Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Dark Mana

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/28 05:35:14 )
@Lunakiri:

"Sir, I'm very sorry for the interruption, but-"

"Again, Philippe?"

"Ah, uhm... yes, I do realize that-"

"Can you not see I am enjoying a book and some tea? What part of this scenario is begging for your presence? Oh, let me guess! You have detected another gnat within some outskirts of our domain, hm?"

"U-uh, no, no! Not at all. Actually, sir, it's about your-"

"Look. Philippe. I do not know why you THINK you are here, but you are supposed to be the bringer of news! Why do I even keep you when you bring me rubbish, time and again? Get out of here, and- ah, there you are. The Philippe I wish to see."

"Yes sir. It concerns Area 954. Particularly, subjects 785F, 435K, 339X, and several unidentifiable targets. The situation may be beyond the scope of the area's administrator."

"B-but that was-"

"Ah, Philippe. It is good to see you."

"...You as well, I suppose."

"Hm, very well. You never fail to amaze me, Philippe. Bring it up on the big screen, will you? Oh, and do bring some popcorn. Extra buttery! Don't forget this time."

The man with glowing eyes had enough. He could barely hold himself upright, and he wasn't getting paid enough to risk his life in such an abysmal situation. Without saying a word to his comrade or helping the one that had fallen due to Eugene's earlier attacks, he lowered his arm and started running for the doors.

In a cruel twist of fate, Eugene let out a scream that caused the shaking to intensify further, and a bookshelf crashed down atop the fleeing illusionist. Whatever remained of his sphere shattered immediately, and Erica could see then that a few students were standing right near her and Paul, whose body still consisted of molten rock.

Students noticed the scene and there was immediate panic. The windows simultaneously shattered as a chorus of screams filtered into the outside. The pillars that stretched from the floor and into the ceiling were slowly splintering, and it wouldn't be long before the foundation would give way. All the while, Eugene seemed to have lost all control. There was a mad dash away from the flaming man and to the doors, but there was also a very loud cracking sound.

A large section of the marble floor upheaved itself as pieces of rock started to float around Eugene. It was all very reminiscent of the activity Erica witnessed on the monitor inside the Black Dream.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/28 15:00:26 )
Erica watched her mother as she manipulated a young boys memories, his mind. She watched the light glow from the woman's hands, the reflective absent glow in the boys eyes, and watched as some of the blood dripped down from his temple. She wiped her own face, getting some of the blood off of her, with an arm which had a hand that seemed to be acquiring black markings. It was just over her fingers, so far, barely even over the back of her hand or her palm, but it was there already.

She was only six years old. This was one of the earlier onsets of abilities, and her mother knew that. Erica, meanwhile, thought it was unnatural and it scared her; but she also thought it was rather cool. The marks seemed alive sometimes, and it was fascinating to the child. She loved to sit and watch it, but never seemed to notice what occurred around her when they were 'alive'

After the boy had headed home, the blood explained by having tumbled out of a tree, her mother looked to her, her gaze stern.

"Erica..." She started, her voice warning, "You're going to be a hassle, aren't you?"

"I... I'm sorry, Mama...." Erica said quietly, looking to her feet.

'I dunno why he hit me doe..." She added, somehow managing to ignore the pain. It was one thing she'd always had. A decreased pain tolerance. It was a god send, since she seemed to like to get into fights.

Her mother just sighed and shook her head.

"Erica, you need to learn to make people not fight you, yourself."

---

Erica watched what happened without knowing what to make of it, of any of it. It seemed that her brothers abilities shifted with the soul in control, and it seemed that it was a massive upgrade at times as well.

Two of the ones that had attacked Sabrina were either out of commission or running, while the last one was just there. She didn't know what it was that she was supposed to do here. For a moment, her brain froze in mid-thought as pain echoed through every fibre of her being. She knew she'd be fine - down the road. For the moment, she felt as if she'd been cooked alive.

Not that it was too innacurate a statement, that is.

She tried to hold the pain back, and did manage to, but as she got pushed over in the rush of people running around and panicking, she felt something almost snap within her. It was something she hadn't felt in a very long time.

Everyone around her froze, although it was just those that would usually be affected by her, before running for the doors. They were still panicked, but it was definitely more calmly than it had been before. She didn't even seem to notice, before looking to her brother.

"Are you gonna end up killing yourself? Seriously." she muttered before making her way over to Sabrina.

"Come on, let's get out of here. I need answers from you later, as well. I'm sure my brother wants some too." She then said to the young woman, all while not looking away from her brother, not sure if she'd be able to react were anything to happen.

Click the image to go to my art shop!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/5 06:45:33 )
@Lunakiri:

She could feel the mana draining out of her with every passing second, but stopping the rage was impossible. Her voice was growing hoarse as she screamed in agony - no, screamed for release. Her fingers painfully dug into the sides of her head as her hair whipped about with each erratic movement. While her eyes at first emitted a dull brownish light, her pupils were now fiercely glowing. Cracks like those that split the earth beneath her invaded the irises, snaking to the center like moths drawn to a flame.

Suddenly, the floor beneath her collapsed, and she went tumbling into a deep hole of her own creation... but it wasn't her own body that she would destroy this time, and he wouldn't allow her to claim his as well. Eugene threw an arm up and latched onto the edge of the floor with all his might.

"I apologize, but I cannot allow you to do as you please any longer," he clenched his teeth while struggling to hold on to the crumbling earth at his fingertips. The brown in his irises receded as he wrestled possession of his self back from the young woman that had almost lost everything for a second time.

"I... cannot die here," he swung his other arm upwards but couldn't grab on to anything, and his hand was slowly sliding away from solid matter. He lacked the strength to pull himself up after just reclaiming control. "I must save her, and right... the wrongs that have transpired..."

Eugene himself seemed to lack any particular power. The souls that he harbored within could wield their respective abilities, but without their consciousness present, he would be lost to the darkness below. The abyss created by an earthquake of angst.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/1 18:33:33 )

@Dowan: Erica was silent for a moment as she watched Eugene. Sabrina had to get out of there, and she wanted to help her out, but honestly? She knew that her brother was far more important for the moment, if only just because they shared blood, if nothing else.

”Sorry, Sabrina. Get out of here, I gotta help Eugene.” She told her before hurrying over to where her brother was, barely managing to make it in time, before her brother fell into the abyss below.

She reached over and grabbed his wrists, pulling him up as best she could.

”I won’t let you fall!” She called to him, not caring if she was cheezy or anything. At the moment, she was just worried about not losing him. She wasn’t about to break down or anything - she looked more pissed than sad or upset - but she refused to lose her brother because of some stupid whiny soul that had hijacked his body for a bit.

I can’t believe what it is that I witnessed though… She thought as she fought to bring her brother up. The floor beneath her was starting to crumble away at the edge though, meaning that they were on a bit of a time limit for this. Erica had to get her brother up quick… or risk falling in herself.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.