Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Changing One Detail...

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 06:30:14 )

Hollie just laughed and waved as Vincent left, before sighing lightly. She made her way into the room with a soft smile.

"Mr. McCormick?" She greeted.

"Come, we have some thing sot finalise regarding your employment." She paused a moment. "And yes, DEsiree can come with."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 06:58:51 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Marcus looked over at Hollie, before looking at Desiree.

"Come along, sweetie." he said to her face.

"We need to go with the lady for a bit." he told her.

"The both of us." he said further.

He then stood up and held Desiree's hand, before sighing.

"Things will get SO much easier once her hearing aids are complete." he muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 07:21:35 )

A couple years later, Marcus was treating Desiree to dinner. They'd had a lovely night out, and the little eleven year old had thoroughly enjoyed it.

They were walking home, chatting happily, when Marcus noticed something.

There was a shadow around a corner.

A large, lumbering, hulking shadow.

He knew he could only see it because of his eye, too.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 07:45:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Marcus froze when he saw the shadow, and held his daughter back from going any further.

"Desiree, stop." he said.

"Stop right there." he told her.

"......" he was then silent, and had both himself and her take some steps back.

"We should take a different route home." he suggested.

"I don't have a good feeling about this way." he continued, daring not to take his eyes off of the shadow.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 07:51:00 )

Desiree paused a moment, not entirely sure what it was that she was to make of that.

"I... ok..." She said quietly, almost hesitantly.

"But... why?" She then asked, her voice curious. Marcus, meanwhile, watched the shadow shift, almost like it was glitching a bit. That would have purely been because of the fact that there was plenty to hide between the two. The eye wasn't perfect, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 08:05:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Marcus was silent for a moment.

"I just have a bad feeling." he said.

"I think there's someone that way that we won't like." he continued.

"Just stay alert and let me know if you see any weird or quick movements." he went on.

"We'll find a different way home, sweetie."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 08:10:15 )

Desiree nodded.

"all right then." She said.

"But... what way?" She asked, her voice curious. "There... some of the usual ways are closed down for the moment."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 08:25:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

'Damn it.' Marcus thought. 'She's right.' he realised.

"Well, let's just detour a bit." he told her, glancing down a nearby alley.

"...it'll take us a bit longer, but it should be fine." he continued.

'.....no enemies down the alley.' he thought, looking down the alley again, and then back to where the shadow was.

Only to find it not there any longer.

'SHIT.' he silently cursed, as he held his daughter close to him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 08:27:40 )

Desiree didn't know what had him on edge to such a degree, but she knew not to fight him with it. She realised that it was likely because he saw something that he didn't want her to have to be put through, as he had taught her about the trait that was part of their genetics. His had arrived sooner though, and it was believed that shewasn't going to get it.

". . . Is there a safe path, at all?" She asked after a moment, proving that she did actually pick up on his concern, and had an idea as to why it was there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 21:46:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....I don't know anymore." Marcus admitted.

"I don't see it anymore. It disappeared." he told her.

"But I don't know where it went." he went on, as they took careful deliberate steps, trying their best to stay in the glow of the streetlights.

However, that was proving to be a little difficult, as some were blinking and on the fritz.

'Of all times...' he thought, before getting an idea.

"Maybe I can call someone to help us get home." he told her. "Remember, we have friends now from Daddy's work that can use mana to get us home really quickly." he reasoned, trying his best to keep his daughter safe and calm.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/13 00:37:14 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before nodding. She wasn't sure what would be the best way to do it, best way to go about getting home, and that was kinda terrifying.

"Ok.... do that then. I'd... rather not be caught out here and attacked or something." She then said as she continued to look around, hoping to find any sort of change in anything.

Maybe it'd work as a means of saving their asses, right?

Who the hell knew if it would help.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/13 01:03:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As her father got out his cell phone, she swore she saw something.

Some kind of shadow. And it was moving fast. Almost too fast for her to see. But she managed to make out traces of it as it moved about.

But it was getting closer and closer.

It was definitely making its way towards them.

"Damn it." her father cursed.

"Busy!? Now!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/13 01:12:27 )

Marcus had attempted to call someone else, before he was tackled from behind. His phone hit the pavement hard enough that the screen went black, he hit the pavement, as did Desiree.

There was a growl, it was definitely quite a loud and violent one. MOments later, Desiree was on her feet, her hands out toward it... and the form was gone, off of her father and giving the man a chance to get to his feet again.

Her mana had obviously triggered, but who knew where it was now.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/13 01:34:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was blood coming from Marcus' back, and it looked like he'd been clawed a bit by... whatever it was.

"Ow." he growled, getting to his feet again, and looking around.

'Damn it, where is it!?' he thought.

"Desiree!" he then exclaimed.

"Sweetie, are you all right!?" he asked her, looking over towards his daughter.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/13 01:47:10 )

Desiree nodded.

"I hurt, but I'm ok." She answered as she looked around, hoping to find whatever it was that had attacked them. She didn't know what kind of good she could do regarding it though.

"But... but where... where did it go?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/13 02:34:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't know." Marcus replied.

"But I don't think it's gone." he told her.

He then started to rush towards her, only for the shadow to lunge at him from the cover of the shadows, tackling him down to the ground again, but on his back this time.

When Marcus looked up at his attacker, he saw sharp lupine-like teeth, and golden feral eyes.

".....damn it." he cursed.

"Damn it." he repeated, as he tried to push the lycan off of him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/13 02:37:10 )

Desiree let out a cry of surprise, but it wasn't much more than that before she hurrioed over and started to beat on the hulking form with her hands.

"Let him go!" She cried out, hop0ing to distract them enough to make it that her and Marcus could get the hell out of there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/13 02:52:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." the lycan was silent as Desiree started to beat on him, before sighing.

"It's almost adorable how pathetic you are." he said, before reaching out and grabbing one of her wrists... hard. All the while, pinning Marcus down by the throat.

"How about you don't interfere?" he suggested, before tossing Desiree off to the side.

"I might not kill you, too."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/13 02:55:06 )

Desiree was silent, didn't let out a single sound, as she was tossed to the side. She got to her feet and made he rway back over.

"I refruse to let you kill my dad, either." She half snarled.... or at least she tried to. She was too cute, and sounded too cute, for it to sound properly threatening. If anything, ti was endearing.

As she was there, there was a small slicker from her eye, through the hair that she had in front of her face. The lycan would have felt it, knowing exactly what it was, even if she didn't for the moment.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/13 03:25:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

This caused the Lycan to freeze, when he saw the flicker from beneath the hair.

"...." he silent for a moment, before picking up Marcus' head slightly, and slamming it back down onto the ground, seemingly knocking him unconscious.

"Change of plans." he said.

"I WILL kill you, after all." he growled, as he suddenly pounced for her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.