Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Changing One Detail...

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 02:50:07 )

Desiree nodded.

Yeah, of course. she wrote.

---

A few months later, Desiree was sitting outside, in the long run barely wearing anything as she was there absorbing the sun, trying to tan a bit. She had a bikini top on that was very wrappy, and some short shorts on as well, merely for the skin exposure so she could try and have more of her skin tanned. So she was out there in the middle of the day, enjoying the sun, and reading a book.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 03:05:53 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Off to the side, in the yard, about 5 metres away, Leo appeared in a burst of mana. He had with him, a box. A box that looked like it had come out of some high-end electronics boutique.

He looked around for Desiree, and saw her.

And when he did, his face went red.

VERY red.

And he felt himself thinking some thoughts... thoughts that made his face go even redder.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 03:13:38 )

Desiree didn't notice Leo across the way. she just kept reading her book, before stretching partway through and giving Leo an interesting view as she shifted position, and the pillow beneath her to lay on her front.

Leo saw, as she did so (and he was trying not to look) the hearing aids she did have sitting off to the side.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 03:28:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo was now starting to sweat heavily, and there was no way to get her attention from where he was. She would not be able to hear him.

So, he started to slowly make his way towards her... his legs wobbly and uneasy.

He then paused when he was a few meters away, and picked up a small pebble that was nearby, tossing it lightly towards her, having it land in front of her face.

'Please let that have gotten her attention, please let that have gotten her attention...' he prayed internally.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 03:37:09 )

Desiree didn't seem to notice the small pebble as it was tossed over. At least not at first.

When there was a small bug crawling on her hand, she did as she put her hand onto it, and winced. No blood was drawn, but it did smart. She was sure that placve was clear too, when she first set up, so where had it come from?

Which is when she looked around.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 04:05:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She finally saw that Leo was there, and his face was still red.

He was trying to avoid looking at her, but at the same time, he couldn't help himself.

And she could tell he was VERY embarrassed.

He finally waved at her, smiling goofily.

It was adorable... in a dorky sorta way.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 04:08:26 )

Desiree just smiled softly and saved back before motioning for him to approach as she sat back on the towel she had there.

She didn't say anything though, as was pretty standard. Instead, she just grabbed her hearing aids off the grass and put them back on her ears.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 04:28:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo slowly approached, and cleared his throat when he got to her.

"Ah... uh... h-h-hey." he stammered.

"Just... I just... well, I... I'm here, because..." he continued, clearly flustered.

"I mean... I... I have something for you." he told her.

"S-sorry if I d-disturbed you." he then stuttered further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 04:33:00 )

Desiree waved softly.

"h-h-hh--he-hey." She managed to get out after a few attempts. She didn't say anything more, as she didn't really have anything more to say, especially with the fact that she stuttered far too much.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 04:54:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo was silent for another moment, before he forcibly cleared his throat. He then slapped his cheeks a few times, and took several loud, harsh breaths.

After calming himself down for another minute or so, he looked at her again.

"I finished them." he told her.

"Do you want them here, or inside?" he asked.

"There's a bit to go over."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 04:57:15 )

Desiree just nodded before getting to her feet. She gathered everything before making her way to the door, motioning for him to follow.

They stepped inside and she approached the kitchen. She looked over before motioning to the fridge, as if asking if he wanted a drink.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 05:17:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Leo just nodded.

"Water, please." he said.

He had to admit it... Desiree was an extremely attractive young lady. And he was seriously attracted to her at the moment. However, he also felt terrible about it.

He knew where his heart truly laid.

But... damn, he had to admit that Desiree was amazing.

"Also, you'll want your phone." he told her.

"Do you care where we go over this? As far as rooms go?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 05:22:24 )

Desiree grabbed him a bottle of water for the fridge and brought it over to him. When he accepted and asked his question, she just shrugged. She didn't really care where it was, but that was largely due to the fact that there was no reason to hide it form Marcus, and she was sure that he was still at work for the moment anyway.

She headed off to the den, as she figured that'd be the best place for this.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 05:48:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Leo was silent, and followed her.

When they were in the room, and sitting, he handed her the box.

When she opened it, she saw a pair of gorgeous and high-quality headphones. They looked to at least cost a couple hundred dollars.

"Those should do it." he said.

"They'll even connect to wifi and such." he continued.

"And they'll act as bluetooth speakers for compatible devices, like your phone." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/17 09:28:53 )

Desiree was silent for a moment, looking over what she'd given to her, before lookign to him curiously. She then held a finger up, essentially telling him to shut up so she didn't miss anything, and took the hearing aids off her ears. She didn't think that it would be such a good idea to have them on AND the headset that he had brought her.

She carefully set it on her head, which she didn't know what to expect. Once they were one, she took a breath, got a feel for everything, and found the power switch. It was a small switch that was on the side, near her head.

She heard a buzzing almost instantly, before it went quite, but a different quiet than she was used to.

She then looked to Leo and gave a thumbs up to say they were comfy, at least. She didn't know about anything else, so far.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/18 02:45:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Leo was silent for a moment, before holding his breath.

'...all right.' he thought. 'This is it.' he mentally told himself.

He then turned around so that he wasn't facing her, and took a small breath.

"2, 6, 4, 1." he said, before turning around again.

"What did I just say?" he asked her.

'Please let them work, please let them work, please let them work...' he pleaded internally, hoping they at least came close to perfect hearing for her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/18 02:49:01 )

Desiree paused for a moment before tapping him on the shoulder and using her fingers to relay what he said.

She still wasn't talking, and it was strictly because of her stutter. She grabbed the pad of paper that was on the coffee table, along with the pen, and wrote him something.

Sounds beautiful and clear. She wrote before handing it over.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/18 03:10:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo read the paper, and smiled.

"Good, good." he said.

"Now we need to just make sure everything ELSE is working." he told her.

"Which is to say, make sure the radio function works, the MP3 function works, make sure it connects to your phone, that sort of thing." he went on.

"Oh, and they're rechargeable as well. I included a charging dock for when you sleep." he continued.

"And there's a card in there for tech support." he added, which was just a fancied up business card with his personal phone number on it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/18 03:26:24 )

Desiree nodded. She knew that she needed to make sure it was all good... although she was quite confident that it all would be.

----

Years later, Desiree was in a park, putting on a small free show for some kids that were around. It was a gorgeous sumemrs day, and it seemed that both the adults and children alike were thoroughly enjoying what she was doing.

As she used her mana to raise a few of them up on sold platforms of night invisible mana, she just chuckled before catching someone's face in teh distance. She just smiled softly before returning her attention to what it was meant to be on - making sure that she didn't drop the kids.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/18 03:47:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that caught her eye wasn't technically part of the crowd, he had just been wandering the park that day, but when he saw what was happening, he had to stop.

He leaned against a nearby tree, and smirked as he saw her act.

"Well, well, well." he said.

"Would ya look at that." he went on.

"And everyone is REALLY into it, too."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.