Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Familiar Effects

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 07:05:41 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just watched as the ladies left, before sighing.

"I've never been so relieved, but so stressed, at the same time." he muttered to himself.

"Olivia's alive, but she's in the clutches of that maniacal dark elf." he growled.

"Who knows what twisted shit is happening there right now...?" he wondered aloud with a growl.

Meanwhile, the one that the woman had been summoned by... the grey-skinned man from earlier... looked towards her when she spoke to him. He recoiled slightly, but she could see he was proud of himself. Which, admittedly, was dangerous around her. But perhaps 'proud' was too strong a word. He more looked like he was hopeful, and wanting praise from her.

"Mistress, I overheard what the wood elf said to her." he said. "That Gaea herself showed up and interfered, almost managed to take the fae girl away, too." he said to her.

"And I know that if she manages to zero in on your location, it won't be good... at all." he told her further.

"But! But I think I've found a way to interfere with that!" he then continued, before gesturing to the entirety of the rune.

"This rune will create a barrier." he explained. "It will be visible to all those here, under your control, with your mana in them, but invisible to anyone else." he explained. "This barrier will act as an invisibility cloak. When Gaea tries to scan for you, or anyone else here... all she'll see is a blank slate. An abandoned base, so to speak." he went on.

"All I need to do is finish completing the rune..." he then said, gesturing to the one part of the rune that wasn't yet connected. "...and then activate it with my own mana." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 07:09:53 )

She was silent as she looked to the rune, not entirely sure what to make of that before looking to him again.

"All right then." She stated as she crossed her arms, putting her weight on one leg more than the other.

"Let's see if this works." She added.

♯ And I wonder what you\'ve done to me || I\'ve lost all my ability to think logically || I know I\'ve never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there\'s no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 08:00:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just nodded in response.

"All right, stand back." he told her.

When she did, and leaned against a nearby wall, he finished the rune and pulsed his mana into it, placing his palms in the centre of it. At first, nothing seemed to happen, before a red aura emanated from the centre, and quickly spread out, though she didn't even feel it.

When she looked out the window, she saw that there was, indeed, a red barrier that covered the entirety of the base, and some degree of the land that extended out beyond her base.

"...heh." he chuckled.

"It works... it works!" he said proudly.

"We're undetectable now!" he exclaimed to her.

For the next 20 seconds, the barrier was holding... before it suddenly started to flicker slightly.

"...what?" he muttered, as the barrier flickered even more. "What's happening...?" he asked further, before it seemed to normalise once more.

"".......whew." he exhaled... moments before the rune started to spark with mana... and violently at that. So much so, it launched him across the room into the wall opposite the woman.

Which then resulted in the barrier starting to close in on the room they were in... but more specifically, towards the woman, herself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 08:08:59 )

As the barrier started to close in, she didn't dare admonish him for the moment, as she kenw that she didn't have the time. She had to protect herself. She could feel the mana targetting her, as her mana didn't fit in here, didn't fit with the necromancy there. As a result, she had to protect herself.

By the time that it had hit her, she'd managed to protect her heart, the core of her mana (or anyones mana). Instead, it hit her head. As she was thrown against the wall behind her form the force of the mana, she collapsed.

And didn't move.

♯ And I wonder what you\'ve done to me || I\'ve lost all my ability to think logically || I know I\'ve never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there\'s no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 08:22:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man had been dazed, but instantly seemed to jolt back to reality when he saw the woman collapse.

"MISTRESS!" he exclaimed, scrambling to his feet and racing over towards her.

"Mistress! Are you all right!?" he asked.

"Mistress, please!" he said further, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"...Mistress...?" he asked quietly, his voice trembling now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 08:28:04 )

He was met with silence from her for longer than he would have liked before she stirred. As she did, he was able to see the almost metallic looking deep blue sheen over half of her face, creeping into her hair - barely.

When she met his gaze finally though, he saw in her right eye something that was easily identifiable as pure mana.

"What was that?" She asked, shoving him aside as she got to her feet, a bit unsteady for the moment, and brought a hand up to her face where he'd inadvertantly marked her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 08:39:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... I... I don't know." the man stammered.

"I just... I mean... the rune... it just... it shouldn't have..." he stammered and stuttered further.

It was at that point, the wood elf from earlier quickly rushed in.

"What the hell HAPPENED here!?" he exclaimed, before looking at Vanessa... and then looking at Chris.

"...what did you DO to her?" he snarled, darkness in his tone.

"What did you curse her with, you worthless scum!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 12:56:03 )

She was completely silent as she leaned against the wall, obviously quite drastically weakened. She brought a hand up to her face, up to her eye specifically, and just looked to the one that had caused it, not saying a word as Azari said his piece.

"I'm leaking my own mana." She answered, her voice devoid of the usual venom or anything. That wasn't calming though, if anything, it made it far more alarming.

"I managed to avoid the effect hitting my heart, but instead my eye is gone and I'm literally leaking my own mana out of the socket." She added, making it quite apparent she could feel what was going on. It was likely a rather large reason as to why she was feeling as weak as she was, as well.

"After you have dealt with that child apprpriately, deal with this one for me, will you?" She asked before pushing herself off of the wall and approaching the one tha thad caused the problem. Once she was close enough, she bent over a bit, as he was that little bit shorter than her, and just met his gaze, both eyes focused on his.

"You ... do not move a muscle until I or Azari tell you otherwise." She stated as she was able to literally see the mana seep into him, far quicker and seemingly far stronger than usual as well.

That... may be something to keep in mind for the future, hmmm She didn't spare much more in terms of a thought regarding that before straightening up and turning to leave, taking care as she did so.

"Azari, do as you will. Alert me before you finish though. I wish to witness it. Also, do nto kill him, I want him to suffer."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 19:31:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris was silent, stunned to the point of being frozen.

'...how...?' he thought. 'How did this happen...?' he asked himself.

Azazri, meanwhile, just nodded.

"Yes, of course." he replied, shooting a glare at Chris, before leaving to finish dealing with Olivia.

Sure enough, after a short amount of time, Vanessa was summoned to where she had left Chris, and when she got there, she found the man in one HELL of a mess. More than she had expected, if she were to be honest.

The man's face was bloodied and bruised, with 2 black eyes and a broken nose. His mouth was bloodied as well, and his entire body was covered in injuries. It was easy to see that he had several dozen breaks and fractures, and his clothes were red now as well.

But he was still alive. He wasn't on the verge of dying right away, but he would if not given the proper medical attention within the next 48 hours or so.

Azari's knuckles were a bit bloodied and broken as well... it was clear he'd been passionate when he dealt the damage.

"IT is still alive, as you requested." he told Vanessa, venom and anger apparent in the first word of the sentence.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/16 01:15:06 )

She was completely silent as she approached the one that was on the floor, completely beaten and broken. She had half of her face covered and bandaged by this point, but he could still feel the mana leaking from the socket.

"You..." she started, her voice colder than he'd ever heard when directed at him.

"You crossed a line." She continued. "I know it was a bad idea allow you to survive."

"Now... you will pay the price for wha you have done." She said, her voice lacking any serious venom. IT was perhaps the worst way she could say it though, she was just cold toward him, nothing more. As she spoke, she brought a hand up, an orb of mana starting to form above it. The mana was matching what was in the socket, the heart of the curse he'd left upon her.

"This will make it that you can't recover." She promised.

"It's the last thing you'll know, and I know that." Her words were clear, crisp, cold as she pushed the orb of mana into his chest, over his heart. He felt it attacking his own mana, his everything. He could almost feel his past being erased from within him, vanishing.

"You don't have long, but the last thing that you see before you lost consciousness will most liekly be burned into your mind, even though you don't know what it is you witnessed, or why it bothers you so much." As she spoke, she was rising her to feet again. She looked over toward Azari before beckoning him to approach.

"Do cherish this image you will have." She told the pathetic form on the floor.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/16 04:29:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari approached the two of them, as Vanessa continued to glare at Chris.

When he was close enough, and she made sure Chris was looking, she pressed herself against the wood elf, placed her hands on his cheeks, and pressed her lips to him... passionately.

Azari was shocked by the kiss, but he was NOT complaining. In fact, he could tell she was silently urging him to get into it... which he happily did. He returned the kiss, and the two of them continued to hold the embrace, as tears started to stream down Chris's cheeks.

"....but... I... I underwent the species change for you..." he whispered.

"I... I... loved you..." he then got out, before his eyes clouded over, and he collapsed to the floor, unconscious.

Which was when Vanessa broke the kiss.

"...holy hell." Azari said quietly.

"That was... really something." he commented. "And it was delightfully cruel." he added with a smirk.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/16 04:33:35 )

Vanessa just smirked after Azari said what he did.

"Now, what should we do with this pathetic sack of trash?" She asked.

"Because I honestly have no ideas." She admitted. "My head is still a bit scattered from that fucking blast earlier." The fact that she was willing to admit that to him said a lot. She truly did believe he was above the others there, above the one that had been beaten into submission.

She would never have admitted anything of the sort to anyone else, at any point.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/16 05:01:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari felt an overwhelming sense of pride when he heard Vanessa's admission. And he also felt like he now had to prove himself even more than ever.

She thought THIS highly of him. He needed to show her that it wasn't misplaced.

"Hmmm..." he mumbled.

"What you did is irreversible?" he asked. "No way to get ANYTHING back?" he asked further.

"Indeed." Vanessa responded.

"Well, those meddlers at the Unit have always been trying to interfere with us." Azari then said. "Why not dump him off as a little care package for them?" he suggested.

"Make them think they have just the break they need to find us... only for it to be shown that he's utterly useless to THEM now, as well." he continued. "The ultimate taunt."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/16 05:07:22 )

She just smirked as he made the suggestion.

"Azari, that's perfect." Vanessa stated after a moment or two.

"Now,if you would be so kind as to deal with sending it." She then said, her voice cold as he was used to.

"Me, I need to go and try and tend to myself with this. That rebound for his rune was not something pleasant and I suspect I will be reeling from that for a few days." She added as she started to make her way to the door, her current state barely viisble to those that didn't know her, but Azari did, and he could see that she wasn't the most steady for the moment. Her steps seemed to be more planned than usual.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/16 05:17:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes, of course." he responded.

"I'll send him... right away." he told her.

"And I'll also notify everyone here that you do NOT wish to be disturbed, and doing so will result in a punishment worse than what you dealt to the grub here." he added, as she left.

He then looked at Chris, and shook his head.

"...enjoy what remains of your shattered life, you pathetic waste." he snarled, before Chris was enveloped by leaves, and disappeared from where he was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.