Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback general feedback

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 00:06:05 )

my observations, opinions and suggestions after spending around a month on here--!

threw them on a google doc since i can't be bothered to format it for forum |D

( disclaimer: some of these opinions are personal and subjective, but i threw them down because they're from my POV and maybe some of the insight will help a bit )

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 01:37:41 )
I agree so much with your opinions on the facial features.. There are some truly oddly-placed features..

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 01:55:17 )

@Bioshock: we do have something like that on the homepage, but i'm generally never on the homepage too much so i too would like to see an expanded notification pop-up or separate page~!

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 02:18:40 )

@Bioshock: true true

back on phpBB-based forums i would check the view new posts/active topics pages a lot to see what's happening around the site, that'd be something neat to see on here too.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 02:34:29 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Omg, so I’ve mentioned the weird positioned items to staff before, but apparently there’s a lot of items... and there aren’t enough item techs/staff available to fix everything. T^T I feel you on this so much though. I can’t even use the sailor moon forehead moon mod because it’s like... not in the center of the head where it’s supposed to be. I’m hoping they can fix it when they have more people and less stuff to work on in the future.

And I’ve experienced the bank amount glitch before SO MANY TIMES. I just didn’t know how to explain it, so I kept it to myself. It’s usually when I put in the wrong amount and update, then go back to change and it’s a different amount than I put in... had to have the people I was trading with cancel the trade and start over. x__x

Also, yaaaasssss to getting pinged/notified whenever there is a surge/announcement. A lot of us wait and refresh when new orbs and crates are being released, so it would help us out big time so we can focus on other things.

The only thing I would disagree with for obvious reasons is the undercurrent opinions. xD It gives a place for antisocial volties and lurkers to go and post without being disturbed. I only started posting there to rack up the post counts and to wind down after really stressful days, or when I have insomnia and don’t want to chat. If they make it so they don’t count towards post counts, it would be a big turn off for me, and I would prolly quit because I already invested a lot of time and effort just to have a big change like that come up for no good reason. Plus, nulling out the posts there would prolly mess up the posting milestone count too. >__> If it’s not hurting the site, don’t fix it.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 02:39:43 )

@Tsundererra: yeah, i thought of you when writing that thing out wrt undercurrent, but it's just my personal hot take--

there are a loooot of things to fix and along with all the layering issues but one step at a time i guess 😵 poor overworked/overwhelmed staff...

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 02:52:57 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: I know you were. ;) I already avoided one big drama storm on this site because a person got butthurt about my posting prowess and they implemented the posting delay because of it. At least you didn’t throw me under the bus by name like they did, but please don’t stir the pot. )x

I wish they would take out the weird items no one uses, or have a vote on the stuff we think is weird so they can fix them little by little.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 02:58:35 )

@Tsundererra: having a spam forum always has its ups and downs so 😵 it's a tricky balance
    considering the pace this site moves at, it's pretty necessary...

oh yeah, voting would be good
    i'd throw my vote down to fix facial features first 😂

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 03:05:20 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: I agree. If the site was bigger and had more posting action in the other forums, then maybe more people wouldn’t resort to spamming (especially since posting in the other forums gets you volts muuuuch faster).

Yo, it’s crazy how many facial features are unusable because of their strange positioning. There’s even this one recent eye mod that looks nice, but is very crooked so no one has used it...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 03:30:10 )
@pachi: Thank you for taking the time to write up such thorough feedback including the positives. We do our best to create a website and community that has something for everyone. We'll continue to introduce new features/content and improve on the old. As always, things take time. :vanora_smile:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 03:36:25 )

@Pathologic: thank you for considering my suggestions~
    i hope you'll have more help on the dev side soon 😵

@Fozzy: it's been a positive experience on here so far, looking forward to what y'all have in store~

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 03:43:37 )

Very thorough and honest feedback 👏 👏
The site could always use more.

This isn't really feedback, but maybe it can help the staff sort out the trade bug.
(I think this is the same issue, but lemme know if I'm wrong?)
It's not really a bug, but more of an issue with how the trade system is set up.
Like... if you have 10k and you put 6k into a trade, and you're like "oops I meant to put 7k". The system won't let you change it to 7k bc you only have 4k left on hand. It should work if you update your trade to 0 volts, get all your money back, and then update it to 7k.

Edit: I didn't finish my thought HAHA
yeah so I think the reason why the trade updates with weird amounts is bc it's trying to throw as many volts in there as you asked for and then stops short. So in that example it'd update to 4k and you'd get your 6k back in your wallet.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 05:09:54 )

Awesome feedback! I agree with you except on the messages thing and the undercurrent one.

I’m super looking forward to ping announcements or maybe like announcement bubbles you can click on the top banner to catch up on the ones your haven’t read yet.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/3 16:36:09 )

Oof I agree with a lot of this. Especially these points:
:
Equip left and right eye/stocking/socks/gloves separately

:
Have a loose tutorial of some kind, again, for the uninitiated, & include an option to opt out/bypass.

:
Show previews of the contents of the crates and orbs - thumbnails and a link to the relevant surge post.

:
Ability to clear pings one by one - I don’t feel like responding to certain posts sometimes but want to clear others

:
Creative discussion forum (for art, writing, crafts, video, music, etc.)

:
Hair selection is… meh.

:
Need more varieties of commons/accessories

:
Facial features sit super weirdly on the face. Some are too high, some are too low.

:
Not able to sort shop items by price, name, etc. looks like they’re organized by the order they were added in, there is no cohesion or grouping of items.

:
Emotes are (visually) not very clear.

:
No real good announcement system

Not to make it seem like I have nothing but complaints; I agree with a lot of the positives, too, but I feel like the negative stuff doesn't really get discussed as much as it should.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.