Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts into the night | a hang

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 23:09:42 )

@totalanimefan: it's 9-6 and on-call on weekends!
    It can definitely be stressful and there's often a lot on my plate, but the creative part really trumps everything else

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/17 23:13:32 )

@Deaa: you get paid overtime? I hope they don’t ask you on The weekends that much.
Your job still sounds pretty cool ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 17:32:29 )

@totalanimefan: unfortunately not :/ cause i'm salaried
    whenever i'm on call, i just hope that i don't get called lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 17:43:26 )

@Deaa: RIP that sucks, but you said you don't get called in on the weekends much right?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 18:26:33 )

@totalanimefan: yea not too much, so it's not bad ^^~
    how's your week starting off?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 18:30:04 )

@Deaa: It's going ok, I feel like it's boring, which I guess I can't complain when the world is like it is, but I feel like I'm looking forward to a lot instead of things happening right now.
Like new orbs, pokemon day (the 27th), spring happening, things starting to get back to normal, etc.
What about you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 19:16:45 )

@totalanimefan: yea i feel what you mean!
    but it's also good to have things to look forward too~
    i'm doing alright this week so far, like you, i'm looking forward to some upcoming things
    mostly zoom calls for board meetings, webinars, or book talks in the next week ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 19:46:50 )

@Deaa: Yeah I make sure that I have things to look forward to even though it's hard in these items. It gives me a bit of hope.

Nice. Good that work is working out for you. It's a bit hard for me right now because I'm a temp and there isn't any demand and if it is, it's in person. And I'm like forgot that. I'm not working min wage in person right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 05:24:57 )

@totalanimefan: yeaaa that's exactly what I do too! little things during the week to sign up for or plan for ^^~
    it really does help!

ooohhh yikes I've seen quite a few remote job offers online,
    but I'm sure that market is oversaturated with applicants right now
    sorry that it's difficult for you :/

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 07:10:38 )

@Deaa: yeah in March 2020 I realized I had nothing to look forward to anymore and it was actually really depressing. So I made a list about anything it was like baking on Tuesday or watching the next ep of Fruits Basket lol

I’ve seen a few too but either they don’t get back to you or the interview goes well but they pick someone else. I did have a remote job for a few months but I also worked for them in the before times so they knew me

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 04:56:38 )

@totalanimefan: sorry to keep ghosting on you, I don't have the best attention span lol
    did you make a new weekly/monthly/irregular schedule?
    or are you just finding things every now and then?

yea I heard even the call center jobs that were work from home recently are working to switch back to in office :/
    it's a bit soon for my tastes, and I've been working in office like half the time this past year
    I mean, on an alternating schedule, off and on, but still, these people aren't taking this seriously 😐
    like someone came in to use one of our amenity spaces last week and they had a fever
    just walking around like nobody with a thermometer would say anything to them -___-

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 05:36:59 )

@Deaa: I love the aesthetic of this thread!
And I like writing too are you working on writing anything particular right now?
I don't get why they want to switch jobs to in-office that can work just as well remotely/from-home. As long as the work is done, what does it matter? Why not keep the work remote, to be on the safe side?

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/3 17:20:56 )

@Deaa: It's no problem. You can get back to me when you can. That's what the ping system is here for.
I tried to do a combo. Like what can I look forward to weekly, but then is there anything further out? (Like maybe new orbs on Voltra, lame I know, but in March 2020 everything was getting cancelled.) What can I do to make tomorrow something I want to come?
When I made the list it made me feel a little better. Now that some things are back and we understand the virus more I have more things to add to the list and it's easy like,

The end of winter/Start of Spring
NBA Miami Heat game (those tend to be every other night on average)
Going for a walk and catching Pokemon in Pokemon Go
Trying a new restaurant or cafe in my area (Eating the food at home only)
Whatever weekly anime I'm watching
Events and new items on Voltra
Getting the vaccine whenever that is

I hate that companies are wanting to go back so soon. It's the Boomer culture of if they are at home or not where I can see them, how do I know they are working? When studies have shown that people are working more from home. The time normally spent commuting tends to be spent working so we are working like an extra hour + a day.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 17:06:21 )

@whimsy: Thank you! it sounds like your aesthetic may be right up my alley lol
    YAY another writer! I'm mostly writing this fanfic right now, some 1-a-day poetry/prose, and the sporadic short story
    if you're writing too, what're you writing?

YES I've had the same conversation with my friends
    a lot of these places are just showing people that they don't care if the work can be done from home, they just want to be able to monitor people in person and are probably hiding it behind "we want opportunities for in-person staff bonding" blahblahblah

@totalanimefan: exactly, I love the ping system, so useful!
    I think that's a great idea! I'm glad it's working for you
    last April I did this idea to write at least 1 good thing that happened each day
    but that was too tedious for me as I forgot sometimes and had to think back often
    but the list sounds much easier! not something you'd have to do everyday, but it is something you can look at and remind yourself of good things to come!

honestly, I'm one of the people that works better in the office sometimes, but those other times I'm just as unproductive in the office as I am at home
    it really just depends on my tasks for the day and how much self-sabotage my subconscious has in store for me lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 17:43:35 )

@Deaa: I think one a day can be hard because some days you just have bad days. I like the maybe 3 things in the last week. Or 3 things you are looking forward to this week. That way when bad days happen there is no pressure to force something positive. But I guess that also might not work for some people and some people need it to be daily. ^^;
Do you think you could make a small list right now like I did? Would it help you at all?
And I can understand wanting to be in the office at least sometimes. I think in a perfect world people would be in the office like 2-3 days a week and then work from home the rest. Or just go in for a day of meetings and then when the meetings are done do the work at home. ^^ Some days the mental strength just isn't there. I have those days too.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 18:06:02 )

@totalanimefan: yeaaa, that's what I was finding, either that or it was just a super neutral feeling day, like nothing amazing, but nothing horrible—just there, like another plain 24 hours passed, which I guess can feel bad, when I think about it, cause there was nothing that excited me :/
    I could try! so far I have:

having socially distanced brunch with friends both Saturday and Sunday
    seeing my friend (who will be in town Saturday) again after a full year
    vaccine may be available to all adults starting may 1st
    hopefully going to Chicago in June (once vaccinated)
    hopefully going to NYC in October (will for sure be vaccinated by then)
    Aly & Aj's new album coming out in May - they're not my usual genre of music, but I loved their Disney songs in middle school, I listened to their most recent compilation over the last week and I like their music!
    new notebook coming in the mail that I plan to use as my (witch) craft book!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/12 22:15:56 )

@Deaa: I feel like that a lot. it's better than having a bad day but somedays literally nothing happens.
Brunch with friends sounds amazing!
I'm hoping that my mom can come down and see us in the spring time, but she hasn't gotten her shot yet. She's 60's and has a heart condition. I'm pretty pissed that her state hasn't gotten to her yet. (She's in PA). I would love for her to be able to see the Cherry Blossoms here!
I'm not sure where I'm going to go this year. I'm thinking to see family in FL since I haven't been since. I don't know where else. Probably just explore DC more. I'm so ready to do that.
That's cool that Aly & AJ are coming out with a new album. I remember them ^^ Seems like a happy nostalgic thing to listen to.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 21:49:49 )

@totalanimefan: lol whoops poofed again
    The brunch was super fun and I got to show off all my mint-colored matching kitchenware~

ahh that sucks D: I hope she was able to get her first shot while I was away!
    I've never seen blooming cherry blossoms! (I don't think so anyway) I bet it's absolutely lovely!

OOOH def explore DC! I've only been on a family vacation and it was very history and museum oriented lol
    I wanna check sooo many things out as an adult~ like Vegas and theme parks
    are your Florida folks in an area with better covid precautions?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/26 22:24:12 )

@Deaa: That's so cute~ I want mint kitchenware haha

She still doesn't have it and I'm kinda getting mad at PA that they don't consider her high enough risk. 60 with two heart surgeries sounds serious enough to me.
I've only seen some in real life. Never like a whole bunch and I'm so ready. To experience a ton of cherry blossom trees at once. They aren't in peak bloom yet. That will be next week.
There is so much to see and do in DC. Of course the museums are nice, but the food and drink are great too. Lots of good fun and great bars if that is what you are in to. ^^

My dad, aunt and uncle have had both their shots. So that is good! As for some of my friends they are trying but the also work retail. So it's tough.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/27 20:34:41 )

@totalanimefan: highly recommend, I get a spark of endorphins each time I grab a plate lol

That's not high risk enough?! I've seen so many of my friends get their shots in MO already!
    I'm still waiting one mine; like idk how some people have theirs and I'm still getting told I don't qualify
    I'm like BRUH THEY DON'T QUALIFY EITHER!

ahhhh I hope you get to make a full experience out of it, that sounds so fun~
    and yes, love good food and bars haha

okay that's good to hear! I stay worried about Florida
    especially with "Florida Man" all over the news doing crazy things xD

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.