Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Memories of Solstice Past [Intro]

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:02:36 )

Falling snow covered much of the landscape of Voltra, blanketing it in a wonderful coat of ivory that sparkled from the sheer abun Decorations hung from trees, bushes, lampposts and wherever hanging them up was possible. Many of the city’s residents could be found out and about, either doing their holiday shopping or simply spending time with friends and family.

Things were hectic, and Voltra’s premiere protectors, Spark, Frizz and Static, would be occupied with tasks of their own. There was some leftover tension in the air courtesy of some very stressful happenings throughout the year, and this winter solstice was the perfect time to wipe it all away! With that in mind, the guardians sought to do what they can to remind some Volties about what it was that made them love the winter solstice.

“All things considered, this shouldn’t be too hard. Why, with MY wondrously electrifying efforts and your no doubt invaluable help, this should be a cinch!” Spark grinned as he spoke to the Static and Frizz. The former stood almost stock still, giving the more exuberant guardian a positive grunt. The latter bouncing on the balls of her feet as she listened with rapt attention. Static just nodded in silent agreement, already thinking of what needs to be done.

Frizz jumped, landing on Static’s shoulders with all the grace of someone on two sugar rushes. “Come on come on come on! The sooner we get started the sooner we’ll get everything done!” she declared, and with that the three guardians made their ways to their separate destinations.

Such a wonderful time of the year, right, volties?

The snow that coats our city, along with the many decorations, is reminiscent of traditions and youthful memories for many of our citizens.

The Joy that the Winter Solstice brings is unforgettable! Friends and family gathering to keep each other company while gathering around an open fire to keep toasty during the coldest time of the year.

Several things really!
*The success of the reaping ritual, permitting the seasons to change…
*Appreciating those closest to us, usually giving something back in return for enriching our lives.
*Commemorating lives no longer here. It is tradition to decorate every tree and bush outside, with red ribbon and bells. We do so in hopes that when spring comes, the life energy that Panthalassa sends back out, can return to their homes and flourish green again come Spring. You might write a name of a loved one on these ribbons, so that a small piece of their energy may return to the tree you designated their name on. When their bell starts ringing out in the wind, you know they are there, saying thank you for remembering them! They made it back safely… Warms my soul right up.

This year is going to be exceptionally heart warming as we take a look back on the childhood memories of our most respected and loved citizens of Voltra - the NPCs!

Stay tuned for our first NPC to share their memories!

If you haven't yet, please stop by the FAQ thread!

I hope you enjoy their memories of Solstice past.
Happy Winter Solstice, Voltra!

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:03:23 )

YAY

°<°art by KeturahπŸ–€πŸ¦–πŸ–€

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:06:05 )

Aww I can't wait to read the NPC memories!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:15:20 )

awww the red ribbons and bells tradition <3 i need to read more!

banner by Ruby ❀️

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:31:54 )
Oh this is so exciting, I can't wait to see the NPC memories!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:31:57 )
TSUN β˜… TSUN β˜… TSUN (β‰–οΈΏβ‰–βœΏ)

This event looks so small compared to the other two I’ve seen, but I’m sure it will still be a blast. Plus... JIGSAWS ARE BACK!

(✿ β™‘β€Ώβ™‘) DERE β˜… DERE β˜… DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:36:10 )

the ribbon tradition is so sweet (': makes me wanna do it irl~
happy solstice everyone!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 01:41:55 )

Cool. Looking forward to this
β”€β–’β”œ Hangout with me! β”€β–’β”œ

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 02:52:19 )
I’m so ready!!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 05:27:10 )

I can't wait to read my beloved Vyctor's memories!
(And all the other NPCs too)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 07:30:41 )
I never really celebrated Christmas, but we had a family gathering this time of year anyways. So this really is just a family time for me. And I'm flooded with so many memories.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 09:29:10 )
β–ˆ β–Œβ–Œβœ¦

Yes, so exciting! I have been impatiently waiting for the event to start. O u O
A reminder to drink water and take your vitamins.

QUEST

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 11:03:28 )
Me to. But I tried to patient xD. I want to know what these tickets are for. Soooo curious! ^^

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 13:09:31 )

Can't wait!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 13:52:04 )
Help! My husband is science talking at me and it's boooooring xD

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 14:01:00 )
Happy Christmas everyone!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 14:06:51 )

@Q t e a p o n: show us if u do!! it sounds super cute~

Shop | Art Thread | Art by me~ | Used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 14:39:54 )
It's finally here!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 21:01:40 )
Merry Christmas!

And yes! It's here! Yay! :)

I'm hungry xD

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 09:38:29 )
I'm excited that Jigsaw is back! Now I can get my puzzle fix and get sweet candycanes at the same time

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.