Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Changing One Detail...

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 02:19:26 )

Desiree just chuckled lightly before pausing. She wasn't sure what she wanted, to be perfectly honest.

"Um.... b--b....." She started before scowling. She just sighed before looking around. She didn't see anything to write with, didn't have a phone, and had no idea where they could get a pen and paper.

It took a lot of effort, but eventually she told him she wanted a burger. Specifically from that one place that had the pickle fries, too.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 02:50:44 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden held back the chuckle that threatened to emerge, and nodded.

"Got it." he said.

"We'll head there now." he told her.

He then looked around for a moment, before looking at her.

"Come on." he said.

"I'll get us there where nobody can see us." he told her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 03:03:27 )

Desiree nodded before heading off with him.

After they reached a more secluded area, and went through one of his portals, she made her way to a wall and just slid down it. With her knees up, she laid her head on them, trying to get the world to stop spinning. If she were to look at Jaden at the moment, he'd see that she did NOT look good, but that wasn't surprising.

She'd never been through a portal before.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 03:48:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." Jaden was silent as he saw this.

"Oh." he muttered.

"Oh crap..." he said.

"I... should have warned you about that." he said further.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

"I mean, you should be okay soon, but how are you NOW?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 04:05:47 )

Desiree was silent, didn't even seem to hear him. It wasn't until he laid a hand on her shoulder at she looked at him.

"Oh... s...s.s.s.ssss-s-s-sorry." She said after a moment or two before shaking her head. She was pale, shockingly so, but he could tell that she was getting some colour back to her face.

"L-l-let's g-g-g-g-gggo." She then said, carefully getting to her feet.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 04:29:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......eesh." Jadden muttered.

"Yeah, sorry." he said.

"I should have warned you." he told her.

"My portals tend to do that to people." he went on... but again, she didn't answer.

"...uh... hello?" he asked.

"Hey, look, I'm sorry, okay?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 04:43:59 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before blinking as she met his gaze. She held a hand up before reaching up under her hair, causing the big in front of her face to move and reveal the scarring that she hid, along with her eye for the briefest of seconds.

She removed her hands and held her hand out, showing him what she was doing.

Pink hearing aids were in her hand, and sparking slightly.

The portal travel hadn't agreed with them.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 05:06:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........................." Jaden was silent for longer than he would have liked.

"Son of a bitch!" he cursed quietly.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it." he repeated, starting to panic slightly... before pausing.

He then grabbed his phone out of his pocket, and typed something on the screen, before handing it to her.

Where did you get them? I'll get you replacements. And did they not have mana in them to protect them from stuff like this? it read.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 05:08:08 )

Desiree typed a response before handing it back.

Mana protection....? I didn't know that was a thing. Dad got them for me, and I'm not sure on the details beyond that. It was pretty straight to the point and simple.

Along with that, they've never died with my own mana... not sure why they died here.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 05:27:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jade just sighed as he read the message, and typed one back.

There's a number of reasons for that, but perhaps my mana was too much, too fast for them. Regardless, we need to get you a replacement pair, and we need to get them ASAP.

I know a place where you should be able to get some, and get some made up by the end of the day.
it read.

"Damn it again." Jaden growled under his breath as he handed the phone to her.

"Not even 5 minutes of being under my care, and I already fucked up."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 05:35:14 )

Desiree read waht was there before shaking her head.

No. It's ok. I have spare ones at home. It was a simple message. And it's something I learned. Make sure I get mana protection.

At least she was taking it well?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 05:55:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Jaden was silent, before sighing.

Come on, then. Let's grab some food and then get you home. he typed up, before pausing.

Also, given what just happened with my portals, would you prefer to cab it home? It'd be nothing for me to cover it, regardless of where it is. he typed further, before pausing once more.

Actually, do you live in the city? he then added, before handing it to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 06:01:44 )

Desiree nodded before she typed in her address and handed it back. She figured that he needed to know her address and all. After he'd handed his phone back, she added more.

Cabbing isn't a problem, and going home I can going through one of yours again, since I'll be going home, it really isn't an issue.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 06:22:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden just nodded again and gave a small thumbs-up.

With that, the two of them went to the place that she liked, and he ordered exactly what she wanted, and a small thing for him. With the reasoning that it wouldn't be good for her to go through a portal after having just eaten, they got it to go, found a place where there was nobody, and used another portal to get her home, with Desiree winding up in a similar state.

Jaden just sighed when he saw this, set the food and drinks on a nearby table, and waited for her to get back up to par again.

'...I need to remember that my portals are rough for others.' he thought.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 06:24:57 )

Desiree had sunken into the couch and just chilled there for close to twenty minutes (at least half that Jaden was convinced that maybe she'd passed out), before sighing and getting to her feet. She found Jaden sitting across the room in one of the chairs there, waved, and headed off. She returned about five minutes later.

"H-hey. Th-the s-s-s-sp-p-sp-..... " She sighed before just shaking her head lightly and motioning to upstairs, in an attempt to say that the spare room was upstairs. She'd show him to where it was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 06:42:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden looked at her for a moment, before he nodded.

"Got it." he replied.

He then got up from the chair, and made his way over.

"Let's go." he said.

"I assume you are attempting to refer to a spare room?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 06:44:57 )

Desiree nodded before leading him up. She pointed out where the bathroom, and her room were - for in case he needed to know where she was - before stopping at a door, opening it and stepping back so he could enter.

Inside, it was a simply decorated room, but it looked rather nice and homely. It was somewhere that one could be comfortable to sleep, and when he sat down on the bed, he found it was particularly soft and licious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 07:08:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....damn." he muttered.

"This is hella comfy." he said.

"Like, I can easily see someone getting a good night's sleep on this." he went on, before looking at Desiree.

"Right." he said.

"Help me out here." he told her.

"Walk me through your daily routine, before and after school."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 07:15:00 )

Desiree nodded before motiong for him to follow. She led him to her room again, stepped in and over to her desk, before grabbing a pen and paper, and sitting down on her bed. Once there, she motioned for him to take a seat in the desk chair she had, before starting to write out the usual daily outline.

As she sat there, and Jaden sat in the chair, he looked around the room, taking in the details of her room. There... was a lot of pink, but it wasn't obnoxious, oddly enough. There was plenty of the pastel version of the colour, along with some blues and purples to help balance it. Overall, it looked... really good in there overall.

As he was looking around though, he felt something pierce through him.

It didn't take long for him to realise it was coming from Desiree.

When he looked over, he found her looking down, her hair that was usually hiding half her face had fallen loosely in front, and he could see the scars that she kept hidden.... and her almost metallic looking nearly white eye.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 07:32:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden's eyes widened as he saw what he did... and his brain tried to process everything that he was seeing.

The nearly white eye, the scars that were no longer hidden, and this piercing feeling he felt.

"....." he was silent, before shaking his head slightly.

'What the hell?' he thought.

'Those scars... that eye... this feeling...' he went on, before leaning forward and looking at the floor to compose himself.

'...I feel like I'm being judged.'

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.