Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 17:31:26 )
Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
What are you doing?

Do you participate in setting New Year Resolutions?
Do you do resolutions only at the new year, or during other times of the year?
If so, what do you hope to do, accomplish, or change in the new year 2020?

Did you make resolutions for 2019?
How did your resolutions go?
Did you keep them?
Did you learn anything from the process of making-trying-keeping/not keeping your resolutions?
If you don't do the resolution thing, is there any particular reason why?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 17:34:06 )
I do tend to make resolutions and find that the New Year is a good time of year to do it, simply because most of the world "shuts down" and it provides an opportunity to slow down and think about what I might want to accomplish in the new year. But, I've also made resolutions at other times of the year too - like around my birthday, or at other times when I feel like it's time to change things up, or become more focused on accomplishing a particular goal.

This year, I'd like to finish a couple of projects I started last year, and maybe tackle learning a new language.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 17:34:32 )
-reserved thread, in case I decide I want or need it-

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 17:34:58 )
~ OPEN for chatting ~

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 17:46:57 )
@koneko: It is a good time of year to reflect, isn't it? There's just something about the transition between one year and the next...

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 18:07:59 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I got invited out, but I might stay in and watch the New Year’s party in NYC on TV. It all depends on how social I’m feeling. x__x

I usually set resolutions, but oooof, I forget about them by mid-February. But does that stop me from setting them every year? Nope. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 18:23:38 )

I know better than to set resolutions for myself, lol. I do like to reflect on the year and revise strategies however.

I don't have any plans new years so it's probably gonna just be playing video games as per usual.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 21:45:11 )

@Tsundererra: I’m going to a Chinese place in falls church for NYE. Where did you get invited out to?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 21:47:29 )

I normally don’t travel for the New Years but still year I’m going to be in the DC area. So I’m having Chinese food as my meal. Going have some duck! I’ll reflect on the year as I always do. Stay up until midnight to see the new year and then go to bed.
On New Year’s Day I tend to be positive about the new year. I hope that 2020 is a good year. It’s a year we have been waiting for! I don’t think I have any resolutions.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 21:49:19 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Ooooh, which Chinese place are you going to?
I got invited to a friend’s party, though she wanted to go out for shopping and bubble tea before it starts. I might join her for that, but ooof, not feeling like partying much these days.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 21:52:21 )

@Tsundererra: I haven’t had boba in a while. I could really go for it.
I’m going to Peaking Gourmet Inn. Have you ever been?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 21:56:23 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Ohhh, I think my friend and her partner ate there in July. They really liked the food there. I haven’t been though.
You should go get some after you eat Chinese, there are plenty of boba options in that area. There’s Shilla, Teas’s You (they have good macarons), and Breeze (my personal fav).

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 21:59:48 )

@Tsundererra: the Bay Area has soo many boba places it’s crazy. But I might want it after dinner.
I found out about the place because Reddit said it’s one of the best Chinese restaurants in the DMV and they have Peaking Duck with ‘pancakes’ which I love. It’s more like an unwrapped spring roll then a breakfast pancake.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 22:14:35 )

@kiwi: I hope that you do. You deserve it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 22:16:54 )
@Tsundererra: I understand about "how you're feeling at that time" but it doesn't make for good planning for things like New Years Eve!

@Priestess of Pie: Yes, I like the idea of revisiting and reviewing the year, whether or not I set actual goals for myself.

@koneko: Yes! I think it's more than just the calendar, though... there seems to be this pause between christmas and the new year...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 22:17:39 )
@kiwi: Oh yeah... I'm with you on that one. It's a subtle, multi-faceted goal too... Are you writing out specifics?
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 22:25:57 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I knew it was good, but I didn’t know so many people were raving about it. I’ll have to try it out, but if I remember properly, it’s one of those upscale places... which means I can’t eat alone and I have to dress up. )x Gonna check if they do take out.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 22:27:04 )

@kiwi: ^-^
I'm looking forward to a blue wave in 2020. We need it. I'm hoping that people start taking climate change more seriously and on a personal note I hope that I get a good job. I like being a temp and that's ok but I want good pay as well. I need to start saving my money. But I need to make more in the first place.
@Tsundererra: Oh I didn't know it was upscale. Thanks for letting me know because I'm coming right from the airport lol. Maybe you could get something from there to go?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 22:27:56 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: If I was hanging out one on one with someone, I would prolly give something more definitive, but if it’s a party with a ton of people, I’m lax. My friends understand how my social anxiety is, which is why I’m going shopping and boba drinking before the party.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 22:29:34 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: My friend and her partner dressed up nicely, but she was also meeting his parents. It sounds like an upscale, white cloth place. I don’t even know if places like that do take out, but wouldn’t hurt to ask.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.