Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Ex Profundis Inferni Convivæ

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 05:33:08 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

She continued to walk, with Lex giving her directions... until they rounded a corner.

And saw Francis there.

"Bonjour." he greeted them mockingly.

"No..." Lex said quietly.

DROP HIM! LEAVE HIM! the voice in her head screamed.

LEAVE HIM! SACRIFICE YOURSELF! it then yelled, contradicting itself in the same command.

ESCAPE! FIGHT! RUN! LEAVE HIM! ATTACK! IT'S USELESS! and other such things bombarded her brain.

Francis just smirked, obviously knowing what was happening inside her mind.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 05:40:11 )

Lilim was silent, frozen in spot as she was warring with herself in her own head. She wasn't sure what it was that she could do here, she was literally being torn in half mentally it seems. When she started to tremble made it rather apparent to Lex. When he felt her mana surround him, before he appeared a few feet away, he realised that she was losing. The reasoning couldn't be adequately explained at the moment, not that he had the time to lose.

Lilim didn't move as Francis approached.

As he grasped her jaw and gave her a kiss, though, her nails (which could almost be considered claws) tore at his wrist, leaving rather deep cuts.

She knew that it wouldn't do much, as he was dead, but ... it would still hurt, a lot.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 06:24:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Francis recoiled in pain and surprise, grasping at his wrist.

"AGH! YOU LITTLE...!" he exclaimed, before he forcefully grabbed her own wrist. With that, he yanked. Hard. Almost to the point where Lilim's shoulder hurt. He threw her off to one side, with her landing in a heap.

"All right, enough playing." he said.

"It's time we get down to the point of this." he went on.

He then started to walk towards her, only for his ankle to be grabbed by Lex, who had scrambled over on his stomach, to try and stop him.

"......" the dark elf was silent, before kicking the human in the face, and continuing towards Lilim.

As he did so, Lex just gritted his teeth, wiped the blood on his face with his finger, and started to scrawl something on the floor.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 06:34:07 )

Lilim hit the floor hard, hard enough to know the hair out of her lungs for a few seconds. When she looked up to her agressor, she noticed Lex to the side. She didn't bother paying any attention to him, since she knew that she didn't want to draw attention to him for no reason other than she found herself caring more than she cared to admit.

Even if Francis in her head was making her start to not care about him.

The fact that she was still trying to help him though, even if she didn't realise it, it said a lot about her for the moment.

"What? Want to play?" She asked him tauntingly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 06:55:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...always." Francis replied.

"Ever since I was sent to that wretched realm." he told her candidly.

"But I am denied it. What makes me feel alive. What makes me feel joy." he continued.

"And now? Now that I have the chance to feel that earthly elation again? Yes." he said.

"Yes. I want to play." he confirmed, now practically standing over her.

"AND I WILL PLAY!" he bellowed, before practically pouncing on her like a carnivore.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 07:09:37 )

Lilim fought him off, but he could tell she wasn't putting her 'true' effort into it - she couldn't.

As the contact was made again, she was more subdued, again because of his mana.

As his hands started to travel, he kissed her. She attempted to half-heartedly push him away, going so far as to punch him in the torso. He responded by pulling back and responding in kind.

His fist hit her torso with enough force to cause her to double over, bringing her to her knees, coughing. She coudln't catch a breath, and Lex was able to see as she was coughing up some of of that thick, viscous violet liquid that she had been covered in when he first met her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 07:34:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Lex was silent as he saw this, before gritting his teeth.

'I hate that the trigger needs to be that...' he thought, getting over the colour of what he saw.

He then finished using his blood to draw what he needed to draw... and various runes spread out towards Francis and Lilim.

However, only one of them was affected.

Lilim saw this, as Francis appeared to be paralysed, and he seemed to sink into the floor a bit, up to his knees.

"......." he was silent and still, though Lilim could see his the pupils of his eyes flitting about rapidly, thrashing within their confines. He was aware of what was happening, but was powerless to stop it.

At least, currently.

At the same time, Lilim started to feel his influence start to drain from her. Rapidly.

"...did it." was all Lex said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 07:37:25 )

Lilim was completely silent and still for a few seconds before letting out a rather heavy breath.

". . . I can actually breathe. Good." She said as she just straightened up and cossed her arms.

"And you..." She started before punching him, hard. She didn't go for the torso that he had with her, she went with the head. She had a good amount of pent up agression to unleash on him, but realised she didn't have hte time at the moment. That one blow would have to do.

She wiped her mouth and made her way over to Lex.

"You good to go?" She asked.

"While we have the time to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 07:47:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex nodded in response.

"Yeah." he said.

"Let's go. Quick." he told her.

"That won't hold for long, but it should buy us enough time to get to safety." he went on.

He was then silent, before coughing up a little blood.

"Urgh." he groaned.

"That hurt." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 07:54:50 )

"We'll get you tended to once we get back to your place." Lilim said as she got him back onto her back and headed for the exit - again with Lex's directions. Once they were outside of the barrier, they made their way to somewhere secluded, where he used his mana to get them back to hims place.

She almost dropped him when they got back, as well. To say she had a splitting headache brewing would be putting it lightly.

She set him on the couch before sighing.

"Who do you want me to call?" She asked. "Or are you going to?'

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 08:12:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex was silent as he dug his phone out... and was silent as he looked at it.

"...nope. Can't see straight. Vision's all blurry." he mumbled.

He then lowered his hand, and the phone slipped out of it.

"Dr. Calder." he told her.

"Rene. In contacts." he went on.

"You need help as well." he said further.

"You're hurt, too." he added, feeling a little woozy all of a sudden.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 22:02:12 )

"Nevermind me. I don't die easily." lilim stated after a moment or two as she retrieved his phone.

"you took more abuse as I did, anyway." as she spoke, she navigated to his text app and sent a quick one.

Lex needs some medical treatment. Come to his place asap. it was pretty simple, and she hit send before setting the phone down on the coffee table.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/22 03:25:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex looked over at Lilim as she said what she did, and sent the text.

"...hm." he muttered.

"I dunno, we might be kinda even." he said.

"Maybe." he mumbled.

"My face and chest hurt, and I can't move my leg..." he started to say, before pausing.

"...maybe I DID get it worse..."['/b] he admitted.

[b]"Are you okay, though?"
he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/22 03:45:43 )

Lilim just shrugged.

"Still feel the fucker in my head." She told him.

"While the barriers here are seriously negating it, I can still feel him. But I can admit that it could by just my own head fucking with me." She paused a moment before sighing.

"And something he did fucked with my mana, but I don't know what." She added, not seeming to realise that she probably had some decent, if not drastic, bruising on her torso from the bllow she took earlier.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/22 04:03:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....I see." Lex responded.

"Well, I-" he started to say, before there was a knock on the door, and they heard it open.

"YO!" a male voice called in.

"Den!" Lex responded.

A few seconds later, Rene stepped into the room, and froze when he saw the two of them.

"Good lord, what happened to you two!?" he exclaimed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/22 04:09:34 )

"A dark elf." Lilim answered simply.

"Lex's dealing with a mana toxin that is making him numb as fuck. Could spread and reach his heart, if it is a specific one." She added. "Admittedly, don't know which was used." As she spoke, she took a seat in the chair that she was ahead of.

"Since I really would prefer he didn't end up dead, of course."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/22 04:53:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." Rene was silent for a moment.

"Right." he said.

"After I take a look at him, I'm taking a look at YOU." he told Lilim.

"Because you don't look so hot, either." he commented, before pausing.

"Actually, that's a lie." he said.

"You look SMOKIN' hot, but you also look like you need medical attention." he clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/22 04:59:24 )

Lilim just shrugged.

"I'm fine, really." She then said after s econd or two.

"Can't kill me that easily." She added before getting to her feet.

"It'd be nice to get Lex tended to, though." She said before shrugging.

"I'll give you two some privasey." Was the las tthing she said before heading off to do just that, leaving the pair alone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/22 05:37:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After she left them, she was waiting for about 30 minutes, before Rene went to her.

"Right." he said.

"His face is fixed up, his chest is as well." he told her.

"And you were right about the mana." he continued.

"Luckily I was able to isolate it, and remove it." he then said further.

"He'll be able to walk again in... about... a week or so." he went on.

"Now. Let's take a look at YOU."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/22 05:40:52 )

Lilim was sitting on the front porch when Rene came out, and just rolled her eyes.

"I'm fine." She said before getting to her feet and turning to face him.

"Look all you want though." She added.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.