Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Changing One Detail...

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 07:37:28 )

It hadnt't taken Desiree long before she finished writing out what she needed to before holding the notepad out to him. When she noticed he was looking at the floor, she tapped his knee with the pad to get his attention.

He hesitated a second or two before looking up at her, only to see that her eye, and the scars, were hidden from view again. He couldn't feel the pierce from what was hidden behind there, but now that he knew of its presence, he could almost feel it.

Once he was looking at her, she held the pad out to him though, so he could read it over.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 07:57:26 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden seemed almost paralysed when he was looking into her eye, but managed to take the pad of paper, and looked at everything that was there.

And there was a lot. Seems she had full days.

"......." he was silent as he studied the list, before it came to him.

Why he was feeling the way he was feeling.

'...feel like I'm being judged...' echoed through his mind.

"...the Judging Eye..." he whispered aloud, before he looked up and found himself staring into it once more.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 10:03:24 )

Desiree paused as Jaden said what he did.

"I..." She started before falling silent and just sighing as she sat on her bed again.

She didn't say anything, merely nodded. She knew what it was that she had, even if she hadn't told anyone else yet. She learned of it from her father, but neither of them thought she'd acquire it, being a mage.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 20:42:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Jaden was silent again, before sniffing the air.

"But..." he said, trailing off some.

"But you have mana as well." he commented.

"........." he was then silent again, before shaking his head, forcing himself to look away from the eye that seemed to have trapped him in its gaze, and thought.

"I..." he stammered, but stopped again.

"Was... was your mother a mage?" he finally asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 21:01:53 )

Desiree shook her head. As far as she knew, the woman wasn't. She would have told him as much if she could get it out. Instead, she wrote it out on the notepad again.

No. She isn't a mage. Nor is my brother. I'm the first, as far as I'm aware, in this family. It was simple, but she'd known she was a mage since she was very little, somewhere around 4 years old.

Nor is dad. He's the one I got the eye from, for that matter She added before handing it over to Jaden so he could read it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 21:26:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....huh." Jaden muttered.

"That is... well, a fluke that makes mana active in a child is not unheard of, but from a child between a hunter and a human...? This is... truly a twist of fate." he commented.

"...a rather complicated one, too." he then commented.

He was silent again, before looking at her once more, but then quickly looking back down at the paper, her gaze seemingly piercing right through him.

"....and those scars I saw on your face..." he went on.

"I can only assume there's a very unpleasant story behind them." he added, handing her the notepad back.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 00:07:25 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before sighing and accepted the page.

. . . Mother. She attacked me with a hand rake. she wrote before pausing a moment.

Dad took me away from there. He just... grabbed me and ran the same day that she did that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 00:42:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." Jaden was silent, before sighing heavily.

"I see." he said.

"Well... I... that's..." he muttered, shaking his head.

"That's just... I have no words." he commented.

"...at least your father did the right thing, taking you away." he then said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 00:57:22 )

Desiree nodded, but again, didn't say anything. He was quickly learning she wasn't one to talk.

---

About a week and a half later, Jaden was sharpening one of his iconic swords when he heard the door open. He waited, knowing that Desiree was likely to head to the kitchen for a drink and then sit down with him, but... she didn't. she almost ran through the house for the stairs, and up them to her room instead.

And he could have sworn he heard a cry or two i nthat.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 01:11:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......huh?" he muttered, upon swearing he heard a cry or two.

'...what the...?' he thought, before getting up and making his way towards Desiree's room, where he saw that her door was shut.

"......" he was silent, before knocking on the door.

"Desiree?" he called in.

"You all right?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 01:15:08 )

When he knocked, she didn't answer. When he called in, she didn't answer either. Before he could knock again, the phone downstairs rang.

"Hello," the woman on the other end greeted before introducing herself. She was the ballet teacher that Desiree saw twice a weekk, along with other girls.

"There has been a bit of an incident as class let out." She continued before sighing and outlining what had happened. How a couple of the other girls had been harrassing Desiree because she was a mute (even though they knew why), and had even gone so far as to intentionally 'nudge' her down the couple of steps outside, causing her to land on the pavement pretty harshly.

"I worry about whether or not she's all right. She just got up and left, not even looking at the other girls." he could hear the concern in her voice as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 01:29:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"................" Jaden was silent as he heard what had happened, and he felt his rage start to build, before he forced himself to calm down.

"I see." he said.

"Well... I'll talk to her." he told her.

"I'll see how she's doing, and I'll let you know." he continued, before making sure her contact info was correct.

He then wondered what to do, before he noticed the sword he had been sharpening, and the gears in his head started to turn a little. They ended the conversation, and he made his way back to Desiree's room, knocking again.

"Hey, I'm popping my head in." he told her, before gently opening the door and doing so.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 01:33:30 )

He didn't hear anything from within, but when he poked his head in, he saw her sitting on the beanbag chair in the corner f the room, looking .... well, defeated was the only way to put it.

She was hugging a stuffed bear that she had, and her knees up. Her face was buried in the stuffy as well.

She didn't seem to notice tha tJaden was there, but he didn't hear any sobs or anything from her. Granted, there was no way to know whether or not that was a good thing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 01:44:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden was silent, before setting the blade down against the wall outside her room, and making his way inside. He walked over towards her, but stopped and sat down on her bed, looking at her.

"Hey..." he said.

"How are you doing?" he asked.

"I heard that something happened, and it wasn't nice." he then told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 01:49:09 )

Desiree, at first, seemed to be ignoring him, but after a few seconds he realised why.

Her hearing aids were tossed haphazardly onto the desk she was near. After a few seconds, he reached out and gently laid a hand on her knee to get her attention. When she looked up to him, he could see that there was a bit of a bruise forming on her cheekbone, along with some broken skin. It wasn't hard to guess that that was somewhere that kissed the pavement. He could reasonably assume her hands would be in a similar state as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 01:55:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Jaden was silent, before sighing heavily and creating a portal near him. He then reached in and pulled out some tissues and some hydrogen peroxide, showing that he'd created a portal to the bathroom. He then grabbed some bandages and medical wraps, before looking at her again.

"Hey." he said, mouthing the word.

"This will sting, but it needs to be done." he told her.

"Don't want things to get infected."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 01:57:55 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before nodding. She knew what he had, knew what he wanted to do. Or at least she had a reasonable assumption of what he wanted to do.

So she let him.

She flinched, but didn't let out a single sound the entire time he worked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 02:06:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden cleaned her cheek and hands, wrapping her hands afterwards, and putting a patch on her cheek. Once he was done, he grabbed her hearing aids, and handed them to her.

"Please?" he asked.

"I'd like to talk to you." he said.

"As in, actually talk to you, so you can hear me." he went on.

"Please?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 02:09:53 )

Desiree was silent before nodding and accepted what he'd handed her. She put them back where they were meant to be before sighing and meeting his gaze.

"Th-...th....." She sighed before just signing 'thank you', since it really was easier with her stutter.

She had an idea as to what it was that he wanted to talk to her about, too.... not that she wanted to deal with that conversation, of course.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 02:22:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden just nodded.

"Listen, I know what happened sucks." he said. "I know it sucks to hell, and that life is cruel and unfair at times, especially when you run into people that like to tear others down." he told her.

"I could tell you that things will get better, or that you need to rise above this, or that living well is the best revenge, but those platitudes often fall flat, and people have heard them a million times. They rarely help." he went on.

"I'm no parent, I'm no counsellor, but I know of something that might cheer you up, at least." he continued.

"Would you care to see a sneak peek of something new that I'm going to do in my next public show?" he asked. "...I AM a magician, after all." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.