Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Dark Mana

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 05:37:39 )
@Lunakiri:

"I did care for her at one point," he admitted. "But as my power grew and I unraveled its secrets, those feelings withered. I thought it strange that I was so full of life one day, and then empty the next." He shook his head while turning to one of the screens nearest them. A young woman met up with students from her class while wearing a broad smile. She seemed happy enough, but the meeting point was less than ideal. It appeared to be an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town. They were probably holding a party of some sort, or that's at least what they told her.

"Have you thought about this place in the short while you have been here, Erica?"He turned slightly and looked at her out of the corner of his eye. The question was serious, but his gaze was neutral. "Do you know what we are currently watching?" The clicking resumed after it had long been absent, and the woman was quickly beaten to the floor when she entered the warehouse. Ambushed by a young man in plain clothes from the shadows.

But she did not look frightened. And even as she bled from a wound to the head, her hands dug into the pavement and her eyes shone gold. A tear fell, and simultaneously a jagged spike made of the ground around her shot into the man who had wounded her. It impaled him through the chest and lifted his body into the air a few feet. The amount of gore that followed would make it a miracle if he was still alive.

The group that had followed her inside broke out in panic and screams, running for their lives as a crack followed them rapidly. The ground tore apart and a few of them were tossed into the gap as they lost their footing. . .

"Maintaining a relationship while housing multiple identities would be nigh impossible in any case. Can you imagine Daniel going on a date in my stead?" He switched gears from the violent scene unfolding as if it had lost its impact overtime. "Perhaps I will just have to live vicariously through you, Sister. You seemed to like that Aaron fellow, did you not?"

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 06:07:06 )
"Aaron and I don't work." Erica stated simply, plainly.

"Mostly because he couldn't keep it in his pants, admittedly, when I wouldn't put out for him." She added.

'But you can, at least, attempt a friendship with her, can you not? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to." She paused a moment ebfore sighing.

"Or at least explain to her in a nice way that you aren't interested, or that it just isn't a good idea. The last thing that you need, or want, is her to be heartbroken and targetting you. What if she has some sort of ability that awakens in the future? It could happen at any age, at any time." She sighed here before blowing a lock of her hair out of her face.

"You know that."

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 01:53:47 )
@Lunakiri:

Eugene tapped a thumb against his lip in thought. "I know all too well, Sister-"

A loud cracking sound erupted from the nearby screen, and bits of the substance splintered off to disintegrate into the twisting shadows around them. The images continued playing despite the deterioration, and the young woman let out a scream that seemingly pierced the veil of the Black Dream. It reverberated throughout the endless space before fading into the myriad of other sounds.

The ground beneath her gave way, then, and she fell into an abyss of her own creation. Her expression was one of horror as she disappeared from sight, and the screen shattered completely into countless particles that lit up the area around them for a brief moment. Erica then watched as Eugene held out a hand and the specks or dust - or whatever the substance was - funneled very quickly into his palm. Indigo sparks ran up his arm and crackled off his shoulder. The shadows then formed a new screen to replace the old.

His hand spasmed a bit as he turned to face Erica, "It appears I will have to learn how to cope and communicate with a broken female heart. It seems my friendship with Kyla will serve a purpose after all."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 02:02:47 )
@Dowan:

Erica watched the display shatter. She watched the sparks. She watched the reformation of the screen, and was completely silent through it all. She never knew what to make of a lot to do with her brother, and certainly didn't now. All she knew was that this was involved with what he did, and with all the different people within his own head... a fact that she was sure drove him up the wall at times, so to speak.

"Right.. just... look." she started before pausing a moment, trying to plan out to say what it was that she wanted to here.

"Don't take advantage of her, and don't treat her like a damned experiment." she added.

"If you're going to use her for this, fine. Just... at least try and appear as if you're friends, as if you actualyl care." She then said before sighing.

"Even if I've found myself wodnering at times through our lives if that's even possible for you." She then said quietly. "Just.. Kyla cares for you. Don't abuse that."

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 04:49:53 )
@Lunakiri:

Eugene looked her in the eye then, and for a moment grew gravely serious. The indigo energy crackling around his arm began to seep into his skin and vanish completely, but there didn't appear to be any adverse effects. "Tell me, dear Sister. How much of our good Mother do you remember? They are all likely very pleasant memories, correct?"

He smiled, but there was no emotion behind it. "What if I told you that what you remember is a lie? That her time spent with us was a mere experiment...?"

There was an uncomfortable pause after he asked the question, but it was broken by a short chuckle. "Hypothetically speaking, of course. Mother loved us very much, after all, and yet I cannot help but feel that I am missing something. An important detail. A vital fact that she took with her to wherever she may reside at the moment."

He narrowed his gaze, "You understand what I mean, correct? The ability to alter and possibly destroy the mind. Mother possessed such a frightening power, and who knows what else could be achieved through it. Have you ever given thought to her utilizing such a power against us?"

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 05:03:15 )
@Dowan:

Erica just sighed as her brother brought up their mother. She wasn't interested in going into this, solely because she knew the pair of them had very different thoughts on the woman.

'I know." She stated simply.

'I know she has used her abilities on us in the past." She continued before sighing.

"But I also know that there has been more horror that has happened to us than either of us rightly remember. I only know tha tbecause I kept a diary when I was younger, after I learned that things were not as I remembered them."

"I have my recollections, my views, on things... and while they are not as I recall them, I trust them - because it's totally my writing." She added with a light laugh.

"That frilly damned girly writing I had when I was younger."

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 05:45:06 )
@Lunakiri:

"Hm, that is right. You did keep a diary, and wrote in it quite often if I recall correctly." He lowered himself as if to sit and the shadows beneath him rose into a chair. "Then what of her?" He asked suddenly while adjusting his glasses. "Do your writings mention her? Do you remember her, Erica?"

Anticipating the confusion that would likely emerge on her face, he clarified: "Not Mother."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 05:47:46 )
@Dowan:

Erica was completely silent for a moment before sighing.

"'Her'?" She asked.

"That's more than a little confusing, dear brother." She added. 'And nevermind that, it's very vague. There are a lot of people that could be referred to as 'her'."

"So how about you give me a bit more information than that." She then said before sighing and looking around again.

"This... place is fascinating though." It was a topic change, yes, but it was still true.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 05:06:11 )
@Lunakiri:

Eugene noticed the sudden interest in her surroundings, and her seemingly desperate attempt to change the subject. "Are you scared, Sister?" He narrowed his eyes and no matter where she could look, she would feel his intense gaze fixated on her being.

"I speak of the one who no longer remains," he began to elaborate, but the space around them shifted abruptly and dramatically. "Ah... but it appears our time here is coming to a close. The night is waning, and soon we shall be conscious." His chest heaved with a slight sigh, and beams of light started to shoot through the thick darkness all around them. The floor rippled a few times before the center peeled away to reveal blinding white.

"The Black Dream ends, but of course our conversation can continue in the real world." He stood from the chair as it melted into nothingness, and soon what remained was an endless white. They were two figures alone in the light.

No screens. No flashing imagery. No voices.

"You will wake to one of your favorite meals," he offered a rare smile. "It's the least I can do for you."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 05:34:45 )
@Dowan:

Erica watched the darkness fade around them. She had no idea what to expect here, and this was quite a sight to behold.

"It must be hard." She said after a few seconds.

"Having to manage everyone within your own head." She added befroe sighing.

"And Eugene, you don't need to do anything for me. I'm happy just being in the same place as my brother for once. It's been far too long." She then said with a soft smile.

"We will continue this later, as well." She added. "Whether you like it or not. And it had better be you" She stressed the last word, knowing that she needed to, to make sure he was actually paying attention, and heard what it was that she said.

It was the last thing she'd been able to say, before she found herself pulled from there. She had no idea what world she had been in at first, or what world she'd found herself in afterward. At least not for a few seconds. It wasn't until she could smell the peach pancakes that her mother used to cook all the time that she realized where she was.

She'd woken up, and the sunlight was streaming through the window.

". . . well.. that was an eventful night..." she muttered before getting up, and changed into something more appropriate to wear around the house. Once that was done, she made her way to the bathroom to do her morning things, then headed downstairs.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 04:41:14 )
@Lunakiri:

"Ah," Eugene turned to look at her as she entered the kitchen, drawn by the delicious aroma drifting throughout the house. "So you have finally decided to grace me with your presence, Sister." He gave the peach pancakes a flip, then, and checked on the maple-smoked bacon that was sizzling loudly in another pan.

"Kyla already ate and left," he gave the report in his neutral tone. He automatically assumed that she would give him a look at that, and so he continued to say: "I assure you I was as courteous as can be. I even offered to walk her to school after her ordeal yesterday, but she insisted on not imposing any further. Actually, she was quite quick to eat... and then bolted for the door before I had much shot at a conversation..."

He set the cooked bacon on a plate and then cupped his chin in thought while finishing the pancakes. "It was very strange. Based on our discussion, I was under the impression she would want to linger, but I suppose it was within our mutual benefit for her to leave as soon as she could." He shrugged and presented her a plate full of food, and a tall glass of orange juice. The peach pancakes had a combined butter and syrup sauce drizzled over them, and the maple-smoked bacon was perfectly crisp.

He adjusted his glasses - an older pair he had retrieved from his room earlier - and turned away from her to clean the cooking utensils.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 05:27:07 )
Erica sighed as her brother said all he did. She didn't interrupt him, and didn't think there was much she could think of all this for the moment though. As she sat down, and he brought breakfast to the table, she sighed.

"I... I'm not surprised that she ran off." She admitted honestly.

'It's more a case of I think she was overwhelmed, considering what I'd said to her last night." She added.

'But, first off, I assume it's actually you, and no someone else in your head right now?" She asked, her violet eyes locking on his own.

"Or are you someone trying to masquerade as my brother?"

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 05:48:21 )
@Lunakiri:

He blinked while scrubbing one of the pans in the sink at her expressing doubt. "When you were six," he began coolly. "A boy by the name of Tommy Morrison said that he liked you, and you punched him. I found it hilarious, but your ability fired off uncontrollably. He started bawling hysterically, and a few other kids nearby were affected as well."

Eugene dried his hands on the light pink apron he was wearing, and set it aside before sitting across from her. He returned her stare with an unflinching dark red gaze. "I am your brother... but for how long? I am uncertain." He smiled, then, and gave a throaty chuckle, "But that skepticism is healthy. I advise you keep it close, Sister, lest you end up in a worst-case scenario."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 05:58:01 )
@Dowan:

Erica was silent for a moment before shaking her head lightly.

"I don't get why you brought up that initial bit, but I know you're my brother." She started. "Or at least I assume you are."

'I've never really known how to tell with you." She then admitted as she looked away from him and just looked around.

"I've kept a lot of your things here, and up." She then said. "Along with Mom's. . . well, what we have here." She paused a moment before sighing. It was a touchy subject for both of them, she was sure.

"How have you been, though? We haven't spoken for awhile, and you almost never return my calls..."

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 06:12:45 )
@Lunakiri:

"Yes, I thought it best to put distance between us because..." His voice slowed to a stop unpredictably, and there was silence from his end. The only sound that could be heard was a consistent beat as he began tapping the table with a single finger. It was akin to the clicking noise that was ever so present within the Black Dream.

"My apologies," he said simply. "I assume you still cling fondly to the memories of Mother, and so I thought it best to keep the truth from you." Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

"I found her, Erica. Both of them. I heard about them from mere chance, you see. A voice had come to me like so many do, but this one... Sister, this one KNEW. Better yet, he can lead us right to them, and we can finally ask Mother why she ran off. Why she hid her from us."

Eugene was probably not making much sense to her, but he seemed entirely confident in what he was saying, and only sounded a little bit crazy. "Then, well, I had not thought of the aftermath."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 06:22:23 )
@Dowan:

Erica just sighed. Part of her really didn't care what was going on with their parents, if they were alive, if they were dead. All she knew, was that they weren't part of her life, and as far as she knew, not part of her brothers either. So why hunt them out?

"Eugene, we've got bigger issues." She stated, not considering whether or not he was already aware of what she was about to say.

"And I mean that. " She paused here, to let that sink in a bit... and to try and figure out what it was that she going to say.

"There have been far too many unusual instances on campus."

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 04:58:07 )
@Lunakiri:

Eugene glanced aside and his tapping ceased. The whispering started then, and the myriad of voices quickly grew to an insanely loud chorus. It was as if what Erica said had triggered them, but her brother didn't seem to miss a beat.

"I am not surprised you noticed as well," he looked back at her and kept his gaze on her face. "Our family matters can likely wait, but my guess based on what I know is that they are somehow connected to what is happening on campus. No, that is inaccurate..." He cupped his chin in thought, and ran a finger over his lips. "It is more apt to say that if we follow the trail of the strange events occurring on campus, we will likely run into Mother at some point based on what I know."

Hey! That information isn't yours, and I didn't agree to anything.

He rolled his eyes and clarified: "Based on what they know." Eugene stood up then and pocketed his hands, "Well then. Shall we go investigate? I personally feel as if our first step should be to seek out information on the group that kidnapped Kyla."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 05:17:39 )
Erica watched her brother before nodding at his suggestion.

"It would likely be a good starting point." She agreed after a moment.

'I'm not entirely sure what we could hope to expect to find there, but yeah. there's a very good chance we will at least find something, even if just a hint to go looking another way." She then said before sighing and grabbing her phone off of the table, where it had been sitting. She checked to see if there was anything new, before sighing, again.

"Sadly, no new news yet. Nothing regarding what we did last night, either. Which.... I must admit, is rather surprising." She then said as she set her phone back down.

"I don't know what to make of going to find information, but we should probably start with the library on campus." Was what followed.

"There's a group of kids in there around 3 in the afternoon that I have never liked." She continued. Erica never 'didn't like 'someone.

"And beyond that, there's a very good chance they are immune to me." She told him.

"The few times that shit gets out of hand, they never seem to be affected."

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 20:12:25 )
@Lunakiri:

Eugene narrowed his gaze a bit. "I would not be surprised if what transpired yesterday is never known to the world," he stepped out into the entrance hall and rummaged through the closet there while speaking louder. "You said that they seemed to know about us, right? Ah," he paused while seemingly stumbling upon the article of clothing he was looking for.

"If that is the case, then they know how dangerous we can be. I would hazard a guess that their act was just a test of sorts." His voice softened as he leaned against the doorframe to the kitchen. He was wearing a black longcoat that looked extremely... worn in some places, but otherwise still usable, if a bit saturated because of age.

"They were likely ready to clean up any mess that occurred as a result, but we can catch them off guard now by going after these three individuals. Seeing as how they are unaffected by your abilities, they may be power users themselves," he chuckled and it was a rather sinister sound. "It will be a golden opportunity."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 06:41:35 )
@Dowan:

Erica was silent for a moment before sighing.

'Yeah... It's very possible they are." She agreed after her brother returned to the room.

'I'm not entirely sure what it is that I'm to expect though." She then admitted.

"This is... too weird, I think. But hey, I'm game for going for them first." She then agreed.

"It'd likely be the best way to do it." Erica couldn't deny the logic behind there. They were the first hint they had toward anything else, anything that was goin gon. It was the first thing that they could do.

It was a question of doing it, really, and seeing where it was that they would be led in doing that, as well.

"They generally are in the library during lunch at 1." She then said. "Let's head there a bit before then, I suppose."
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.