Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Ex Profundis Inferni Convivæ

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 08:25:23 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex paused when she started looking around... and then it reached HIS ears as well.

"....oh." he muttered.

"Oh, shit." he said quietly.

"Lilim, we need to go." he told her.

"Quickly. Let's get out of here, and-" he started to say further, before he felt a sharp pain in his leg. One that almost caused him to fall to his knees.

"AH!" he exclaimed shortly.

"Damn it! What the!?" he asked, as he struggled to remain standing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 08:30:55 )

Lilim didn't react beyond looking to Lex's leg to find out what the hell was going on. She really hoped that it wasn't something that would cause him to lose his leg, but realised that with who she heard, it would be very easy to believe that it could be something that would life threatening.

When she saw the dart, she crouched down and plucked it out of his flesh, checking it.

"oh... fuck off." She growled, crushing the dart in her hand as she looked around.

"This place has mana barriers too." She muttered. It was one thing that Lex had made sure she was aware of. No one could mana in or out of the building, yet mana could be used within.

"Any chance you can get out of here?" She asked Lex, scanning the people around them. "Or do I need to carry you?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 08:46:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I think I can-" Lex started to say, taking a step... and then almost falling to the floor.

"Damn it!" he cursed quietly.

"I think something's really messed up in there." he growled.

"But... but I'll manage." he went on.

"Come on, let's..." he continued, before trying to hobble forward.

"Let's scram. Quickly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 08:54:46 )

Lilim just sighed before Lex fell through what could only be described as a void and onto her. She caught him on her back deftly before starting to weave through the crowd of people milling about. She knew that there was a very good chance of them standing out far better than one would like here, but Lilim didn't care. She didn't dare leave Lex behind - and she wasn't entirely sure why.

When Lilim stepped onto the stairs down though, she froze. That mana feeling was familiar, far too familiar by this point. She knew it, thankfully knew it well enough that she could hope to stave it off a bit.

Doesn't... feel full force... why? She wondered as she continued down the stairs, hoping to get out of the barriers there before he caught up.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 09:05:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Immediately, she felt something.

A thought entered her head.

It was nothing new. Escape. It was telling her to escape.

But it was now adding to that.

The boy is dead weight.

He's slowing you down.

You're standing out with him.

Leave him and save yourself.

...he'll understand.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 09:10:19 )

Lilim stopped about halfway down the stairs and just set Lex down, confusing him.

"Fuck off." She snarled.

"Francis! I know you're in my head! GET THE FUCK OUT!" She screamed... while she still could. She could tell that his mana was gaining strength, surprisingly so. It wasn't something that she was too keen on, but she also had no idea how to fix or change it.

And it actually kind of terrified her. Not that she would admit it.

"Wait... the hell does he want with you..." She then said as she turned to face Lex, trying to figure out what it was that Francis would gain by her leaving him behind.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 09:25:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....huh?" Lex asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked her.

However, before she could answer, they saw a very familiar figure about 10 metres before them.

And he had a cruel smirk on his face.

You can't run. he projected into her mind.

You're slowed down, and you have dead weight. Is he worth dying for? he asked.

And you'll also find your chaos mana quite... hindered. he then informed her.

Courtesy of your family.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 12:30:19 )

As Lilim saw him across the way, Lilim's breath honestly caught. She wasn't one to feel fear, neve rhad in the past, yet here she was. She could feel her heart starting to race, and felt things she couldn't explain or even hope to understand starting to course through her.

"I'm not leaving you, Alex." She stated after a moment or two.

"No matter what he does." She added, although she knew that she couldn't promise that. She knew he could probably get into her head enough that she would leave, without her even realising it even.

"What do you want?" She asked after a moment or two, knwoing that the elf across the way could hear her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 01:54:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Francis smirked.

What do I want? Simple. he responded, as he started to slowly walk forward.

To have a little fun. he told her. Yes, yes, I could go on about wanting to fulfil the wishes of my mistress, but... might as well be honest here. he added with a shrug.

Besides, she knows that'd be a lie, anyway. I want to have fun, she wants you gone, different goals, same path. he added.

It was then that a rune started to glow under his feet, which caused him to falter for a second, but he quickly stepped out of it.

He then looked over towards the two of them and shook his finger, as if to say 'naughty, naughty'.

"Damn it." Lex cursed quietly.

"That worked for a second, but only a second." he said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 02:02:32 )

Lilim was silent before looking to Lex.

"And where does he fit into your plans?" She asked, her tone curious. The edge was largely not there any longer, and she didn't even notice it.

It was all due to his mana.

He'd been boosted by her family, the one who owned him, so it was very much believable that he could get into her head and affect er a lot easier than one might initially expect.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 02:37:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Francis just shrugged as he got closer.

Close enough to actually speak to them.

"Where does he fit in?" he asked.

"Simple." he said.

"He seems to be one of the things anchoring you to this plane." he told her.

"He shows how weak you're becoming." he smirked.

"Or am I wrong?" he asked her.

"Do you have the strength to leave him behind to save yourself?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 02:59:16 )

Lilim was completely silent. She was honestly torn here. She didn't know what was right, and she could feel Francis' influence, his mana, rooting deeper into her skull, her mind. She wanted to scream as a result, but she never did. She stood her ground.

She didn't know how long she could do that though... she knew she'd succumb eventually.

The question was whether or not she would save Lex or herself.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 03:34:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Francis was now only a few feet away from them, and he gently grasped at Lilim's chin.

"Be a good girl." he said.

"Follow along." he told her, before Lex slapped his hand away.

"Back off, creep." the necromancer hissed.

"....." Francis was silent, a livid expression on his face, before he just laughed.

"Spunk." he said.

"The same kind that my daughter had so long ago..." he said, almost wistfully and nostalgically.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 03:46:15 )

As Francis grasped her chin, Lex was able to literally see his mana seep into her more, and could basically see the effects of it. Granted, that was largely because he was pretty well aware of how she was normally, and being so close he could see the change. That chaotic and unpredictable nature he could see brimming behind her eyes seemed to be all but gone now.

". . . " She was silent before taking a breath.

"Fuck off, Francis." She stated, though the elf could easily tell that it wasn't easy for her to spit that out. His mana was seeping in well. When he stepped up and just pulled her in for a hug - that she was sure would go much farther than just a hug - she had to figure out what she was doing, and it wasn't easy. He'd set it, somehow, that physical contact just made his mana stronger, and she could tell, barely.

Both of them could tell, easily, that she was an inch from just crumbling into his control. She couldn't even muster the willpower and strength to shove him away for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 04:09:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Francis just smiled at her.

"Heh." he chuckled.

"Just like my daughter..." he said, leaning in close to apparently kiss her.

Lex, however, managed to finagle himself in such a way, that he was able to launch himself off of Lilim's back, and crashed into Francis, sending them both collapsing to the floor.

"Oops." Lex said.

"Sorry about that. Bad leg and all." he told Francis.

The dark elf simply growled, before kicking him in the chest... hard.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 04:13:57 )

With the physical contact broken, Lilim shook her head. There were still strong effects there, but he wasn't completely overwhelming her now. For the moment, she ahd some clarity.

". . . Dammit." She half snapped before just making her way over and grabbing Lex - albeit a bit roughly - before they vanished from where they were in a pop. She had no idea where they would end up, but at least they would be somewhere.

They were spat out in anotehr stair well, both of them dropping about two fee from where they were to the stairs before, and tumbling the rest of the way.

"Nnng... dammit." she muttered she got to her feet again before looking around.

"Dammit. The hell did we end up?" She wondered as she got to her feet with a wince. She made her way over to the door and peered out, hoping that they were at least out of the building.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 04:37:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex fell to the floor in a heap, and was gasping for air, before looking around.

"...west... wing." he said.

"Sculptures." he said further.

That did help Lilim, but it confirmed something.

Something that she did not like.

They were still in the museum.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 04:50:51 )

"I... think we're at least a distance." Lilim said before shaking her head lightly, trying to banish what was still there from Francis. She knew that she couldn't though.

'We have to get out of here." She then said before sighing.

"Get on my back. I'll run." She added as she crouched down again.

"Because there is no way that you'll be able to move effectively with your leg as it is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 05:02:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex just coughed again, before getting to his hands and knees. He then pushed himself onto his legs... barely... and started to attempt to get onto her back.

"I'm sorry." he apologised.

"I'm such dead weight right now." he said.

He really is... echoed in her mind.

"We... might be near one of the exits, actually." Lex then told her.

But can you make it there in time? something in her mind asked her.

Or do you dare try and throw him to the whims of pure chaos? it asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 05:07:35 )

Lilim was silent, faltering slightly as she reached for the doorhandle. She had no idea if they could actually get out of there, but she knew that they had to try.

She opened the door and stepped out.

"Point me in the right direction, will you?" She said, and he did. She sighed as she headed off, hoping to be out of there before Francis found them, so they could get back within the barrier.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.