Npc — He/Him
Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/11/5 19:03:48 )
It didn't take too much time for Vontell to locate Vichard, Vregory's brother. Vichard was muttering angrily under his breath, his hand by his ear as he sat cross-legged on the ground, bags of candy by his side. His drone, Mich, was buzzing around the man in a bit of a frenzy.
"Hello, Vi-," Vontell began, only to be cut off by Vichard holding out his free hand, a signal to stop. It was then that Vontell realised he was on the phone to someone, about something unpleasant, perhaps, judging by the scowl marring his face and his mutterings as the person on the other end tried to explain themselves.
"What? No! I said-," Vichard pinched the bridge of his nose, standing up abruptly and turning his back to Vontell. "That is the most idiotic thing you've ever said, and that's saying something. No, I didn't tell you to do anything of the sort!" Sighing in exasperation, the man looked over at his shoulder to Vontell, who was waiting patiently. "Look, we'll address your incompetence later, face to face. Don't keep me waiting." With a click, he ended the call.
Turning back to Vontell, scowl still present, he huffed, "What do you want? Can't you see I'm busy here?"
Vontell blinked, "Ah, well..."
"FEH... Well? Unless you can prove you have half a mind, don't waste my time. Mich! Take care of him!"
The drone by his side whirled to life, flying over to Vontell with a dutiful beep. It seems a test was about to commence...
Npc — He/Him
Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/11/5 19:04:10 )
Vontell's located Vichard King, the most suspicious lead so far.
However, he seems to be unwilling to talk.
And now Vontell's the one being quizzed!
Continue the pattern to figure out which Mich comes next.
This is a group activity. Working together will help make it easier to find all the answers.
But feel free to work alone as well!
Make sure to put your answers under a spoiler to give others a chance to play.
Once all the correct answers have been found, and at least 12 people have attempted to answer,
the EI Chocolate Coin will be added to Joyful Jamboree.
All participants in this thread will be granted a free Chocolate Coin tomorrow at noon. (Note: Participation includes any form of posting in this thread. Even if you don’t want to join in the game, show your support!)
Npc — He/Him
Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/11/5 19:05:41 )
"Trick and Treat?" Vichard frowned. "What of them? I was busy with my own affairs. I had the marvelous idea of playing a Reaping Ritual prank on my foolish brother, and laid a trap for him with that candy he loves so much. The fool fell for it immediately, I was able to lead him all the way through town with a trail of ingeniously laid candy! It was all going according to plan... but that jerk stopped just short of falling into it! GEH! Thwarted once again by his idiocy." Vichard clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Now I have to deal with those who didn't understand what I told them." He huffed. "All in a day's work, I suppose."
Vontell, feeling his heart sink at the casual admission of attempting to cruelly prank his brother once again, considered briefly confronting the man in front of him about it. It wouldn't do any good, however. Vontell doubted Vichard, the heir to the King family's fortune, would listen to a single word he said, and would most likely stalk off before Vontell could ask him any more questions. Instead, he asked: "Do you know what happened to the statue Trick gifted Treat?"
Squinting at Vontell, Vichard's eyebrows puzzled themselves on his forehead. "Huh? Statue? I don't know anything about their exchange or whatever. I have more important things to concern myself with, if you hadn't noticed." Shrugging, he looked up at Mich, who buzzed slightly. "Now, if that's all you wanted, I'll be on my way. I have things to do."
Walking away from Vontell, he suddenly paused, and looked back. "Why don't you ask your precious Guardians? Surely they'd know something - isn't that their job?" Getting his phone back out, he began dialing a number. "I'll be off now. Have more important issues to deal with than this. See you."
• Found at the scene: Paint Supplies, a Bucket with a Bandage, and a Hairdryer with a Tangled Chord
• The letters "V F" were carved into the base of the statue
• Vanora was backstage (two witnesses confirm)
• Vivienne was backstage, and was with Treat
• Volkan was never out of anyone's sight
• The hairdryer belonged to Vivienne, and was not working correctly. Its chord was not tangled when she left it
• Vyctor delivered the statue and was backstage alone
• Virgil was the artist that created the statue
• Virgil claims the statue was a lifelike replica of Treat when he created it, he doesn't know what happened
• Virgil specifically told Vyctor not to remove the sheet, so Vyctor never saw it. Virgil claims this was to keep it protected.
• The statue was fragile
• Vanora left a mess backstage with paint, Vyctor cleaned it
• The Voltra Police Department was working security and kicked Vyctor out
• Vanora claims to have been with Velvet, who had an emergency
• Valentina should have been at the event, but was not and has not been answering her phone
• Violet helped Virgil with the statue, and had photographs to prove their innocence
• Violet used magic on the statue to help keep it from breaking
• Vichard went to Joyful Jamboree to buy candy said he had a big plan for it. It was to prank his brother.
• Vregory has a big sweet tooth, and was kept away from the statue while it was in the shop
• Vregory and Vichard were too busy distracting each other to interfere with the statue
• Vichard had no knowledge of the exchange or the statue
In hopes of discovering what caused this tiff between Trick and Treat, I've taken it upon myself to investigate this mystery. I began by searching the backstage, where the statue had been stored prior to the exchange. My search yielded:
- Paint supplies
- A bucket with a bandage
- A hairdryer with a tangled chord
- The letters "V F" carved into the statue's base
Perhaps these are important clues... Or perhaps it is just rubbish left behind. We'll have to search further.
Questioning the mayor, who was closest to the scene, I discovered the following information:
- Mayor Volkan was busy all day and was never alone at any point
- The statue was being watched all the time it was backstage
- Vanora, Vivienne, and security were backstage, at least that Volkan knew of
Perhaps Vanora or Vivienne may be able to shed more light upon this situation...
My poor friend Vivienne appeared to be under a lot of distress when I visited her. It seems she was having some technical difficulties with her equipment. After I calmed her, we discussed her experience backstage:
- Her hairdryer stopped functioning properly when she was styling Treat's hair
- She was with Treat the entire time, the entered and left the backstage together
- She confirmed Vanora was there
- She mentioned that Vyctor was also there, and potentially delivered the statue
Vyctor was an ordeal to speak to, due to the large influx of customers he had been faced with. However, once they had cleared out our conversation yielded a surprising amount of leads and information:
- Virgil was the artist behind the statue, and has asked Vyctor to transport it for him
- Virgil was very clear that Vyctor was not to remove the sheet at any time, so Vyctor never saw it before the reveal on stage
- Vyctor had time alone backstage, as there was nobody around when he delivered the statue
- There was a mess of paint left by an unknown person, which Vyctor took the time to clean up
- Vyctor was eventually escorted out by the Voltra Police Department, who were acting as security for the event
After having to go on a bit of a chase to capture Timberland, I managed to have a little talk with Vanora. She was able to verify some information, as well as offer a few interesting leads:
- She left the mess backstage when she was painting props and displays
- She was called away in the middle of it by Velvet, who claimed to have an emergency
- Claims she never saw Vyctor or the statue, but she did recall passing Vivienne
- Valentina should have been at the event, but Vanora never saw her and cannot contact her
Virgil was in a worse mood than usual when I paid him a visit, seemingly because of the sorry state Joyful Jamboree was in. After helping him clean up, he was open to a conversation:
- He admits to creating the statue, stating that it was a commission from Trick
- He denies tampering with it, even going so far as to state he wishes he did because of the reaction it caused
- Virgil stated that the statue was fragile and needed careful handling
- He state that Violet was with him during the creation, and that she may have useful evidence
To follow up Virgil's claims, I ventured to speak with his sister Violet. Unfortunately when I arrived, she seemed to be tied up with her work. After helping her organize, she revealed to me:
- She did help Vigil craft the statue, and had photo evidence to prove they were innocent
- The statue was made of candy
- She had cast a spell on the statue to strengthen it and keep it from breaking
- Vichard had been to the store, and mentioned having a "big plan" in store. it required a lot of candy
- Vregory was seen as an obstacle, as he can't help himself around candy
Finding Vregory King, greatly upset by the chaos that is currently ruling Voltra, I helped him calm down somewhat, after which he told me:
- He found goodies on the ground and made to collect them
- He didn't go backstage at all
- He arrived to watch the Ritual in the audience and didn't seem to realise that anything was off with the statue
- He thought the statue smells good, which ties into it being made of candy like Violet said
Vichard King seemed to be in a foul mood and not willing to communicate at first. After playing his little game, he spoke to me:
- He bought the candy to lead his brother Vregory into a trap, which failed
- He's been so focused on trying to prank his brother, he missed the entire exchange and had no knowledge of the statue or the fighting
- He suggested we speak to the guardians
You have unlocked the chance to vote for who Vontell interviews as a potential witness/suspect next!
To vote, simply ping Vontell with: @Vontell: I vote for [NPC name]
The NPC that receives the highest votes will be the thread unlocked tomorrow at 1 pm.
VPD. Reason: They were on security duty.
Velvet. Reason: She called Vanora away from the scene.
Valentina. Reason: She didn't meet with Vanora after making plans, and is MIA.
Voltra's Guardians. Reason: They may know what happened to the statue.