’m already top of the class! I’m studying advanced magic, and learned some conjuring. Look!” She smiled, demonstrating as she manifested a couple snowflakes between her hands. She smiled up at her parents as they clapped approvingly.

“Very good, Violet,” Her father nodded, before his eyes shifted to Virgil, “And how about you, son?”

Virgil shifted nervously beside his sister, almost seeming to hide behind her as he was addressed. Swallowing hard, he straightened out, trying to hide the nervous waiver of his voice, “I’m… Still trying to learn conjuring too… But teacher says I’ve gotten better with the fundamentals! And I’m doing good in math...”

“Ah ah… Well in math…” His mother corrected.

“Well in math!” He nodded hurriedly.

“Well, I suspect you know that we expect a better performance from you…” His father said sternly, before softening his expression when Virgil nodded even harder, “Good, I believe you… Now, we don’t often do this but… Your mother and I have a surprise for you both.”

A small gift box was gently placed into each of their hands. They waited until their mother gave a nod of approval, and both eager tore off the paper. Violet’s eyes lit up excitedly as she found a smaller box inside, and opening the lid revealed a sparkling white gold necklace, “Oh, it’s wonderful! Thank you so much, mother and father! I’ll take very good care of it!”

“We know you will, we're very proud of you Violet…” Her mother smiled warmly, before turning her attention to her son. She offered him the same smile, “What do you think of your gift, Virgil?”

“Ah…” He sounded weakly as he gazed down at the book in his hands. Flipping through the pages, it quickly became apparent what it was: a planner. He glanced over to Violet’s gift, before looking up at his mother and giving her a weak smile, “Thank you…”

She gently ran her fingers through his hair encouragingly, “This is a very practical gift, you’ll thank us someday… It’s going to help you catch up to your sister easier. I know you’re both destined for success, and will achieve great things. I would do anything to ensure it.”

Giving one last look down at the planner, the boy responded in a faint voice, “I’ll try…”

art by ghost

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:25:43 )
Summary
Violet reminisces to a past Solstice when she and Virgil were children.
They each received gifts from their parents.
Violet got a necklace and praise, whereas Virgil got a planner and a pep talk.

Today's Game... SNOWFLAKE MATCH!
Each snowflake has a corresponding shadow.
Try to find the correct shadow for each snowflake.

You'll have 24 hours to try the game, before the thread is locked and the next thread starts.

Prize
Everyone who attempts to solve at least one of the puzzles will receive the EI Violet's Memory
Additional copies can be bought in Joyful Jamboree.

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:25:57 )
Snowflake Match

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:31:25 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

1 - D
2 - A
3 - G
4 - C
5 - H
6 - B
7 - F
8 - E

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:31:51 )
1 - D
2 - A
3 - G
4 - C
5 - H
6 - B
7 - F
8 - E

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:32:03 )
─ ──┤ ├────────── ─

1 and D - 2 and A - 3 and G - 4 and C - 5 and H - 6 and B - 7 and F - 8 and E

─ ──────────┤├── ─
● sry, i'm not that interesting ●
also please ping me

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:34:04 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Oof, my heart hurts for my sweet little Virgil. ):
Violet sucks for not noticing how crap he got treated compared to her, and his parents just suck overall.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:39:23 )
Aha! New thread, new memory, new puzzle!

1 & D
2 & A
3 & G
4 & C
5 & H
6 & B
7 & F
8 & E

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:49:50 )
1D
2A
3G
4C
5H
6B
7F
8E

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:51:01 )

The announcement led me to an error no page exists link for some reason. i don't know if it did that to others. but thought i should mention it ^^

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:56:48 )

1- D
2- A
3- G
4- C
5- H
6- B
7- F
8- E

Poor Virgil!! My precious shy artist <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 01:01:11 )

1D
2A
3G
4C
5H
6B
7F
8E

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 01:06:15 )
Shadami:
The announcement led me to an error no page exists link for some reason. i don't know if it did that to others. but thought i should mention it ^^

Yes, I got this error too... for this thread and yesterday's, From QTeapon's announcement tag thinger

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 01:10:06 )

aw, sweet little virgil ): i want to protect him and give him a big hug aw

1 - D
2 - A
3 - G
4 - C
5 - H
6 - B
7 - F
8 - E

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 01:23:57 )

@Wildfire: OH! i didn't realize there were two xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 01:26:26 )
◆ ❅ ◆ ❅ ◆

:c
My poor precious love.
No wonder he's a lil grumpy butt.

◆ ❅ ◆ ❅ ◆

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 02:02:25 )

1D
2A
3G
4C
5H
6B
7F
8E

Why does everyone have bad parents? T-T And don't be mad at Violet she's just a baby too.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 02:15:02 )

Definitely not mad at Violet, just feel bad for Virgil

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 02:25:23 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Woodland Fae | Fall Harvest | Sticky Fingers | Leo | Astrologer x3 | Capricorn

Anarchist Beauty:
◆ ❅ ◆ ❅ ◆

:c
My poor precious love.
No wonder he's a lil grumpy butt.

◆ ❅ ◆ ❅ ◆

i know right, poor kid didn't even have a chance to enjoy christmas

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 02:45:23 )
◆ ❅ ◆ ❅ ◆

@star2000shadow: I will gives him my loves to make up for it.

◆ ❅ ◆ ❅ ◆

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.