Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Topics of interest

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 05:08:00 )
Oh yes
I love to try and post a subject that can be discussed or might bring amusement of some sort.
I don't mind the simple "Hi hows it goin" threads, but I tend to have less time to just sit around and chat in length. So I just throw out my subjects and run back to my duties lmao Its easier to come back to a thread that has a solid topic going on.

Helps that I'm taking a communications class, which gets my social gears turning for homework and such
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 14:43:37 )
@Uncledaddy:
@Hachi:
@Totalanimefan:
@Mousy:
@Jolly:

Thank you. I identify with a lot of what you've all said, and I'm seeing variations on a theme being posted - Everyone is busy, distracted and often multi-tasking, and the more in-depth topics require a level of effort that is difficult to maintain.

Ok, so why are you on sites like this? Is it a form of distraction? Connection to other humans? Convenience? Relief or release? Entertainment?

What satisfaction do you get out of being here?

For me, when my kids were little, avatar sites were a way to have a conversation that was more than "A is for Apple", and things evolved from there. I still enjoy having the break from dealing just with my kids or the household chores...

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 19:09:07 )

Even so I generally use forums for human interaction, I can't say I get all that much of it here tbh--but more than I would elsewhere, and people here for the most part are pretty friendly, unlike a lot of other places. It also gives me something to do, read, or look at in my down time. If nobody's around to talk to (or there's nothing of interest being said), I can play around with the avatars. Sometimes I come here just to chill; putting some music on and tooling around with the avatar stuff is pretty relaxing. Then if I want to check around and see if there's any interesting discussion going on, I can. Sometimes I just browse for threads where people are sharing stuff like art or stories and look at those. And when I do have something I want to share with people or talk about, I can usually bring it here and at least hope for a little bit of a response.
Mostly, I guess it's just a familiar environment since I started going on avatar sites a long time ago and never completely outgrew them. I do feel like I'm a little old for it sometimes, with all the cutesy images and items and whatnot (and all the alternatives being geared more toward that edgy teen audience), which is also partly why I'm not as active on sites like this as I used to be.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 20:28:54 )

@Wildfire: That's a really good reason.
When I was younger it was because my friends were on it and then because I liked the economy part, now it's just a habit and I enjoy spending my time on here. It's part game and part being social.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 22:58:56 )
@Uncledaddy:
@Totalanimefan:

... so it's habit - at least in part. I think it's partly that for me too.

Have forum communities turned in to "background noise" yet though? - you know... turning on the radio or tv just to have something going on??

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 05:34:36 )

I joined bc I was nostalgic for the art communities that sites like this had to offer.
It's a lot less vibrant these days tho. I ended up staying bc I met some cool people here.

tbh when I post in the forums outside of nonsense shitposts with friends, I'm not really looking for human interaction or conversation. actually I'm looking for the opposite. I post to kill time, specifically when I don't have the energy to talk to anyone but I still want to write out some thoughts.

which is why I take my sweet time replying to people, ahaha.........

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 14:13:48 )
@Hachi: Yeah, actually that makes sense too. It's more dynamic an activity than some things, but less demanding of time and attention than other things (like video games). I get that.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/16 22:15:33 )

🤔 generally if it's not chatter with my friends, i gravitate towards art discussion and sometimes manga/anime/games. but i feel like there's only so much to talk about with those subjects too |D

i like to complain about things in general too haha--

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 15:41:15 )
@pachi: Yes, especially when you realize that people's art experience or understanding is vastly different from your own... it makes it difficult to continue the conversation after a while. But even with similar backgrounds, there's only so much you can say too "Ummm... yeah... the 'whatever' isn't quite proportional to the rest of the piece"...??!!!
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 03:36:34 )
I am only on these sites because I have been in the past. I find a lot of what is said to be between friends who already know each other and it feels like I am butting into a private conversation. I also think a lot of people are not open to challenging what they think and will easily get angry with you if you do not say what they want. I like meeting people I disagree with because I can usually learn something. But everyone gets so offended and angry I feel like what is the point of trying anymore.
https://streamable.com/l8ysz

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/20 19:43:12 )

@TomYum: I feel this a lot on sites like this tbh, both of those things. Which is part of why Voltra is the only avatar site I'm on any more, and will probably be the last. Not the only reasons, but feeling like I can't fit in with the community as a whole is a major factor.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.