Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Changing One Detail...

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 21:49:56 )

There was silence before a noice echoed throughout the building. There was nothing there, at least nothing good.

"You good for nothing little bitch." The woman that was standing there snarled before backhanding the little girl ahead of her again. The strawberry blonde hit the wall behind he, hard.

It didn't take long before someone else entered the room. As her vision faded from the impact, she saw her parents fighting, over her. She knew that again.

The next thing she knew, she woke in a bed, which was definitely different. She was silent as she carefully got to her feet and looked around, not sure where the hell it was that she was.

She didn't say anything as she did. She was a bit concerned though... she didn't know where she was, and had a blooming headache that hurt far more than she cared to admit for the moment. The question though... was where the hell she was. She didn't know how she got there, either.

No one else was in the room for the moment, either. Carefully, she got to her feet and made her way to the bathroom, wanting to check in anyone was in there. When she saw no one was there, she made her way back to one of the beds and sat down, confused, and a bit scared.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 03:13:45 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

She sat in her confusion and fear for a few minutes, before she saw the door open slowly. A figure then stepped through, and it was one that was probably the best she could have hoped for here.

Her father. He stood at about 6 feet tall, and had a fit build, though his loose clothing hid it decently. His own strawberry blonde hair matched her own, though he had a different eye colour than her... mostly.

He looked haggard and tired, and his eyes were a bit red, with dark circles under them, but he made his way over towards her.

"...Desiree..." he said when their eyes met and he was right up close to her.

"I'm sorry." he apologised.

"I let it come to this... and I shouldn't have." he said further.

"Are you all right, Honey?" he asked, guilt and sadness in his eyes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 03:23:27 )

Desiree was silent for. Moment or two before nodding. She didn't say anything as she looked around, wondering she was,where they were.

And why.

She never thought it had been bad enough for him to take her away, but that was largely because she grew up with this,with what she'd been dealing with

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 03:45:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her father was silent, biting his lip slightly, before he leaned in and gave her a hug. He held her close and brought his face close to hers, almost resting his chin on her shoulder. He held it for a moment, before making it so she was looking right at him again.

"I waited too long." he said.

"And it came to this. I should have seen it coming. Maybe I did. But I hoped it would get better. It didn't. I'm so sorry." he told her further.

"But you're safe now." he continued.

"I took you away from them. You didn't deserve what they were doing to you. Please... please forgive your father." he added, near tears once more, as he'd been crying earlier.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 03:55:52 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before sighing. She just returned the embrace, not sure as to what it was that she was supposed to make of all of it.

She only caught half of what he'd said, but she wasn't mad with her father, or anything.

He took her away from there, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 04:09:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was still sorrow in his eyes. He knew that his words probably didn't reach her. Not all of them, anyway. He knew this. But he knew he wanted to help her.

He HAD to help her.

He then dug a small pad of paper and a pencil out of his pocket, and wrote something on it, before handing it to her.

I'll make sure you have everything you deserve in life. I promise I'll protect you from here on out. it read.

'I may have done you wrong up until now. But I'll change that, I swear.' he mentally vowed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 05:35:53 )

Desiree was silent as she read waht was there. She was young, only having just turned eight the day before. She didn't say anything before nodding, knowing that she couldn't properly respond. She did trust him, and she hoped it would go well... but there was no way to properly know, of course.

A couple of days later, he'd taken Desiree out for a birthday treat. It was late, but she was his daughter, it was the least that he could do. They weren't anywhere near home, though, having moved across the province lines in the past bit to get away from the woman that had been her mother.

They approached a building, having set up a viewing for an apartment, and were led to the apartment in question. It was a rather nice 3 bedroom place, with plenty of space. Desiree seemed to love it, and while she and her father were checking the place over, the woman they had met had stepped out into the hall to make a phone call. The next thing either of them knew, they were split apart and sitting elsewhere.

There was no way for either to know what was going on with the other party.

Desiree wasn't talking to anyone, and was sitting in the corner, cowering actually, obviously terrified, while he was being grilled about why he had a mage child when he was obviously a hunter.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 05:55:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was obviously flustered. He was stressed, sad, angry, and confused. He suddenly found himself separated from his daughter, and it seemed like these people wanted to make it permanent.

To say this was taking its toll on him would be understating it.

"I keep telling you!" he said to those that were questioning him, exasperation in his tone. "I was with her because she is my daughter!" he protested.

"My biological daughter!" he insisted.

"Why do you not believe me!?" he asked them, trying his best not to let his anger get the better of him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 05:58:57 )

They just rolled their eyes.

"Bullshit. A mana hunter gene kills the mana gene." they stated.

"A mana hunter can not birth or sire a mage." it wasn't hard to tell that they were losing patience with him.

"So tell me, truthfully. Where did you find her, why is she alive, and what sick game are you fucking playing?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 06:21:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'm telling you the truth!" he insisted.

"She IS my daughter! She's my child!" he said.

"I don't know why or how she's a mage, both myself and her mother aren't mages, but that's what happened!" he insisted further, trying his best not to lose his temper.

"She's alive because I took her away from her mother and brother as well, I've told you all this!" he continued.

"And all I want to do is give her the life she deserves! A safe and stable one!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 06:43:06 )

"Bullshit." She snapped.

"Tell me who you stole her from." They demanded.

"You will be punished for abduction, as well." They continued. "POerhaps iof you were to be honest, you'll see some leniency."

---

Desiree was sitting in the corner of the room, cowering from those that she could feel the mana of outside the door. People had tried to talk to her, but she seemed to be ignoring them, not paying them any heed, so they opted to leave her alone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 07:31:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Why...?" he asked.

"Why won't you believe me...?" he asked quietly, tightly gripping his hair in his hands, as he laid his elbows down on the table and leaned forward.

"I'll tell you the same thing, again and again, it's the truth." he muttered, despair in his tone now.

Meanwhile, another adult had approached her, and sat down beside her. He didn't say anything at first, but offered her a bottle of water, still unopened.

"...here." he said.

"This can't be easy for you." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 07:35:03 )

She didn't hear him, but if he knew her, he knew that wouldn't be saying much of anything.

When he tapped her on the elbow lightly, as that was the closest to him, she looked over and saw the water. He could see the hesitation before she accepted it.

"Th... th.... thank-k y.y...you." She managed to get out after a few attempts. There was definitely hesitation there, before she cracked into it and took a small drink.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 08:05:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" the man was silent for a moment as Desiree responded.

The stutter was unmistakable, but was it because she was scared, or was there more to it?

'....hmmm...' he thought.

"Why were you with him?" he asked her.

She didn't respond.

"....." he was then silent again, before snapping his fingers.

Again, she didn't respond.

So he made sure he got her attention, and when she was looking at him, he spoke.

"Do you have problems hearing, dear?" he asked her, mouthing the words as well as he could.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 08:10:40 )

Desiree didn't answer, just looked away, almost as if she was uneasy with answering that question, for... some reason. She seemed to be cowering away from him... perhaps she thought that him knowing that about her was reason to be scared. Had she been mistreated because of it in the past?

There really was no way for him to know, or even hope to understand what was going through her head for the moment. She wasn't aware of how her silence was NOT helping her Dad's predicament for the moment, either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 08:25:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." he was silent again, before sighing.

"I wish you would speak to us..." he said.

"I dislike hunters with a passion, but I somehow think that that man is telling the truth." he muttered.

"But I have no real influence in situations like these..." he then lamented, shaking his head.

'Damn it.' he thought.

He then got her attention once more.

"Is that man your father?" he asked her, gesturing to the where her father was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/10 08:32:19 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before nodding.

"H-h-he is..." She answered with a nod.

"Is... is h-h-he ok-k-kay?" She asked, her volume control not exactly 'right', and her stutter quite apparent... but she was most certainly worried about the other one they had brought in, the mana hunter.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 00:04:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." again, he was silent.

He then got in front of her and knelt down so that he was looking right into her eyes.

"Listen to me." he said.

"The people in there have him in there, because they think he's a bad man, and that he's taken you away from your family." he told her.

"Is that true?" he asked.

"Did he forcefully take you away from your family, against your will?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 00:25:40 )

Desiree shook her head , hard.

"N-n-no!" She managed to get out after a few failed attempts.

"H-h-he s-s-saved m-mm-mm-mmm-m-me!" She added before moving her hair out of her face. As she did so, he saw more than he cared to.

She had angry red, possibly infected, slashes down her face, hidden behind her hair. The eye was also notably lighter than the other, but there was no way to know what it was for the moment.

"He... h-h-he s-saved m-mm-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-me."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 01:17:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" the man was silent for a moment, but he could see the sincerity in her eyes.

He could tell she wasn't lying.

"...I believe you, dear." he told her.

"I'll do what I can to try and help you." he said further.

When she nodded, he stood up and made a call on his cell phone.

"Hey. Listen, can you come here?" he asked, giving his location. "Like, NOW? I think the people here are making a very big mistake." he told them further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.