Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Climax of Destruction

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 09:11:53 )

Kalin just sighed.

". . . especially once my sister hears about thi---" She started before there was a knock on the door. Kalin was silent as she looked over to the door.

"Expecting someone?" She asked Hal as she looked back to him, her voice curious.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 09:26:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Hal was silent for a moment.

"No..." he replied. "I'm not..." he said.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"I am in the middle of a meeting!" he called to whomever it was.

"Unless this is an emergency, I suggest you sit down and wait for it to end!" he said further.

"If you feel this is important, then enter!" he finished.

Kalin could see that Hal did NOT look amused. He hated when his meetings were interrupted, but he was sympathetic towards people that had emergencies or had something very important to tell him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 09:41:03 )

The door opened a matter of a second later and a woman with auburn hair and a scarf that almost seemed alive stormed in. She was someone that Hal didn't properly know... but Kalin did.

"ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit." was all Kalin said before looking to Hal. She didn't get a chance to say anything before the woman lit into him.

"You're housing murderous bastards now?" She asked, her voice so full of venom that one would think she was speaking to Chris himself.

"That bastard is here and under your fucking protection, and for what?" she asked, keeping her voice relatively level so as to not draw people there.

"Mom, chill." Kalin said, trying to hopefully curb the womans temper a bit, which prompted her to turn to the lawyer.

"You better not be about to defend that little freak" She warned, which shut Kalin up. It was the first time Hal had witnessed that. It seemed that Kalin had an honest fear of some sort, of this woman.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 22:57:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Hal was silent, almost stunned, as the interaction took place, and he saw Kalin clam up from fear. It was the first time he saw it, and it confused and concerned him.

Was she scared of this woman? Her mother? Or something else?

'Wait...' he then thought. 'Mom...?' he asked himself.

He then cleared his throat and carefully selected his words.

"Madison Kiczys, I presume." he said. He didn't know the woman, but he knew OF the woman. But he also knew that she had died many years ago. So how was she here right now?

But that was a question for later.

"Might I ask for some clarification as to who you are referring to?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 23:12:43 )

Madison was silent before looking to Hal.

". .. you are housing a man who, while he may have done some good with his actions - as he is the reason for Casey's necromancy to be so stupidly strong, and Kalin's intellect - has absolutely no qualms with raping and murdering women." There was venom to her voice, her face. And Hal could tell it was partly directed at him.

"But what do I know? He's only the man that fucking killed me." She added nonchalantly.... but there was still extreme venom to her words.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/28 23:49:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Hal was silent again, before shaking his head.

"Right." he said.

"Listen." he told her.

"It's clear you're angry at this person... and at myself." he commented.

"May I assume you are referring to a mister Jenkins?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 00:01:43 )

"Who the fuck else would I be referring to?" MAdison asked.

"He's a freak of nature that forced OTHERS to become freaks without their fucking consent. He colluded with that godforsaken elf, and has most certainly made it a point to not be a good person when he had a chance."

"Why do you believe he's anything other than a ball of slime and deserves to have his life. Eye for a fucking eye. He stole my life, he deserves to have his stolen from him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 00:44:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Listen, Miss Kiczys..." he addressed her.

"I understand your anger, and believe me, it's more than justified." he told her.

"However, Christopher Jenkins' actions are the result of a history of use and abuse, compounded with prolonged exposure to Vanessa Encrae's dark elf mana." he said.

"He never got the proper chance to find out just who is REALLY is." he explained further.

"And while he may have had no qualms about his past actions while his conscience was suppressed, he's certainly feeling the sting of his conscience now." he then assured Madison.

"He is not the man he used to be. The man that the people in his life crafted him to be is gone."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 03:43:45 )

Kalin just sighed, knowing that there wouldn't be anything she could say or do here.

"I really don't care." Madison snarled.

"That thing doesn't deserve it." Was all she said, Kalin just sighed again.

"Mom... please. Chill. Give him a chance. He wasn't acting on his own." Kalin said after a moment or two.

"Tch." was all Madison said with a very apparent degree of distaste.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 04:24:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just shook his head.

"It's clear that words will not alleviate your anger." he commented.

"So many actions will." he told her.

"You want to visit violence against Jenkins, but I will not allow that." he went on.

"So visit it on myself." he said.

"I'm harbouring him, so in your eyes, I must be just as bad, yes?" he asked.

"Then take your aggression out on me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 05:25:13 )

Madison was silent for a moment before just vanishing from where she was. She wasn't leaving this as the end, Jenkins would be watched by her.

And Kalin said as much, because she knew her mother....and had witnessed the exact thing happen before.

"This isn't the last of her." She told the djinn honestly, with a light sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 05:49:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".......yeah. I got that." Hal responded with a deep sigh.

"Wonderful." he said.

"...but again, I can understand her attitude." he told Kalin.

"After all, in her mind, he's committed unforgivable sins, and... well, maybe he has." he sighed.

"But... well... regardless...." he mumbled, shaking his head.

"Where were we?" he asked.

"Before that... interruption."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 05:55:36 )

Kalin just sighed

"Talking about him." She answered.

"Depending on how things go, I'm willing to give him a chance." She continued.

"I may be able to put him to work, even."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 06:30:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal raised an eyebrow.

"Oh?" he asked.

"Interesting." he said.

"He really SHOULD be getting along with his life." he admitted.

"...easier said than done for him, though." he went on.

"I think his past weighs heavily on him."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 06:33:43 )

"And perhaps... because of that... he should speak with a professional. Someone that is trained to help him move past his ... well... past." Kalin commented.

"And... While it may not be the best option immediately, I think I know who the perfect option would be. For both of them." She then said, being a bit cryptic regarding it.

"I can set it up if you would like. I would just need to know if he would be going there, or if they would be coming here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 06:47:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was a little confused, but nodded.

"If you speak so highly of them, I have no choice but to trust you." he said with a chuckle.

"As for it being here or there, there would be better." he told her.

"Jenkins needs to get out this place more. He needs to set foot into the world." he reasoned.

"Even if it IS just for something like this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 06:49:42 )

Kalin nodded.

"Of course I speak highly of him. He's my brother in law." was her response.

"More than a few of my clients have dealt with him in a legal capacity for things." She continued. "I know he's good. While he doesn't harbour anything on the surface, I do think it'd be good for him to see that Jenkins is just as he and his brother used to be - nothing more than pawns." She paused before sighing.

". . . my sister on the other hand..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 07:54:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent again, before nodding and sighing.

"I see." he said.

"So there are pros and cons to this idea." he commented.

"Well... I still think it might be best for him to go there. Show them what he is now." he reasoned.

"Do you think your sister will react as... aggressively... as your mother?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 07:56:47 )

Kalin just laughed.

". . . probably worse." She told him honestly.

"Honestly, Casey will liekly try to take a chunk out of him, and I mean a legitimate chunk."

"Lindsay will get in the way, I'm sure. It won't be easy for either of them, but I'll see if Lindsay can set it up that Casey isn't home."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 08:11:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Very well." Hal replied.

"I have my doubts about this... but let's do it." he told her.

-Some time later-

Chris nervously approached the door to the manor that loomed over him, his mouth feeling dry suddenly.

"......" he was silent, before nervously raising his hand, forming a light fist.

'...now or never, Chris. Show them you can commit to something. Show them you want to improve.' he thought. '...get your life together, Chris. Find out WHO YOU ARE!' he then mentally shouted.

With that, he knocked on the door as loudly as he could, gulping audibly when it slowly started to open...

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.