Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Visions of the Future

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 02:29:29 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, he's actually got a day off tomorrow." Leo replied.

"It's short notice, but he's willing to come here tomorrow to talk to you guys." he told them.

"....Dr. Rene Calder, I assume?" Hal then asked.

"Yes, why? Is that a problem?" Leo asked.

"Oh, not at all." Hal responded. "It's actually quite a good thing, from what I've heard from Hollie." he commented.

"Does tomorrow work for you, Lunet?" he asked his daughter.

"If so, I'll take a day off tomorrow so we can properly have the consultation."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 02:31:42 )

Lunet nodded.

"Yeah, I've not plans." She answered.

"We've got some time off of school too." She added.

"So tomorrow works out well for me, too."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 02:48:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Even if you didn't, I would have had you out of school for the day, anyway." Hal told her.

"Regardless, tomorrow works for you as well?" he asked Leo.

"It does." Leo replied. "I'll set up a time." he told them.

And so he did. It was at 10 in the morning, but the next day, there was a knock at the door, and when Hal answered it, Rene stood there.

"Agent Sharp." he greeted him.

"Doctor Calder." Hal responded, stepping out of the way and allowing Rene entry.

Rene stepped inside, looked around as Hal shut the door behind him, and sighed.

"All right, where is the potential patient?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 02:56:21 )

"In the kitchen!" Lunet called, having heard the exchange between the pair.

"I'll be in the den in a second!" She added before finishing what she was doing. Once she was done, she made her way to the den and sat down before pausing, noticing that they were there already.

"Hi. I'm Lunet." She said with a wave, not entirely sure what direction it was that he was in for the moment. She just knew they were there because she heard their breathing.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 03:18:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hello, Lunet." Rene replied with a smile, as Leo showed his face as well.

"Hey Rene." he said.

"Hey Leo." Rene responded.

"Anyway, to the den." Hal chimed in, as they all convened there.

Over the next few hours, they discussed the procedure. Rene learned of what they had made, why Lunet was blind, and the software inside the visor.

"...and that's how it would go." Rene finished. "In theory, it's... deceptively simple, but I'd need Leo's help, and there's a lot that could happen. A lot of potential complications." he went on. "And nerve reattachment is... tricky business." he added.

Leo was silent for a moment, before biting his lip.

"Rene, if you hear a piece of information that is extremely sensitive, would you be all right with having a smidgen of amnesia sand used on you, to forget that piece of information?" he then asked.

"Yes." Rene responded, causing Leo to sigh quietly. He then looked at Hal, who nodded in response.

"I know where you're going with that." he said.

"Lunet, this is what you want?" he then asked his daughter. "Absolutely, 100% want this done?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 03:24:02 )

Lunet was silent for a moment, obviously thinking about how to answer that, now that they've heard the details.... and the risks.

"I..." She started before nodding.

'Yeah." She answers.

"Yeah, I do." She answered. "I know that there are risks, but if it's possible to avoid those, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I want the chance to see if it's at least possible."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 03:42:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Avoid the risks?" Rene asked.

"....Doctor Calder, I am a djinn." Hal admitted. "If you are willing to put her under, then my mana and magic can do the rest, in such a way that the complications are minimised to the point of being almost non-existent." he explained.

"But we'll still need you to watch over her, make sure nothing happens." he went on.

"I see." Rene responded.

"And the part that I would make you forget, is who the djinn was." Leo said. "You'd know that a djinn was involved, but you won't remember WHO." he continued.

"That is something I can live with." Rene confirmed.

"We'll need to set it all up, and I'd like it done in an actual hospital, of course, but I can most certainly agree to those terms." he said further.

"When do you want this done?" he asked.

"I'd say ASAP, but it's all dependent on my daughter." Hal responded.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 03:55:25 )

"I am quite literally good whenever." Lunet answered honestly.

"I'm not too picky." She added. "So whenever it works best, I think." She paused a moment.

"And then there's also the question regarding where. Yeah, it may be in a hospital, but the question is where?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 04:03:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"OLA will be the obvious choice." Rene responded.

"It's where I work, the conditions are sterile and clean, and the staff know me there." he said.

"How long will she be there?" Hal asked.

"Assuming she has the procedure done on the day of admittance, and no complications, no longer than a week." Rene responded.

"Lunet, would you be okay with OLA?" Hal asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 04:07:24 )

Lunet nodded before pausuing.

"I am, yeah. But.... are you? I mean, wouldn't there be a bunch of paperwork for travel for medical treatments?" she asked

"And... don't you need approval from the hospital to even try?" she asked Rene

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 04:21:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene just chuckled.

"For starters, it's a mage hospital." he said. "They have patients from all over, and paperwork is non-existent. Mostly just where you're coming from." he told her.

"Also, I have... SO much seniority in that hospital, you have no idea." he then said.

"I can get away with a LOT." he assured her.

"Trust me, it'll be fine."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 04:24:24 )

Lunet was silent for a moment before nodding.

"All right." She said simply.

"If you're sure it can go without issue, then just set it up and tell me when?" She asked before pausing.

"Although summer break is in about a month, and we could always do it then, so as to avoid making it that I potentially miss my exams."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 05:06:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmm." Rene mumbled, as he took out a planner and flipped through it.

"Summer break... summer break..." he muttered further.

"Ah!" he said.

"I can probably get you in as soon as.... 5 weeks from now, roughly." he told her.

"Does that work for you?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 05:09:21 )

Lunet nodded.

"That works perfectly. For me, anyway." She said. "Not... not sure about anyone else."

"So if all are good with it, then I certainly am too."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 05:28:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'm fine with that." Hal said.

"I am, too." Leo chimed in.

"Excellent." Rene responded.

"I'll head back and figure out a more specific date." he told them. "I'll be contacting you relatively soon with the information." he went on.

"Very well, then." Hal replied.

"You truly are as reliable as Hollie says you are." he told Rene.

"You flatter me." Rene responded with a small laugh.

'And thank EMELIE she didn't mention my... extracurricular activities...' he then thought.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 05:58:54 )

"Thank you, Dr. Calder." Lunet said, gratitude in her voice.

"I really do appreciate what you're willing to do for me." She added.

"But yeah, I'll wait to hear back. If you don't want to go through Leo, he can give you my number if you want to just contact me directly" She paused a moment, before shrugging. "Although I suppose it doesn't really matter."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 06:17:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It would be best if I contacted you directly." Rene responded.

"Unless I should go through your father, first." he added.

"This is all about HER." Hal replied.

"Very well." Rene responded.

Time passed, Rene had given Lunet a date and a time, summer break had arrived, and the day had finally come when she was to go to OLA for her procedure.

Hal made his way to her bedroom door, and knocked on it.

"Sweetie, you awake?" he called in.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 06:24:51 )

"Door's unlocked" Lunet called through the door. When he stepped in, he found her sitting on her bed, feet up, leaning against thte headboard, reading one of ht ebrail books she had.

"Is it time to go?" She asked after a moment or two as she put a bookmark into the book to save the spot.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 06:32:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It is." Hal replied.

"We need to teleport to the receiving area of OLA, where we'll meet with Leo and Dr. Calder, and make sure everything is ready." he told her.

"You ready to go?" he asked.

"We have a LITTLE bit of time, but arriving early is always a good thing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 06:36:17 )

Lunet nodded before getting to her feet.

"Yeah, I'm ready to go." She answered before grabbing her school bag. She had a few things in there for the expected stay at the hospital after this. Namely, her phone, a couple spare battery packs, the charging cord and plug, and her earbuds so she could at least listen to music, if nothing else.

"I'm good when you are." She said as she got to her feet.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.