Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Familiar Effects

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 05:03:58 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......a bit." Zeke replied.

"Well... yeah. A bit." he told her.

"I feel... clearer." he said.

"My mind feels like it's come out of a fog." he went on.

"It's... hard to explain."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 05:05:47 )

Aimee just sighed.

"I'd heard through... well, your father, that here was a place of clarity." She then said.

"Anyway, you go do what you need to. I'm heading up to your boss to talk with him for a few." She continued. "And to give any information I can to help."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 05:15:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... I see." Zeke responded.

"Well... I... yeah, I can see why." he said. "I DO feel more clear here." he admitted.

"...." he was then silent, before nodding slowly.

"Ah, yeah." he said.

"Go... do what I need to do." he said further. "...not sure how I can do that..." he then admitted quietly.

"Well, see you later, Mom." he finished, before slinking off, heaviness and sluggishness in his gait.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 06:30:26 )

Aimee was silent for a moment just watching her son leave.

". . . it's not your fault, Zeke." She said quietly, knowing he wouldn't hea rher, before heading off toward Sharp's office.

---

A few days later, everything was quiet in the building. There was nothing in particular going on, before the feeling of the place changed.

Zeria was the first to notice and she quickly made her way through the building to find Sharp. She didn't know why the protection was gone, but she knew it was, and knew that plenty of people there were at risk now.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 06:33:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as she made her way to the office, she saw Sharp starting to leave his office.

And he stopped as soon as he saw her.

"......" he was silent, before looking right into her eyes.

"You feel it too?" he asked.

"The aura around this place changed." he commented.

"Drastically."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 06:34:42 )

"Gaea's gone." Zeria stated simply, plainly. She knew the change, and knew what it meant.

"Means those that have a familiar bond are at risk." She added after a second or two.

"Which is not good... at least in my case, since I'm Rowena Fyrane's familiar. That... really won't go well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 06:55:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"She's gone!?" Hal exclaimed.

"Damn it!" he cursed.

"Why would she...?" he started to ask, before pausing suddenly.

"Wait." he muttered.

"Did she...?" he asked himself, shaking his head slightly.

"I think she's discovered the location of where all this is originating from." he told her. "She must have gone to deal with it." he reasoned, pausing and thinking about it.

"...she'd better do it quickly, though." he then said.

"The longer she's gone, the more this place is at risk, and the more things will get very bad for those bonded to you familiars."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 06:57:08 )

"If she's gone to deal with this, I don't expect she'll be gone long, though." Zeria commented. He could hear the stress of the situation in her voice there, easily.

---

She stepped into the room, silent, before approaching the one that was there. She just sighed lightly, making sure it was audible.

"Why are you forsaking the bond of familiars?" She asked

♯ And I wonder what you\'ve done to me || I\'ve lost all my ability to think logically || I know I\'ve never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there\'s no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 07:10:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that was there had had their back turned to her, but froze when they heard her voice.

"....." they were silent, their body rigid and stiff, before it relaxed ever-so-slightly.

"...what does it matter to you?" he asked.

"I'm not harming the planet. I'm not harming the plants and flora." he told her.

"If anything, I'm HELPING you." he then said. "After all, humans are the reason that your precious forests are being destroyed." he reasoned. "And familiars do nothing more than allow humans to continue to live. Mages are worse, as they live longer." he went on.

"......" he was then silent, before sighing lightly.

"You won't listen to me, will you?" he asked, turning around and looking at her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 23:43:37 )

Terra sighed as he said all he did.

"Azari, really?" She asked.

"One could say that you are forsaking yourself and other elves by pairing yourself up with a dark elf. Especially one who has forsaken who and what she is, as well." She commented.

"I know you don't believe me, and you will mot certainly disagree, but it is true - even if you can't see it." She paused a moment before sighing again.

"And regarding all you said... you DO realise that the familiar bond is something that non-humans get too, right? They are not the only ones who are blessed by me in that sense."

♯ And I wonder what you\'ve done to me || I\'ve lost all my ability to think logically || I know I\'ve never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there\'s no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 00:12:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari just sighed when she said the last part.

"Yeah." he said.

"I know." he told her.

"Which means there IS a chance that I AM negatively affecting a small portion of non-humans." he admitted.

"Look, I do what I do, and I follow my own path." he went on.

"The other Wood Elves never accepted me, but SHE does. A Dark Elf, of all things." he laughed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 00:22:32 )

"You do realise that she does not accept you. You are nothing more than a resource for her." Terra commented.

"And you will be left as others would be, just because you are a resource." She continued before sighing.

"Then again, wood elves are tenacious beings and I know that nothing I say or do here will change your mind." As she spoke, while her words weren't harsh or anything, he could feel it in the are around him.

She was not happy with him, and was certainly ready and willign to unleash it all on him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 00:36:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He gulped quietly, before placing his hands in his pockets.

"You say that." he said. "And you may be right." he went on.

"But at the very least, I am a resource that she values. And that's better than being rejected." he reasoned.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"Guess this little operation's shut down." he muttered further.

"Suppose I should just go now..." he said quietly, attempting to nonchalantly leave the room.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 00:41:39 )

Terra was silent for a moment before sighing.

"You leave and return to her, and you will forfeit any chance you have to be your own being again." She warned.

"If you have any sense of self left, then keep that in mind." She continued as he felt her mana coat the room, and him.

"If you are all right with losing that, then feel free, leave."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 00:57:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari paused for a moment as Terra said what she did, and he felt the mana.

"....." he was silent, before sighing.

"You don't know her." he said.

"Don't talk like you know everything about her." he growled.

"I vowed to help her, and I will do so. I've done all she asked me to so far, and I will continue to do so." he went on.

"Which includes bolting when the heat's on." he finished, before he continued to leave once more.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:00:08 )

"So be it." Was all Terra said as she cross her arms loosely beneath her breasts.

"Just keep what I said in mind." She said before leaving the room ahead of him. She'd said her piece, and had definitely left him the chance to do what was right, or do what she knew he would.

She had to free the familiars while there, as she knew he wouldn't do that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:21:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He stopped again when she left.

"......." he was silent, before something came to his mind.

"The girl." he muttered.

"She'll want me to try and bring her back." he realised, before looking around in a bit of a panic.

It was then that Terra heard him bolt out of the room, and saw him running towards one of the other rooms... and this time, it seemed like he had a purpose.

Much different to moments ago.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:27:39 )

"Girl...?" Terra asked the air quietly, not knowing what the hell was to come. She took off, following him to where he was going, just in time to see the door he was trying to unlock. There were several locks, and several keys needed. It was taking him a bit to open them all.

She just stepped up behind him, silent as could be.

"So what is in there?" She asked after a moment or two

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:38:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari froze when Terra asked him the question.

"GAH!" he exclaimed, whirling around.

"Ah! I! Uh!" he stammered, before shaking his head.

".....nothing important." he answered.

"Just... something I should bring back to her." he said.

"Not related to the familiars or anything. You should... go and get that done, right?" he asked her, starting to sweat heavily.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 01:52:46 )

Terra didn't say anything before quirking an eyebrow.

"And what would I find if I were to enter this room right now?" She asked, her voice curious, and a bit sharp.

"Would it be a living being?" She asked before looking at the locks adorning the door

"Or some sort of artefact?" She paused a moment before looking back to Azari.

"Or something else? How about you answer that, before I force the answer out of you?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.