Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Visions of the Future

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 07:44:21 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Leo muttered.

"Yeah." he said.

"That IS a potential problem." he admitted.

"But it's up to you." he told her.

"It's entirely up to you, and how confident you are in this." he clarified.

"I can give you time to consider this, if you like." he then offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 07:45:43 )

"Well, there's the whole brain sugery to even put the connections in place." Lunet commented.

"There's no guarantee we can find a surgeon willing to DO it, nevermind me being willing to undergo it." She then said.

"Or do you know someone who would?"

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 08:05:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo just sighed.

"...Dr. Rene Calder MIGHT." he said.

"But this procedure would be... well... experimental, let's not mince words." he admitted.

"I'll have to speak with him about it, though." he told her.

"He might not feel comfortable in doing it." he warned her.

"But, again, I can talk to him about this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 08:07:05 )

Lunet nodded.

"I'll see if I can find anyone in the meantime, as well." She commented, although she had something in mind for that. Of crourse, there was absolutely no way to know whether or not it would work.

For all she knew, it was something that would neer work. There was literally no way to know without approaching it.

Her mindset, was why not omit the need fo rthe surgery, if she could?

If he'd agree.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 08:25:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You do that, then." Leo responded.

"I'm going to call Rene and ask him." he told her.

"Or at least set up a meeting to discuss it." he continued, before pausing and thinking about it.

"Yeah... yeah, he should be awake, still. And not at work." he mumbled.

"Do you mind if I excuse myself to make the call?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 09:08:17 )

Lunet shook her head.

"Not at all. Go do what you need to." She answered.

After he was gone, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and sent a text off to Hal, only able to type as well as she did because of her mana.

Hey.... how extensive is your wish granting ability?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 20:45:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After about a couple of minutes, she received a call. She could guess who it was, and answered it.

"That's a question that is best discussed in person." her father said when she did answer. "Over the phone is a bit impersonal, and texting just won't work here, for... well, obvious reasons." he reasoned.

"That being said, I'm due for a break in about 5 minutes." he told her.

"I can quickly pop on over there, and we can discuss the full extent of what you mean with your question." he then said. He had a rough and vague idea as to what her wish could be pertaining to, but that was it. He was curious as to where she would be going with this.

"That work for you?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 20:51:56 )

"I figured you'd call. But yeah, whenever you get a chance. The other option is I make my way out to you." Lunet answered with a light chuckle.

"Both option are valid and both work. I don't think I'll take much of your time though, if that makes any difference."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 21:02:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll visit you." Hal said.

"I... well, I prefer to talk about such things in private." he told her. "And our home is more secure and private than here at the Unit." he reasoned.

"You want me to bring something home with me?" he asked.

"Like a drink or a bite to eat or something?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 21:17:50 )

Lunet paused a moment.

"I... Really wouldn't say no to some food." She answered after a few seconds.

"Psecifically one of those wraps from the sammich place nearby to you." She added with a bit of a hopeful tone. She knew that they weren't cheap sandwiches, but she could still hope, no?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 21:27:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll see what I can do, sweetie." her father replied, before they ended the call.

About 7-8 minutes later, she felt her father's mana in the house.

"I'm home!" he called to her.

She went to see him, and as soon as she was close, she could smell the wrap he had got her. Sure enough, he'd gone to the place she liked, and gotten her favourite wrap. She could also smell those spiced fries she was addicted to.

"Also got you some root beer." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 21:30:59 )

"Ohhhh, thanks!" Lunet said with a smile as he handed her what he'd brought.

"Now... What do I need to clarify for my question? I thought it was pretty clear, actually." She added as she sat down in one of the chairs.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 21:48:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You'd think so." Hal replied.

"But it's far more deep and complex than one would assume." he told her.

"There are definite things I can NOT do." he went on. "People cannot wish for me to kill someone. I cannot resurrect the dead. I cannot mind control people. I can influence and suggest things to people, but I cannot forcefully override their free will." he explained to her.

"But you know this already." he said.

"Oh, and I cannot 'repair' what is naturally occurring." he told her. "Or if someone has sustained damage, and it's been that way for a long time, I have difficulties healing it." he went on. "But those are grey areas." he said further.

"The rest is generally down to my own personal limits and beliefs, being free." he continued.

"I know you wouldn't ask this unless you had something specific in mind. So what is it?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 22:05:09 )

Lunet was silent for a moment, thinking about how to answer that question.

". . . All right, I'll word this AS a wish, and if you can't do it, please let m eknow." She said after another second or two.

"I wish that the surgery that I would need to undergo for the connections to the visor, was completely not needed, that the ports for it are already there, that I wouldn't NEED to undergo brain surgery to put them in."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 22:25:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"............." Hal was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"I..." he stammered.

He then thought for a moment, before sighing.

"I... hm." he mumbled.

"Yes. I can do that." he said. "However, I'm not sure how well it can be done. As in, the quality of granting the wish." he told her.

"That being said, if I knew how to do the procedure... which is to say, I knew what the steps were, then I can guarantee that I can do it, and do it WELL." he told her.

"So, I can do it now, with a greater risk, or consult with someone, and have it done BETTER." he summarised.

"If you wish for the latter, then you can make the wish once more, when I am more confident, or when YOU are."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 22:26:33 )

Lunet was silent for a moment before shrugging.

"Leo's speaking with someone he knows today, or soon regardless." She told him.

"So I'll ... let you know whenever I know anything that could help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 00:17:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Very well." Hal replied.

"If more information can be gotten, then I will do it." he said.

"My wish granting is NOT a substitute for modern medicine and surgical techniques, though." he continued.

"Hell, the best option may be for me to grant the surgeon the ability to flawless perform the operation." he then told her further.

"But, that being said, we'll see what happens when we all have more info." he reiterated.

"I'm sorry it can't be more definite or precise than that." he apologised.

"Wish granting is amazing, yes, but they're not quite miracles." he lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 01:27:48 )

Lunet nodded.

"Of course." She said.

"Honestly, ideally I wouldn't need to undergo surgery at all." She started, "But I would be completely happy with it not being such an experimental one." She added./

"There's... no guarantee anyone would even be willing to do it, sadly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 01:42:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was about to answer, when Leo approached them.

"Lunet!" he exclaimed, before stopping when he saw Hal.

"Oh, sorry." he apologised.

"None needed." Hal responded. "So do you have news?" he asked.

"Yeah." Leo replied.

"Dr. Calder is willing to visit here and talk with us about the procedure." he told them. "Like a free consultation, I suppose." he went on. "Explain how he'd do it and such." he said further.

"...how fortuitous." Hal commented.

"I would be all right with that meeting. Would you?" he asked Lunet.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 02:17:06 )

Lunet was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"Perfect timing, Leo. I was about to text you." She told him honestly.

"As fro your question, Dad, I'm all good for it." She then said with a smile. "If it's something that we need to do, then yeah, totally good with it. I'd like to find out if this even if possible or not." She paused a moment before turning her attention back to Leo.

"Did he say when?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.