Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 22:33:05 )
@kiwi: Yeah... I find that the more specific the goal, the better. If it's vague "take care of myself", it leaves too much room for interpretation day to day.
I haven't had a chance yet to think about the new year and what I would like to accomplish other than finishing a couple projects that are mid-process.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 23:37:50 )

@Tsundererra: most restaurants let you order a meal or two over the phone and then you can pick it up. I worked at a nice restaurant and they did that even though most people ate in.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 23:40:26 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: That’s good to know. I’ve only ever dined in at nice places, and I know we get boxes to take leftovers home, but I didn’t know the take out situation.
I need to plan a cheat day from my super low sodium diet to eat some of their food.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 00:34:58 )
@koneko: Halloween is quite a magical time of year!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 06:11:07 )

Wildfire:
[color=#158000]Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
What are you doing?

Do you participate in setting New Year Resolutions?
Do you do resolutions only at the new year, or during other times of the year?
If so, what do you hope to do, accomplish, or change in the new year 2020?

Did you make resolutions for 2019?
How did your resolutions go?
Did you keep them?
Did you learn anything from the process of making-trying-keeping/not keeping your resolutions?
If you don't do the resolution thing, is there any particular reason why?

1) my plans for the new year include drinking with my brother. Something we have never done. And playing smash brothers and Mario kart. We're going to have a tournament.

2) I try to set resolutions for myself all the time. But I get so busy I fail... New year's are just kind of a easy remembering point to make big ones .

3) I can't recall what last year's resolutions were. I do know I failed the big one. Lose weight.bbecause. pfffh I gained a baby. [/color]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 13:54:11 )
@Shadami: Oh, I understand! But you have young children right now too. It's difficult to be consistent about much of anything -especially for or concerning yourself (keeping resolutions, taking a shower...) - when you're adjusting to the kids' needs all the time. I find that it helps if I write my goals down, but also if I give myself a little leeway or change the wording (and my attitude) about it. For example, instead of "lose weight" (which I also need to do), I'll try to phrase it more "eat healthier & take a walk each day; I'll feel better, look better, ..."
Your plans for New Years Eve sound fun!! I hope you enjoy yourself and get some good sibling time in!!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 15:17:03 )

New year's is certainly going to be interesting at least. XD

I have been trying to start a bullet journal to see if that helps me. I enjoy making the pages. But so far I'm not being consistent in using it. When we move I am for sure going to make a designated bullet journal station so that I can focus and remember it.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 15:17:44 )

Oh and I'm hoping to draw more this year as well

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 15:23:08 )
@Shadami: Yes, the bullet journal helps me track the things I want to track, but you do need to use it. I leave mine on the corner of the breakfast bar as a reminder. Something else that helps sometimes, is to have an "accountability buddy" to help you remember your goals and help keep you on track. It sounds like a couple of your goals are in line with mine; if you want to try this, I'm willing...

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 17:48:34 )

@Wildfire: I'd be up for that. I don't really have someone to help me keep on track. I did once and I lost 30 pounds. :)

My apartment is an attrocious disaster. It's one of the things I'm trying to fix (also get a house)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 21:25:31 )
@Shadami: Sounds good to me. How far do you want to take the accountability - checking in once a week? daily? And how specific do you want to get?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 23:14:13 )

@Wildfire: my dad has a food addictS group and they check in daily. So it's the only guideline I've got xDid be fine with that probably, or I'd you'd rather weekly. I tend to forget things by myself which Isa struggle

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 23:57:46 )
@Shadami: You're distracted with little ones. It melts your brain, your concentration, and your memory. How about we touch base whenever we run in to each other here. Except for a trip I have planned at the beginning of January, I should be around daily or alternate days.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 00:49:11 )

@Wildfire: that sounds good to me :]

i'm actually attempting to keep a blog now as well as a general staying in touch with myself and getting healthier mentally and physically.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 13:04:04 )
@Shadami: Taking just a couple minutes, maybe a couple times a day, can go a long way to making sure you're still in line with your goals!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 16:26:49 )
Hopefully I can get better at it with help. :)

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 19:35:11 )

@Wildfire: I'll probbaly try to get some sketches done today since drawing and improving their is part of my goal ^^
Not finishing the pieces, but getting some layouts done.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 22:30:54 )
@Shadami: I understand. I'm happy to help you remember. It'll help me too!

Does anyone else want to do this type of thing? We could set up pairs of "accountability buddies" if you'd like...?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/28 23:14:40 )
Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
Yes, I'm meeting up with a friend and heading downtown for a bit to see what the city's celebrations are, then we're going to watch Star Wars Rebels, because I own all four seasons, but need to rewatch the first three so I can finish season four.....I never finished watching it because I wasn't ready for it to end when it did, but now I want to finish it

Do you participate in setting New Year Resolutions?

I don't really do New Year Resolutions, but I do take time to set goals for the year. I don't mind revisiting them later in the year and adding to or subtracting from them, depending on what direction my life takes

Did you make resolutions for 2019?
Not really? I made a goal for how many knitting projects I was going to complete on Ravelry, and I passed the goal early, so that was exciting. I'll probably do that again.

Accountability partners are really helpful for motivating you to do the things you want to do, but have trouble starting or sticking with. I often try to get friends to join me when I'm starting something where I know I'll find it difficult to keep committed without a partner.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 19:34:13 )
@athabm: It sounds like you take a relaxed approach to the new year resolution thing. It's awesome that you take time to review the year, and set some goals - and that you revisit them later in the year as it's needed. Congrats on meeting your knitting projects goal -and early!- this last year!

Are you looking for an accountability buddy for anything this year, 2020?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.