Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Changing One Detail...

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 01:26:28 )

Sure enough, about ten minutes later, there was a commotion out of where he was being kept.

"What is it that you are Doing!?" her voice was sharp, and quite harsh.

"Did anyone ask HER if they are related?"

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 02:08:04 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"But-but, but Lady Remmington!" one of the interrogators replied.

"He's a mana hunter!" they protested.

"You know how they are!" they said further.

"They scheme and lie and do whatever it takes! For all we know, the child was coerced and frightened and threatened into corroborating his story!" they insisted further.

Meanwhile, the man was still leaning forward on the table, his hands buried in his hair, looking like he was ready to have a breakdown.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 02:40:42 )

"Yes. I know." She stated, her tone betraying the lack of patience she had st the moment.

"I also know that you are one that needs to listen to what you are told."

[b"This man may be a hunter but I have it on good authority that the child is his. But to make sure we can and will perform a genetic scan."[/b]

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 03:19:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" one of the interrogators was silent for a moment.

"Well... well, fine, then!" they said.

"We'll do that right NOW!" they told her.

"Ah, but we need the child for that." they then said, sounding a little smugger. "But she refuses to talk to any of us, or deal with us at all." they went on.

"Probably all planted and prepared by the hunter." they added, crossing their arms over their chest victoriously.

The man looked ready to cry now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 03:31:16 )

She just sighed before shaking her head.

"I have it on good authority, from a telepath, that she isn't responding because she's deaf." She snapped.

"If any of you lot even tried to figure shit out you'd have learned that little detail!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 03:55:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

At this point, the interrogators had NO legs to stand on. They looked panicked, and they looked like they wanted to say something, but knew that they couldn't.

She was right, and they had NO counterargument at this point.

"Very well, then." one said.

"We'll get Saul to do the test." they said further, but she could tell they were up to something. She could see it in their eyes, Saul was a close personal friend of theirs, and odds are he'd fudge the results to their favour.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 04:04:21 )

"No." She stated simply, plainly, and rather succinctly.

"I will contact someone outside of the council, who will be entirely and utterly unbiased toward the situation." As she spoke, she pulled her mobile out of her pocket and started dialing a number. She hit call, leaving it on speaker.

"Dr. Calder. You are needed in the holding region of the Council, an hour ago, please." She stated. Her voice was calm, but the one she called had spoken with her enough... that he could hear the underlying infuriation.

"And do make sure to bring the supplies to do a genetic test - mana based, of course. Thank you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 05:13:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Got it." the one on the other side replied.

"I will be there in under a minute." he said, before the call was ended.

When she looked at the other two, they had expressions of utter defeat and frustration on their faces.

"......" they were silent, and looked at each other, before looking at her.

"And you're sure he's un-" one of them started to say, before the other placed their hand on his shoulder. It was over. They had no arguments left.

Sure enough, less than a minute later, a tall, think, green-haired bespectacled man showed up inside the room.

"And here I am." he declared.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 05:15:03 )

She looked to the newcomer before nodding.

"There's a child, and a mana hunter. We need to know if they are related or not." She told him simply before making sure he was aware of who they both were, and where they were.

"Please do what you can to find out." She added.

"I will be hanging around to hear the results." With that, she left the room and headed to the hall, figuring she'd wait there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 05:32:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Very well." he replied.

About 3 minutes later, he emerged from the room with a glass container filled with a strange aura. He made his way towards Desiree, motioning for the woman to follow.

She did, and the two of them approached the girl, while the man was still there as well.

The doctor leaned down close to her, and looked into her eyes.

"Sweetie, I can make sure you and your father can be together again." he told her.

"Just let me take a little something from inside your arm, okay?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 05:35:29 )

Desiree didn't say anything, he didn't see anything on her face, either, before she held her arm out for him. It was something that would likely be worrisome, but at the same time.... they didn't know her history. They had no idea what it was that was going to come next, and that overall wasn't too surprising.

Meanwhile, the lady made her way back to where the other two were.

"All right, now you know these results canNOT be contested, right?" She asked, her voice sharp, as was pretty standard.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 05:57:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The other two had stepped out of the room, and both nodded.

"Yes, Ma'am." they said in unison.

Meanwhile, the doctor placed a finger on Desiree's arm, and she felt a strange wet sensation almost inside her. But it was short-lived, and when he withdrew the finger, there was a small bubble of water on the tip of it, with what looked to be an aura contained within.

"Now, when I add this to what is in the other container, if the two mix together, it shows that they are genetically family." he told them.

He then proceeded to do so, and there seemed to be a strange reaction inside it.

"Eh?" he muttered.

"What is it?" the man asked. But before the doctor could respond, the reaction stopped, and the two 'auras' blended together perfectly.

"Well, the start was strange, but what matters is the final result." he told the group.

"Judged on this test, which is 99.7% accurate, this girl IS, in fact, that man's daughter." he declared with the utmost confidence in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 05:59:26 )

When he stepped out of the room that Desiree had been in, and approached the others, she sighed.

"All right then." She stated.

"Good to know." She then looked to the two that were harrassing the man.

"You two can take off. I will take care of this now." She added, her voice very 'no-nonsense'.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 06:17:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." the two were silent, before nodding and leaving.

There was silence in the area, but the woman knew what needed to be done.

Desiree and her father needed to be reunited.

And they needed it ASAP.

Desiree was clearly frightened out of her mind about what had been happening, and her father was a nervous wreck because of this.

"So." Dr. Calder said to her.

"I assume that they'll be dealt with?" he asked her, referring to the interrogators.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 06:30:57 )

"Of course they will be." She stated, her tone rather short, but it was easily directed at those that had left.

"I will be doing that shortly." She continued before sighing.

"For now, I need to speak with him." That was the last thing she said before heading into the room in question. She approached the table he was sitting at, and sat across from him, her staff leaning against it.

". . . I am terribly sorry about all that happened." She started after a couple of seconds.

"Can you at least understand, in part, where they were coming from?" She asked after a second or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 07:45:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" the man was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"I am what I am." he said.

"And what I am breeds and fosters anger and hatred amongst mages and non-humans." he told her.

"I accepted the consequences of my 'gift' when I received it." he went on.

"But I don't even care any longer." he told her further, before pausing a moment.

"All I care about now, is protecting my daughter."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 07:54:28 )

She just sighed lightly.

". . . do you have a means to take care of her?" She asked, her voice curious, not harsh or judging at all.

"I mean... hmm... If you are willing, since you have a mage child it's rather easy to identify you ... can suppress your natural Hunter instinct." She continued.

". .. I can give you a chance to utilise that skill, and help you not be so judged for having a mage child."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 08:01:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, he was silent, before looking at her.

"I..." he stammered. "I have SOME savings, but they will only last a few years at most." he told her.

"But... do you mean it?" he then asked.

"You'd be willing to give me a chance?" he asked further.

"...and, incidentally, yes, I can suppress it. I've learned how to ever since she was born." he then confirmed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 11:16:12 )

She was silent as he said what he did.

"I am quite serious." She stated.

"There are two other mana hunters that work under me, helping to deal with the troublemakers." She continued. "And since you can suppress your natural instincts, I can definitely make use of that skill, and teach you new skillsets."

"I also pay in Euros. Meaning the exchange rate will be quite nice to you, if you plan to stay in Canada."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/11 18:28:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She could see the gratitude in his eyes.

Sheer, unmitigated gratitude. He looked ready to cry again, but for an entirely different reason.

"...th... thank you." he finally said.

"I can finally support my daughter properly." he said further.

"If you'll take me, I'll more than willingly accept." he confirmed.

"And you'll let me stay in Canada? I don't deserve such kindness..." he went on, his voice catching in his throat a little.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.